Random MPQ Thoughts

1343536373840»

Comments

• sambrookjmsambrookjm Posts: 1,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    Just noticed in today's Behemoth Burrito that Lockjaw's power for Karnak is "Cull the Weak, and yet the Karnak character that is in the game doesn't have that power...
  • DormammuDormammu Posts: 3,521 Chairperson of the Boards
    Today in the Simulator I fought a team consisting of a red T-rex, a duck wearing a bad suit, and a pig dressed as Spider-Man. After that I went back and cleared easy nodes and battled three members of the Fantastic Four all wearing bags on their heads.

Halloween must have come a month early. Or possibly either I, or one of the developers, is on drugs.
  • AXP_ismeAXP_isme Posts: 740 Critical Contributor
    Howard's trousers may be a little long but I've seen plenty of worse suits than that in my time. 
    Dormammu said:
    Today in the Simulator I fought a team consisting of a red T-rex, a duck wearing a bad suit, and a pig dressed as Spider-Man. After that I went back and cleared easy nodes and battled three members of the Fantastic Four all wearing bags on their heads.

Halloween must have come a month early. Or possibly either I, or one of the developers, is on drugs.
    And presumably, you fought at least one of those teams with a girl dressed up like a Squirrel?

I was thinking early April Fool for the triple Bagman node myself...
  • krakenoonkrakenoon Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
    I was thinking early April Fool for the triple Bagman node myself...
    Funny, I was thinking of end credits for Into the Spider-verse.
  • DAZ0273DAZ0273 Posts: 4,528 Chairperson of the Boards
    Triple Bagman was fun. Hey - Simulator is all about the training for ANY circumstance, they gotta cover all the angles! 
  • PtahhotepPtahhotep Posts: 166 Tile Toppler
    Is triple Bagman the worst team ever fielded in MPQ?
  • AXP_ismeAXP_isme Posts: 740 Critical Contributor
    Triple anything with three active abilities, and expensive ones at that, and no passives is going to be a bad team. On the other hand bagman is not that squishy. I'm clutching at straws here though really.

It's a bad team, yes, but it was fun. I say enjoy it. I know I did. 
  • ZootSaxZootSax Posts: 1,809 Chairperson of the Boards
    Having triple characters raises all kinds of questions, though.  For example, with a triple Ares team, would his yellow countdown be a team true heal or would it only heal the one who fired Sunder?  Would Gwenpool's black send any character airborne on a triple Gwenpool team?  On a triple Maria Hill team, would all three take 90% damage if the black's countdown resolved?  So many questions...and they all likely depending on programming nuances...
  • MoosePrimeMoosePrime Posts: 363 Mover and Shaker
    ZootSax said:
    Having triple characters raises all kinds of questions, though.  For example, with a triple Ares team, would his yellow countdown be a team true heal or would it only heal the one who fired Sunder?  Would Gwenpool's black send any character airborne on a triple Gwenpool team?  On a triple Maria Hill team, would all three take 90% damage if the black's countdown resolved?  So many questions...and they all likely depending on programming nuances...
    Why would these be problems?  Goon countdowns clearly work correctly when there are multiple goons with the same name.
    Goons have names?
    Dormammu said:
    Goons have names?
    Well, the head of the Maggia is named Don...
    Maggia Don: "Hey Joe, our slice is about to start. You ready?"

Maggia Joe: "Hang on, I'm trying to find my pistol. Have you guys seen it?"

Maggia Steve: "Ha! Fat lot of good that will do against Juggernaut."

Maggia Don: "I just hope we don't see that dang racoon and that little tree of his..."
  • DAZ0273DAZ0273 Posts: 4,528 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dormammu said:

Maggia Don: "I just hope we don't see that dang racoon and that little tree of his..."

No, no, no - Maggia Muscle is clearly a Vinny.
    DAZ0273 said:
    Dormammu said:

No, no, no - Maggia Muscle is clearly a Vinny.
    I just had images of Joe Pesci voicing Groot.

Vinny - "I am Yoot."
    Maggia Don - "Did you just say 'yoot'?"
    Viiny - "I am Yoot!"
    Maggia Don - What's a 'yoot'?

• ZootSaxZootSax Posts: 1,809 Chairperson of the Boards
    ZootSax said:
    Why would these be problems?  Goon countdowns clearly work correctly when there are multiple goons with the same name.
    I couldn't think of any goons whose powers target themselves by name, which the powers I cited all did....but I'll be the first to admit this may be a total non-issue. 
    So my six Daily Shard Offers this cycle:

3-stars:  Spider-Man and Punisher
    4-stars: Namor, Nightcrawler, and Cyclops
    5-star: Gambit

Their common thread?  I have no shards for any of them.  I'm pretty sure that's the first time this has happened.

(And for you Cliff Clavin fans out there who thought "None of them have been in your kitchen?"  One of them has actually been in my kitchen...well, my son was Spider-Man for Halloween one year, which I'm going to count. :)
  • TPF AlexisTPF Alexis Posts: 3,803 Chairperson of the Boards
    ZootSax said:

This could actually be test-able. Just have to wait until that Big Enchilada node with two of Ragnarok comes up again. Take in a low level team, damage both of them, and then let them collect blue.
  • PtahhotepPtahhotep Posts: 166 Tile Toppler
    ZootSax said:
    I couldn't think of any goons whose powers target themselves by name, which the powers I cited all did....but I'll be the first to admit this may be a total non-issue. 
    ISO goons who self detonate when their health drops below a certain level do so by placing a black countdown. I think they are an example whose effect only affects the goon who placed the tile not others of the same type.
  • helix72helix72 Posts: 560 Critical Contributor
    Both my 4* Venoms are now the same level. There they sit. Right. Next. To. Each. Other.