Are you selling your Gambit?

Comments

• Rockwell75
    Rockwell75 Posts: 268 Mover and Shaker
    I'm hoping the covers I get will get a few more of my 5's closer to champ status.
    I'm seriously considering selling mine for exactly this reason.
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,700 Chairperson of the Boards
    Waiting until I try him post nerf
    fmftint said:
    Daiches said:
    Even with the upcoming "nerf" he is still OP. I will sell him and collect my other 5* . That doesn't make sense ? Neither does a character giving free AP
    You mean Thor? Who already gives more free AP?
     :* 
     It's not free,  it has a cost of half his health
    So? You hide him behind someone and he never gets touched.
  • dramatist
    dramatist Posts: 223 Tile Toppler
    95% sure I'm not selling, but I'm curious how many tokens I'd get from a 5,3,5 level 310 Gambit. Some high number might get me to reconsider. 
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    I currently have 17 5* champed with 2 others sitting at 12 covers and am debating on weather or not I want to sell my Gambit.  He is level 455 so the big question is will the 5 * I pull let me champion 2-3-4 more or just add champ levels to what I currently have.  In PVP I will most likely have the Meta team already so it will not help that much and I have been able to manage PVE CL9 without Gambit even when I don’t have the 5* essential champed.
    i am leaning towards not selling him as I feel like the chances of progressing my non max covered 5* to champion is still low
  • UNC_Samurai
    UNC_Samurai Posts: 402 Mover and Shaker
    No
    The compensation offered for a nerfed 5* is almost never commensurate with the resources used to build said 5*.  Gambit may be the exception, considering how many people exploited a bug to accumulate said resources.
  • Basepuzzler
    Basepuzzler Posts: 180 Tile Toppler
    No
    I sold OML because he was no longer top tier and I really wanted a shot at bolt covers(pre feeders).  I got none, but still haven’t missed OML at all.

that being said, no way would I sell gambit. He’ll still be a fine 5* and getting 0-1 covers spread over all the other 5’s is a terrible plan.  I’d only consider it if I had Thor or thanos at 12 covers.
  • ZeroKarma
    ZeroKarma Posts: 513 Critical Contributor
    No
    I'm not going to sell him, though I did sell OML in the past. The reason can be summed up to dilution. There are now more 5's to have those covers spread out over. Gaining 2 covers over 15 randomly selected characters will not be more helpful than having a 470 Gambit, even if he becomes mid-tier. 
  • Raud
    Raud Posts: 74 Match Maker
    No
    Who cares still useful *5 Gambit when they kill *3 Gambit some time ago  :p
  • thedarkphoenix
    thedarkphoenix Posts: 557 Critical Contributor
    No
    The way my unchamped 5 covers look I'd get a bunch of older 5's covers that I already have 5 of and end up mad.

Plus gambit doesn't look as bad after the latest revisit. 
  • skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 984 Critical Contributor
    No
    I would have to get one first...  ;)
    Somehow he and Wa5p are the only two 5*s I don't have.
  • moss04
    moss04 Posts: 147 Tile Toppler
    I sold OML because he was no longer top tier and I really wanted a shot at bolt covers(pre feeders).  I got none, but still haven’t missed OML at all.

that being said, no way would I sell gambit. He’ll still be a fine 5* and getting 0-1 covers spread over all the other 5’s is a terrible plan.  I’d only consider it if I had Thor or thanos at 12 covers.
    I have Thor at 11 covers.  Worth it?
  • Sendikelm
    Sendikelm Posts: 51 Match Maker
    No
    I want them all so no.
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yes
    fmftint said:
    Daiches said:
    Even with the upcoming "nerf" he is still OP. I will sell him and collect my other 5* . That doesn't make sense ? Neither does a character giving free AP

So gambits is totally free? It doesn't take up a move slot or anything?
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    No
    Daiches said:
    fmftint said:
    Daiches said:
    Wow. Such a drawback. Must be so hard to work around. Must be why no one plays him on every single team in PVP or PVE.
    It's such a drawback that no one considers leveling him over level 533  for some reason. Not even the biggest whales want to max out this flaming pile it seems.

• moss04
    moss04 Posts: 147 Tile Toppler
    broll said:
    Daiches said:
    fmftint said:
    Daiches said:
    Wow. Such a drawback. Must be so hard to work around. Must be why no one plays him on every single team in PVP or PVE.
    It's such a drawback that no one considers leveling him over level 533  for some reason. Not even the biggest whales want to max out this flaming pile it seems.

Meanwhile, Chris Farley in the background struggling with the broken car door is analogous to the next completely broken character that needs fixing: Okoye
  • kenshohmer2
    kenshohmer2 Posts: 35 Just Dropped In
    Yes
    tiomono said:
    fmftint said:
    Daiches said:

So gambits is totally free? It doesn't take up a move slot or anything?
    Yeah... it’s not like gambit can use (and abuse) the free AP he generated for free , for his 2 active powers
  • grunth13
    grunth13 Posts: 608 Critical Contributor
    No
    Daiches said:
    fmftint said:
    Daiches said:
    You know, I have only seen like 3 or 4 level 533 Thor in the game.  The majority of the superwhales have him at 550.  Maybe its because you play in a certain slice that seems to have most of those 533's.  Maybe if you tried other slices, you would see the 550's.