Wasp (Hope Van Dyne) (6/26/18)

Options

Comments

• Tee
    Tee Posts: 231 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I was hoping the Growth Industry was a new weekly rather than a 4* Campaign but everything else I'm pretty happy with.
  • sirwookieechris
    sirwookieechris Posts: 131 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Sm0keyJ0e said:
    47 pulls and not 1 wasp, only pulled 3 Okoye 

thats a joke 

not happy 👿

On the flipside, you only got one Wasp, so... rejoice?
    You may want to read that again. He didn’t get one.
  • InfectiousYawn
    InfectiousYawn Posts: 72 Match Maker
    Options
    Tee said:
    I was hoping the Growth Industry was a new weekly rather than a 4* Campaign but everything else I'm pretty happy with.
    I was hoping it would be adapted to a regular pve event as well to celebrate the upcoming movie.  It still can be, though!  Please, devs?
  • Cactus_Jack_87
    Cactus_Jack_87 Posts: 210 Tile Toppler
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Thankfully, my first pull in her store was a Wasp, which is likely the only cover that I'll have for her until a feeder is announced. By everything that I've heard and seen, she is absolutely trash tier, and isn't worth chasing for any reason in my opinion. Even boosted for her PvE, her damage output at 550 are unbelievably low. Hopefully she'll get fixed one day (maybe after Banner and Ock, her two companions in the lowest tier).
  • Sm0keyJ0e
    Sm0keyJ0e Posts: 730 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Sm0keyJ0e said:
    47 pulls and not 1 wasp, only pulled 3 Okoye 

thats a joke 

not happy 👿

On the flipside, you only got one Wasp, so... rejoice?
    You may want to read that again. He didn’t get one.

Even better! 
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Its been that long since they dusted off the button for double ISO the system is probably faulty. 
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    Win some, lose some PvP is supposed to be double iso right? When I win a match I'm only getting 70 iso, shouldn't that be doubled?
    Because of the way mission rewards are set up in Versus Tournaments, only Progression and Placement Iso-8 rewards are able to be doubled.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Brigby said:
    Win some, lose some PvP is supposed to be double iso right? When I win a match I'm only getting 70 iso, shouldn't that be doubled?
    Because of the way mission rewards are set up in Versus Tournaments, only Progression and Placement Iso-8 rewards are able to be doubled.
    We DID have PVPs with double ISO after fights in the past.
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Bowgentle said:
    Brigby said:
    This is true.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Bowgentle said:
    Brigby said:
    Let's just call it a oversight,  normally in double iso PvP the skip tax is also halved
  • turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Not getting wasp isn’t as bad as first thought from what people are saying, guess I’ll have to play level 7 when she comes around as a required character 

• The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yep. Was coming here to post about the +30 not +60
    iso and the after match iso but see that was posted now. 
  • elko90
    elko90 Posts: 68 Match Maker
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Not getting wasp isn’t as bad as first thought from what people are saying, guess I’ll have to play level 7 when she comes around as a required character 

Just tested her and i am going to right ahead and say it she is worse than doc ock.. i spent 12 blue 10 black to deal 9k of damage..this on level 450 btw 
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Bowgentle said:
    Brigby said:
    But we didn't have the dual Win/Points PVPs in the past. No way for us to know what changed in that regard deeper in the code (that could make things different for missions this time around)
  • RickOShay
    RickOShay Posts: 452 Mover and Shaker
    edited June 2018
    Options
    elko90 said:

Just tested her and i am going to right ahead and say it she is worse than doc ock.. i spent 12 blue 10 black to deal 9k of damage..this on level 450 btw 

Can you confirm that you did Not generate AP when Call the Swarm was played?
    I know that the Dev's have presumably confirmed that it does not generate AP (it Should!), but I have to believe that it does. 
    Every other ability in the game that destroys tiles without generating AP specifically states "and does not generate AP" in the description.  Wasp's ability is worded similar to God Thor green, Vulture blue, Squirrel Girl green etc, where AP is generated from tile destruction. 
    ---
    EDIT: I have now heard from very reliable sources that AP generation does NOT take place. 
    The only potential positive has now proven to be poorly designed, and I'm always hopelessly optimistic..

• Thanos
    Thanos Posts: 722 Critical Contributor
    Options
    RickOShay said:
    elko90 said:

I know that the Dev's have presumably confirmed that it does not generate AP (it Should!), but I have to believe that it does. 
    Every other ability in the game that destroys tiles without generating AP specifically states "and does not generate AP" in the description.  Wasp's ability is worded similar to God Thor green, Vulture blue, Squirrel Girl green etc, where AP is generated from tile destruction. 
    @elko90

Demiurge isn't known for their continuity skills. Also I'd gladly trade the quintuple Riso for double match win iso.
  • elko90
    elko90 Posts: 68 Match Maker
    edited June 2018
    Options
    RickOShay said:
    elko90 said:

---
    EDIT: I have now heard from very reliable sources that AP generation does NOT take place. 
    The only potential positive has now proven to be poorly designed, and I'm always hopelessly optimistic..

It does not generate anything and i just managed to pull it of with 6 swarm tiles on the board the damage it did was 11k... in the proccess Firstly i used 18 blue ap then 10 yellow and then 12 more yellow all that ap for 11k damage.. I don't understand the developers team on this game because quite frankly this is a load of ****. I want to also add that the swarm tiles can be destroyed by a match four or matched( they themselves can not be moved but can be matched ) 
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,154 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Unless they're releasing a 5* Ant-Man next that, when paired with her, makes all of her abilities shine while also generating AP for them, she seems extremely underwhelming on paper. This feels like Doc Ock tier.