Random MPQ Thoughts

Comments

• AXP_isme
    AXP_isme Posts: 809 Critical Contributor
    Triple anything with three active abilities, and expensive ones at that, and no passives is going to be a bad team. On the other hand bagman is not that squishy. I'm clutching at straws here though really.

It's a bad team, yes, but it was fun. I say enjoy it. I know I did. 
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Having triple characters raises all kinds of questions, though.  For example, with a triple Ares team, would his yellow countdown be a team true heal or would it only heal the one who fired Sunder?  Would Gwenpool's black send any character airborne on a triple Gwenpool team?  On a triple Maria Hill team, would all three take 90% damage if the black's countdown resolved?  So many questions...and they all likely depending on programming nuances...
  • MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 946 Critical Contributor
    ZootSax said:
    Having triple characters raises all kinds of questions, though.  For example, with a triple Ares team, would his yellow countdown be a team true heal or would it only heal the one who fired Sunder?  Would Gwenpool's black send any character airborne on a triple Gwenpool team?  On a triple Maria Hill team, would all three take 90% damage if the black's countdown resolved?  So many questions...and they all likely depending on programming nuances...
    Why would these be problems?  Goon countdowns clearly work correctly when there are multiple goons with the same name.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Goons have names?
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,105 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dormammu said:
    Goons have names?
    Well, the head of the Maggia is named Don...
  • Dormammu
    Maggia Don: "Hey Joe, our slice is about to start. You ready?"

Maggia Joe: "Hang on, I'm trying to find my pistol. Have you guys seen it?"

Maggia Steve: "Ha! Fat lot of good that will do against Juggernaut."

Maggia Don: "I just hope we don't see that dang racoon and that little tree of his..."
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,569 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dormammu said:

Maggia Don: "I just hope we don't see that dang racoon and that little tree of his..."

No, no, no - Maggia Muscle is clearly a Vinny.
  • sambrookjm
    DAZ0273 said:
    Dormammu said:

No, no, no - Maggia Muscle is clearly a Vinny.
    I just had images of Joe Pesci voicing Groot.

Vinny - "I am Yoot."
    Maggia Don - "Did you just say 'yoot'?"
    Viiny - "I am Yoot!"
    Maggia Don - What's a 'yoot'?

• ZootSax
    ZootSax said:
    Why would these be problems?  Goon countdowns clearly work correctly when there are multiple goons with the same name.
    I couldn't think of any goons whose powers target themselves by name, which the powers I cited all did....but I'll be the first to admit this may be a total non-issue. 
  • sambrookjm
    So my six Daily Shard Offers this cycle:

3-stars:  Spider-Man and Punisher
    4-stars: Namor, Nightcrawler, and Cyclops
    5-star: Gambit

Their common thread?  I have no shards for any of them.  I'm pretty sure that's the first time this has happened.

(And for you Cliff Clavin fans out there who thought "None of them have been in your kitchen?"  One of them has actually been in my kitchen...well, my son was Spider-Man for Halloween one year, which I'm going to count. :)
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    ZootSax said:

This could actually be test-able. Just have to wait until that Big Enchilada node with two of Ragnarok comes up again. Take in a low level team, damage both of them, and then let them collect blue.
  • Ptahhotep
    Ptahhotep Posts: 414 Mover and Shaker
    ZootSax said:
    I couldn't think of any goons whose powers target themselves by name, which the powers I cited all did....but I'll be the first to admit this may be a total non-issue. 
    ISO goons who self detonate when their health drops below a certain level do so by placing a black countdown. I think they are an example whose effect only affects the goon who placed the tile not others of the same type.
  • helix72
    helix72 Posts: 991 Critical Contributor
    Both my 4* Venoms are now the same level. There they sit. Right. Next. To. Each. Other.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Y'know what Honour Among Thieves needs? A fourth sub. Wait, wait, put the torches and pitchforks down and hear me out. The new sub would be added between the current second and third ones. It would be about StarLord and R&G going to find Gamora, and would feature no Mindless Ones or Symbiotes whatsoever. Just...I don't even care. Something else.
  • ZootSax
    Y'know what Honour Among Thieves needs? A fourth sub. Wait, wait, put the torches and pitchforks down and hear me out. The new sub would be added between the current second and third ones. It would be about StarLord and R&G going to find Gamora, and would feature no Mindless Ones or Symbiotes whatsoever. Just...I don't even care. Something else.
    On one hand, I like the idea, however you've been playing this game FAR too long not to know beyond the shadow of a doubt that the only place Gamora could possibly be is hanging out with the Dark Avengers for...reasons.
  • Dormammu
    ...and would feature no Mindless Ones or Symbiotes whatsoever. Just...I don't even care. Something else.
    After they introduced those A.I.M. goons, I started appreciating Mindless Ones and Symbiotes more. In fact, no matter what kind of awful, annoying, dreadfully slow opponents I am facing I can always get myself to look on the bright side by saying "At least they're not AIM goons." (Uh... unless I'm fighting AIM goons.)
  • qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,160 Chairperson of the Boards
    I just played the Archangel node for the sixth time and the stupid MO manages to place an attack tile where I can't reach it and it deals up to 20000 damage each turn. I use Okoye and 5trange but on such a slow board they will not last long. My champed Angel hit the last MO with his blue and I could match damage him to death. Angel had less than 10% health left. That was sweaty I can tell you.
  • MadScientist
    MadScientist Posts: 317 Mover and Shaker
    Those fights against the MOs are quite stupid. If you can remove their attack tiles in the first three rounds or so it's an easy win. Otherwise it can become very ugly even when you contain all their countdowns.
  • Mr_F
    Mr_F Posts: 676 Critical Contributor
    Random info time! Domino's Black Power does not work if black does not have her icon. Its weird as IT SHOULD. Her power does not says that it must be her icon. it just sas she has to be in fight - which, for me, doe not equal the above.