Options

Comments

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,941 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Brigby said:
    wymtime said:
    Brigby
    for Pain index it says steal health.  Does this mean she just does damage to the enemy and take their health or does she tame the health from the enemy and give it to herself ala healing effect?
    As a follow up to that, if you hit an enemy with 1 HP left, how much health (burst?) does Wasp get? Just the 1, or the whole listed amount?
    She deals damage to the enemy, and then gives herself burst healing based on the amount of damage she dealt.

I tried this out in a test environment against an enemy with 2000 health remaining. It downed the enemy, and gave her a burst heal of 2000 health.
    Thanks for that test.

So it's a kind of Vampirism power where she drains and gives to herself. Weird that Wasp is the first to get a power like this. I would have thought this kind of thing belonged on someone like Rogue.

It definitely makes her Black a whole lot better. Clearly 5/3/5 now with Yellow only used after the Swarm power is active.

KGB
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    KGB said:
    Thanks for that test.

So it's a kind of Vampirism power where she drains and gives to herself. Weird that Wasp is the first to get a power like this. I would have thought this kind of thing belonged on someone like Rogue.

It definitely makes her Black a whole lot better. Clearly 5/3/5 now with Yellow only used after the Swarm power is active.

KGB
    I mean... a whole lot better than just a burst heal, sure. But it's still only a burst heal, and can't heal for more health than the target has. Granted that last part might not matter too much, since if they have that low health you could probably just save the AP and down them some other way.
  • STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    Options
    You guys keep saying these characters are related to Pride and I don't get it.......how is Wasp related? Mystique? Deadpool? 

I know I'm not a comics buff, but I've seen enough of some of these characters where I feel like I should be able to get the reference. 
    Unsure of the MCU Wasp. It's possible there's something in the new movie or it's a situation like MCU Valkyrie where the actress says the character is something other than hetero in interviews, but it's never reflected in the movie whatsoever.

Mystique is very flexible sexually though. She's been in relationships with women and has even had the services of a lady of the night while disguised as a guy.

Deadpool is a bit of rough one. People have been trying to claim him as bisexual or pansexual but according to the co-creator of Deadpool his brain cells are constantly changing so he's technically any and every sexual orientation depending on the time. Which can put him under the LBGTQ umbrella, but not in a permanent way.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Will she steal empty ap? I seems to remember that some abilities will steal from colour with 0 ap due to randomness, even though there are ap in other colours. Or has it been fixed for all?
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,490 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Will she steal empty ap? I seems to remember that some abilities will steal from colour with 0 ap due to randomness, even though there are ap in other colours. Or has it been fixed for all?
    I know Star Lord will steal from a random non-zero AP color, presumably Wasp will do the same.  It may or may not be 4, though - the criteria is that it can't be zero.
  • evade420
    evade420 Posts: 440 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I wonder if her steal health ability stacks with strike tiles ?
  • himatako
    himatako Posts: 269 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    evade420 said:
    I wonder if her steal health ability stacks with strike tiles ?
    To quote the marvel.com article,
    "Characters with Strike tiles will increase the amount of damage she deals and receives with Pain index." 

So I think the final damage after applying all the bonuses and penalties from special gems and passive powers is the one that will be used for health drain. 

• HoundofShadow
    Options
    Yes it stacks
  • himatako
    himatako Posts: 269 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    One thing I'm wondering is, are Swarm Tiles locked by default? Or to put it simpler, is a Swarm Tile just another type of Locked Tile?

I remember that this is the same wording they use with Bagman's Locked Web Tiles. Looking at the screenshot from marvel.com, all Swarm Tiles look the same and none of them has a locked tile graphic over it. 

If this is the case, her powers are similar to Invisible Woman's powers before the rework, but kinda worse?

- IW's old green destroying all tiles around it, collecting AP and deal damage. Wasp just destroy 3 tiles and not collecting any AP

- IW force bubbles can nullify special gems, but there is nothing in Wasp's power that says her Swarm Tiles target special tiles.

Considering all these, Wasp seems lackluster. Health drain + AP steal seems to be what's great about her, but I have a feeling that her Swarm Tile gimmick is situational and won't be your main focus when using her.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,309 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2018
    Options
    She is now in the game for anyone who hasn’t noticed.   Shrink Tactics is 10AP.

Also, all Swarm tiles are placed with a Locked status.
  • whitecat31
    whitecat31 Posts: 579 Critical Contributor
    Options
    scottee said:
    The key to her usefulness is actually going to be her AP steal. It's not as good as OBW, but 6 Blue to steal 4 random AP is still a net of +2 AP. (-6+4+4)

Her blue steal into swarm board shake potentially net huge AP gains, but it'll probably depend who she's paired with.

Overall, the kit doesn't sound great, but could be one of those ones that we don't see the efficiency of the synergy on paper and will have to see her in action.

6 blue to steal 4 random AP is a loss of -2.  It also assumes the Dev team actually has it steal 4 random AP as opposed to their usual laziness of steal from one color up to the amount of 4.

• whitecat31
    whitecat31 Posts: 579 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Hmm. In the Wasp preview article on Marvel.com, it says her Shrink Tactics is 8 AP. On this thread, it's listed as 10 AP. Which is it?

It was most likely 8 AP and they already prenerfed her.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,941 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Why does Growth Industries have to reward the same Yellow Wasp cover that the Ultron event is giving out as part of the progression?

Way back when Vaulting first came in my Wasp ended up at 5/1/1 when she was one of the first to leave 'latest'. Years later she's still only up to 5/4/2 and I've easily tossed 7+ Yellow covers (tokens, 3* champ reward, Daily Resupply)  :'(

I know I'll be able to save both these Yellow covers in my bank (thank god for that) but I've been waiting for years now to cover her and I'm still not going to get there. Would it have killed the game to put a different (or random) cover in Growth Industries?

KGB
  • HoundofShadow
    Options
    Why not invest 120cp in her ability and then let H4H kicks in?
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,490 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Why not invest 120cp in her ability and then let H4H kicks in?
    Perhaps because spending 120 cp on just about any 4* cover is a terrible idea?

Depends on how many covers are going to waste.  I did it once, myself, to save like 5 R&G covers.  Now that the saved covers feature is implemented, I probably wouldn't do that.

I'd probably blow HP on a H4H store, though - CP is for 5*s, but I make more HP than I ever spend on shields, so it's a lot more of discretionary resource.

• turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    Options
    47 pulls and not 1 wasp, only pulled 3 Okoye 

thats a joke 

not happy 👿
  • Sm0keyJ0e
    Sm0keyJ0e Posts: 730 Critical Contributor
    Options
    47 pulls and not 1 wasp, only pulled 3 Okoye 

thats a joke 

not happy 👿

On the flipside, you only got one Wasp, so... rejoice?