Random MPQ Thoughts

Comments

• qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,160 Chairperson of the Boards
    That node is so dumb it defies all decency.
  • qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,160 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hilarious  :D
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    It feels kinda weird running Apoc against Galactus. Sort of like one of the movies where Godzilla fights off some other monster or something.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,237 Chairperson of the Boards
    It feels kinda weird running Apoc against Galactus. Sort of like one of the movies where Godzilla fights off some other monster or something.
    That was basically ALL the Godzilla movies besides the first one, and a few more later on. 

A Godzilla movie where he’s the only kaiju is pretty rare. Usually there are several. 
    That said, I could see Apocalypse fighting off Galactus. If there’s no Earth, he can’t rule it. 
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,105 Chairperson of the Boards
    Same with Thanos. Whoever wins, we lose.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'd like to quote She-Hulk from the original Secret Wars limited series, talking about Galactus:
    "Just give me the word, Cap, and I'll go beat the tinykitty out of his ankle."
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    bluewolf said:
    That was basically ALL the Godzilla movies besides the first one, and a few more later on. 

A Godzilla movie where he’s the only kaiju is pretty rare. Usually there are several. 
    That said, I could see Apocalypse fighting off Galactus. If there’s no Earth, he can’t rule it. 

Yeah, I've only seen the first one, and then the various terrible US-made ones, so I didn't really know how many of the others were like that.
  • Loosie
    Loosie Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    DeNappa said:
    qandols said:
    I wonder how many times I have loaded +2 AP boost times 3 for e.g. a 5e fight and then in DDQ I am too fast to start ALL the fights without clearing them. D'oh!
    Sounds familiar.

Tap tap tap -- oh sh.. the boosts were still there, better unequip them next match!
    *next*
    Tap tap tap -- ghaah the boosts were still there, pay attention next time
    *next*
    Tap tap tap --- ffffuuuuuuu!!!!
    Sooooo many times 
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    So, with Polaris & Scarlet Witch both being Magneto's daughters and both having that weird headpiece around their faces, was giving his daughters one of those in a different color Magneto's trademark quinceañera present or what?
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    ZootSax said:
    So, with Polaris & Scarlet Witch both being Magneto's daughters and both having that weird headpiece around their faces, was giving his daughters one of those in a different color Magneto's trademark quinceañera present or what?
    Seeing as how Magneto is famously Jewish, I'd say it's more likely a Bat Mitzvah thing than a quinceañera thing...
  • DataPixel77
    DataPixel77 Posts: 4 Just Dropped In
    This happened to me a while back, but I can still remember the thoughts I had about it. I was playing through the Meet Rocket and Groot event, and I had finished the node where Doctor Doom goes, “For all your enthusiastic destruction, you are too late.” 

I had finished the enemy team off with the max points for Deadpool’s Whales! Whales! Whales!, so I got the image in my head of Doctor Doom just scolding a bunch of whales for destroying his laboratory. Quite the silly thought.
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    When I used to play with animations on and used Apocalypse Red, I would just imagine him going up to each person and bonking them on the head.

Gave me quite a giggle.
  • sambrookjm
    Just noticed in today's Behemoth Burrito that Lockjaw's power for Karnak is "Cull the Weak, and yet the Karnak character that is in the game doesn't have that power...
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Today in the Simulator I fought a team consisting of a red T-rex, a duck wearing a bad suit, and a pig dressed as Spider-Man. After that I went back and cleared easy nodes and battled three members of the Fantastic Four all wearing bags on their heads.

Halloween must have come a month early. Or possibly either I, or one of the developers, is on drugs.
  • AXP_isme
    AXP_isme Posts: 809 Critical Contributor
    Howard's trousers may be a little long but I've seen plenty of worse suits than that in my time. 
  • sambrookjm
    Dormammu said:
    Today in the Simulator I fought a team consisting of a red T-rex, a duck wearing a bad suit, and a pig dressed as Spider-Man. After that I went back and cleared easy nodes and battled three members of the Fantastic Four all wearing bags on their heads.

Halloween must have come a month early. Or possibly either I, or one of the developers, is on drugs.
    And presumably, you fought at least one of those teams with a girl dressed up like a Squirrel?

I was thinking early April Fool for the triple Bagman node myself...
  • krakenoon
    krakenoon Posts: 355 Mover and Shaker
    I was thinking early April Fool for the triple Bagman node myself...
    Funny, I was thinking of end credits for Into the Spider-verse.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,570 Chairperson of the Boards
    Triple Bagman was fun. Hey - Simulator is all about the training for ANY circumstance, they gotta cover all the angles! 
  • Ptahhotep
    Ptahhotep Posts: 414 Mover and Shaker
    Is triple Bagman the worst team ever fielded in MPQ?