Random MPQ Thoughts

Comments

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    I use Domino frequently, especially with Maria Hill, who tanks black. It's working well. Maybe you can share how you arrived at your conclusion? Also, what kind of expectation do you have from Domino's passive, or how do you expect her passive to work?
  • Mr_F
    Mr_F Posts: 678 Critical Contributor
    I used her last week in PVP and PVE. Mostly with Juggernaut, who tanks black thanks to his passive. My Juggs is lv 273 and she is in 270. Never saw black floating until Juggs was downed and she starts tanking. I replaced him with Super Skrull today, who is boosted and in PVE black started to flood me. In PVP when Ghost Rider tanks still see a lot less.
    Basically: until she tanks black, black is not floating. I use 3/5/5 build.
  • helix72
    helix72 Posts: 991 Critical Contributor
    Wouldn’t it be neat if they had a feature in the forum that told us what events were coming up in the near future and what characters were going to be featured?

My other idea: integrate an in-app poker room where we can gamble with CP!
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    I used Maria Hill, who's tanking black, with Domino and Agent Coulson. Her ability is working, as in, there are more occurrences of black tiles falling. Are you expecting free black matches to occur more frequently because her ability increases black tiles dropping by 100%?  If so, that's not how her ability is going to work. 
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah I've used Domino with Okoye plenty of times and despite Okoye tanking, the black tiles were still raining down.
  • Mr_F
    Mr_F Posts: 678 Critical Contributor
    On the left - what I usually got at MAX when Domino is NOT tanking and on right AVERAGE when she is tanking. Look the Ap too - I wasnt chasing black in both cases: I got few black casades when she was tanking. When she tanks I even get match5 out of nowhere droping for free almost every fight. When she is not, I get one every few fights.
    I DO see difference.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    With the picture they use for Yelena in the dialogue parts of Spider Silk, I kept thinking "Moar like Yell-ena amirite?"
  • BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,159 Chairperson of the Boards
    Magneto (AoA)? More like Magneto (DoA).
  • TPF Alexis

I think he's Mag-neato! :smiley:
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,105 Chairperson of the Boards

For some unknown reason, I've had "Bust A Move" by Young MC going through my head today.

Your "Mag-neato" comment does nothing to help that, as it can fit right into one of the lines of the song.
  • AXP_isme
    AXP_isme Posts: 809 Critical Contributor
    Good song though. It could be worse, much, much worse. 
  • TPF Alexis

In all honesty, I am severely underwhelmed by him, but I couldn't resist using that pun.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,105 Chairperson of the Boards
    helix72 said:
    Set to the music of "Bust A Move" by Young MC:

"Don't Bust Your Hoard"
    [SNIP]
    To paraphrase a very recent 4-star addition to the game:
    Tinykitty, we're old!
     :p 
  • AXP_isme
    AXP_isme Posts: 809 Critical Contributor
    I was watching Baby Driver last night (good film if you're looking for something to do in your non-MPQ time). The soundtrack is excellent but it does make me feel real old when I'm already very familiar with all the 'classic' songs on it. Sitting here listening to a bit of Zappa isn't helping that general impression either. 
  • Michael1957
    Michael1957 Posts: 630 Critical Contributor
    I find it gruesome to watch the animation of a one ton green monster punching a weak old cripple in a wheelchair. 
  • skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    OJSP said:
    The first CL10 bracket for the Reality Season has 4999 players. I wouldn’t want to be that late joiner who was hoping to join a new bracket.. Add: and now it's 5000 again..
    Actually the 1st CL10 bracket flipped 18 days ago (Day 2 of the season). the 2nd bracket is currently at 4428. I just checked, as I am in it.
    May have been a glitch on your screen or maybe you were looking at the SIMULATOR bracket?
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,576 Chairperson of the Boards
    Just noticed that the artwork for DDQ has been updated! Not sure where that happened, I might just be really unaware and it has been there ages? Anyway, nice touch!
  • MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 946 Critical Contributor
    DAZ0273 said:
    Just noticed that the artwork for DDQ has been updated! Not sure where that happened, I might just be really unaware and it has been there ages? Anyway, nice touch!
    I noticed that, too.  Samurai Daken is there (in the lower right corner), so it's not very old.
  • Pantera236
    Pantera236 Posts: 374 Mover and Shaker
    We noticed it 3 days ago, could've been before that though 🤷‍♂️