Are you selling your Gambit?

Comments

• Straycat
    Straycat Posts: 963 Critical Contributor
    Yes
    Can someone who sold him post your results? I'm thinking about it, I have him champed with 1 level so those 14 tokens look enticing.
  • thedarkphoenix
    thedarkphoenix Posts: 557 Critical Contributor
    No
    I knew the Nerf would be bad but this is completely unnaceptable. I will be uninstalling at the end of the week.
    I have no confidence in the development team.
    What's the point, they give with one hand and take with the other.
    It really is a Gambit screw job.
    I don't trust these guys to do the right with marvel characters. So for my own mental health I will be uninstalling
    The end.
    Uhhh gambit is still really good. Especially with Okoye since it looks like the "fixed" or reverted the damage with destroying tiles. he basically hits twice as had now with her.

Try him at 5/3/5

Its just not free or controlled anymore which is taking alot of getting use to, for months I have been playing "knowing" pretty much exactly what my next turn would be almost. Also the npc using powers so frequently because of the removal of the AP destruction is taking alot to get use to.
  • Gold_Dragon
    Gold_Dragon Posts: 101 Tile Toppler
    Waiting until I try him post nerf
    Gambit
    5* Hawkeye
    Carol

theres still some juice left
  • Jarvis_Jackrabbit
    Jarvis_Jackrabbit Posts: 78 Match Maker
    My 5ambit is only at 0/3/1 but I will be keeping him because I would only get one token for selling him.
  • dramatist
    dramatist Posts: 223 Tile Toppler
    My Gambit has 13 covers and is level 310. I’m being offered 28,000 Iso and 4 new tokens to sell. 

That’s extremely rotten. 
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    No
    My 5ambit is only at 0/3/1 but I will be keeping him because I would only get one token for selling him.
    Ehm.. you get 4.
    (but only if you max him out with ISO first)
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    No
    You need to max him out with ISO to get all tokens. So if you spend 500k or so, you get the full 13 tokens.
    dramatist said:
    My Gambit has 13 covers and is level 310. I’m being offered 28,000 Iso and 4 new tokens to sell. 

That’s extremely rotten. 
  • captainheath
    captainheath Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
    So I have a 3 cover Gambit at 255.  If I spend the iso to get him to his max of 300 (89,688 iso), I can trade him for 3 special tokens?
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yes
    I sold my 151. 

Parker green
    Phoenix purple
    Wasp blue, yellow
    Okoye black
    Old man red, black (my first red on him)
    Widow red
    Beardy purple
    Banner black
    Rider green
    Goblin yellow.

Overall I'm satisfied. No new champs from it so me and 5* daredevil will go hand to hand for awhile longer.
  • Jarvis_Jackrabbit
    Jarvis_Jackrabbit Posts: 78 Match Maker
    edited July 2018
    If there is always an amount of ISO offered for selling a character anyway, why not offer tokens for covers sold and ISO for ISO invested/character level?
  • MgoBlue51
    MgoBlue51 Posts: 111 Tile Toppler
    No
    Woof. I’m not saying he became terrible... but he is very slow now. Granted that could be due to perception. I.e. I was spoiled by him in the past and now he is “normal”. Overall though? He’s fine, but not great. 2 matches played, his repeater got destroyed more often than it expired. Still blocks ally powers obviously, and doesn’t gather AP reliably? Probably going to the back of my rotation now. Kinda stinks that he is just another character now, he’s not special in any way whatsoever. 
  • thedarkphoenix
    thedarkphoenix Posts: 557 Critical Contributor
    No
    Its weird to me that so many people are sleeping on this character still. He obviously isn't what he was.... but he's still really good.
  • Kjeldbjerg
    Kjeldbjerg Posts: 117 Tile Toppler
    Still really torn, if I knew I could use the 14 tokens to champ my thor,hawk,jj or thanos, who are all between 7-10 covers, I'd sell him in a heartbeat.
    But if I get nothing but starlord and banners, I'd regret it
  • JohnnyStacks
    JohnnyStacks Posts: 33 Just Dropped In
    Yes
    27 Tokens:

Here's what I had and what I got:
    DD (Champ): Y (1st champ level)
    Black Bolt (4/3/5 @ 435) Y, B, B, able to champ +2 lvls
    Goblin (5/5/1): Y
    Captain America Civil War (5/3/3): B
    Thanos (2/1/5): B, B, P
    OML (4/4/2): B
    Ghost Rider (5/3/2): B
    Hawkeye (3/2/1): R
    Thor (4/4/1): Y
    Beard Cap (3/3/3): P, P, P (have to save one cover)
    Hulk (3/2/4): P
    Silver Surfer (5/1/3): Black, Black, Red
    Spider Man Black Suit (1/1/3): G, G
    Wasp (1/2/1): Blu
    Black Panter (0/1/0): R
    Doctor Strange (4/4/2): P, B
    Iron Man (5/2/2): Y

Overall, I'm happy.  Would've like a JJ cover or two and some more BP, but I'm good with this.  Got a lot of characters closing to champ status and finally get to champ Black Bolt.
  • Huntah86
    Huntah86 Posts: 221 Tile Toppler
    If there is always an amount of ISO offered for selling a character anyway, why not offer tokens for covers sold and ISO for ISO invested/character level?
    I think it's because you still got to use him for a long time and there's value in that. Otherwise all the God mode you got to experience would be completely free if you got everything back 100%
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,700 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2018
    He's pretty much a 5/3/5 purple nuke, now. The red power is useless at the decreased damage, unless you've got specials on the board that make every hit meaningful. His purple power has some defensive utility and hits hard. That's what he's about now.

He's a liability in PvP, now, unless you enjoy paying for health packs.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2018
    No
    I might have to change my vote. The token count is far more generous than I expected. For L 451 I’m being offered 14 covers or a 1:1 trade. The only reason I haven’t sold yet is concerns about the ability to re-roster him for essentials.  I wish I could sell all but 1 cover. I may end up selling but need to think it over more. 
  • LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,414 Chairperson of the Boards
    broll said:
    I might have to change my vote. The token count is far more generous than I expected. For L 451 I’m being offered 14 covers or a 1:1 trade. The only reason I haven’t sold yet is concerns about the ability to re-roster him for essentials.  I wish I could sell all but 1 cover. I may end up selling but need to think it over more. 
    I'm with you.  I'm offered 17 tokens which is a decent number.  He and JJ are my only champed 5*s and might be worth it to slide back into 4* land a bit while building up my 5s again. However, I wish I could keep one for essentials.
  • gravel
    gravel Posts: 585 Critical Contributor
    Yes
    I sold mine.  He was 461, so I got 24 tokens:

Black Widow - 2
    Thanos - 2
    Black Bolt
    Jessica Jones - 3
    New Captain America - 2
    Ghost Rider
    Wasp
    Silver Surfer - 2
    Green Goblin - 3
    Archangel
    Hawkeye
    Strange
    Thor - 2
    OML
    Star Lord

I'm happy with the results.  One surfer cover was the right color, so I could finally champ him, and the Wasp cover was needed.  All other covers were champ levels.  I got an additional 14 pulls from champ rewards and ensuing champ rewards, and went 2/14 (Wasp and Okoye.)  I managed to get extra levels for some of my more used 5s (JJ, Thor, Thanos), finished Surfer, and got an Okoye and two Wasp covers.  I also managed to avoid Banner and Doc Ock.  I've set Gambit as my favorite 5* until I get one cover, but for now, I've played with Gambit more than enough.
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yes
    gravel said:
    I sold mine.  He was 461, so I got 24 tokens:

Black Widow - 2
    Thanos - 2
    Black Bolt
    Jessica Jones - 3
    New Captain America - 2
    Ghost Rider
    Wasp
    Silver Surfer - 2
    Green Goblin - 3
    Archangel
    Hawkeye
    Strange
    Thor - 2
    OML
    Star Lord

I'm happy with the results.  One surfer cover was the right color, so I could finally champ him, and the Wasp cover was needed.  All other covers were champ levels.  I got an additional 14 pulls from champ rewards and ensuing champ rewards, and went 2/14 (Wasp and Okoye.)  I managed to get extra levels for some of my more used 5s (JJ, Thor, Thanos), finished Surfer, and got an Okoye and two Wasp covers.  I also managed to avoid Banner and Doc Ock.  I've set Gambit as my favorite 5* until I get one cover, but for now, I've played with Gambit more than enough.
    You avoided ock because him and gambit were the only 2 characters you had zero chance of pulling.