Random MPQ Thoughts

Options

Comments

• PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,724 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    OJSP said:
    Today I found out that I’ve leveled up a Support at least 5000 times..
    I'm almost there... that Master token awaits me!
  • Sithforever
    Sithforever Posts: 144 Tile Toppler
    edited December 2020
    Options
    Kinda funny you can shard target Magneto before Scorpion. I know it's because the next 4 is coming soon...Throg who will feed Beta Ray Bill (most likely). 5 feeders will be rolled out with 4s going forward so no one gets too many goodies is fair but was hoping for Feeder Rain. 
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    PiMacleod said:
    OJSP said:
    Today I found out that I’ve leveled up a Support at least 5000 times..
    I'm almost there... that Master token awaits me!

Mine was, of course, a dupe of one of my few 4* Supports :(
    In other news, I completely forgot about Scorpion, and spent way too long trying to figure out why the first event for Adam Warlock only awarded shards before I realized he's a 5*.
  • BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,161 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I kinda wish they would bring back the "sole 5* in their debut release store". They did that for several 5* (around the time of Black Bolt or Black Widow, until Peter Parker or Daredevil iirc), before switching it to the current "three 5* in a debut store". That would offer a feasible way to complete one particular 5*, without worrying about getting another 5* you didn't want.
  • BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 1,010 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I kinda wish they would bring back the "sole 5* in their debut release store". They did that for several 5* (around the time of Black Bolt or Black Widow, until Peter Parker or Daredevil iirc), before switching it to the current "three 5* in a debut store". That would offer a feasible way to complete one particular 5*, without worrying about getting another 5* you didn't want.
    I'm sure they changed it because it made it too easy for us. I was able to get 13 covers for thanos in his store when he debuted and barely put a dent in my hoard. 
  • BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,161 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm sure they changed it because it made it too easy for us. I was able to get 13 covers for thanos in his store when he debuted and barely put a dent in my hoard. 
    My thoughts exactly. In such a store, it would take an average of 3250CP to get 13 covers. Compared to 6500CP with the 3-in-1 model.
  • PiMacleod
    Options
    If Cap(IW) resurrects Phoenix, does she come back to life with her pre-death kit, or her post-death kit?

This is pure curiosity, mind you.
  • MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 950 Critical Contributor
    Options
    OJSP said:
    PiMacleod said:
    If Cap(IW) resurrects Phoenix, does she come back to life with her pre-death kit, or her post-death kit?
    Your question made me curious. So, I tested it. The answer depends on whether her CD had a chance to resolve or not.

If Phoenix dies and the CD tile is still out, she retains her passive green power when she is resurrected by Cap. When the CD resolves, her green power changes to active, but she doesn’t gain any health (even though she should revive with 55%) and the burst heal (40 % of health or whatever value we get depending on how Cap is setup) doesn’t get replaced by true heal.

If she died after she resurrected herself and Cap resurrected her again, her green power stayed as the active power.
    If she dies and the countdown is destroyed then is revived by Cap, will she have the passive green (and be able to resurrect via countdown again)?
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    OJSP said:
    If she dies and the countdown is destroyed then is revived by Cap, will she have the passive green (and be able to resurrect via countdown again)?
    Good question. It is harder to test for this, because we need the right board. I will try to find out.

So, I managed to get her downed with the red tiles filled with enemy special tiles, so she couldn't make the CD. Cap resurrected her and the green power stayed as the passive. After she was downed again, she made her CD. I lost on the following turn, so I don't know what would happen next. I presume she would resurrect as usual.
    Now that's dedication! 
  • PiMacleod
    Options
    Thanks for the research!  Very cool to see.
  • MadScientist
    MadScientist Posts: 317 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I have 23M Iso but I cannot reach the 5M Iso milestone because I have nothing to spend it on. Hm.
  • helix72
    helix72 Posts: 991 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I have 23M Iso but I cannot reach the 5M Iso milestone because I have nothing to spend it on. Hm.

You need to do more farming. If you’re farming 2*, start farming 3*. If you’re farming 3*, start farming 4*. If you’re farming 4*...start duping your sprouts?

I guess I’m lucky that I have only champed 11 5*s thus far, so this quest will come for me in due time.
  • sambrookjm
    Options
    OJSP said:
    Today, I used all 3 Deadpools in DDQ. Behemoth Burrito required 4* Deadpool, I used the 3* for Dat Required Character to get the whale points, and I used the 5* for the Big Enchilada to get the Taco: Spicy token.

I think that’s the only time we could do it?
    Crash of the Titans could also require 4-star Deadpool.  Likewise, Deadpool could be the required 3-star for the Burrito.  But it's pretty uncommon to be able to do that.
  • sambrookjm
    Options
    OJSP said:
    sambrookjm said:
    Crash of the Titans could also require 4-star Deadpool.  Likewise, Deadpool could be the required 3-star for the Burrito.  But it's pretty uncommon to be able to do that.
    Good point about when Crash of the Titans require him. However, when 3* Deadpool is required for the Burrito, we can only choose between the 4* or the 5* for the Big Enchilada, because they’re locked out of the Dat Required Character.
    If we can have a Triple Bagman node in the Simulator, how about a triple Deadpool node as well?  One 3-star, one 4-star, and one 5-star!
  • Michael1957
    Michael1957 Posts: 630 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Would a store ONLY for classic 5*s be in demand ? They could make it 150 CP a pull or something around that. 
  • MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 950 Critical Contributor
    Options
    OJSP said:
    If we can have a Triple Bagman node in the Simulator, how about a triple Deadpool node as well?  One 3-star, one 4-star, and one 5-star!
    We had a 3* Deadpool, 4* Deadpool and, I think, Bag-Man in a Gauntlet node before. So, I don't see why not?
    I recall a triple 3* Deadpool node, too.
  • AXP_isme
    AXP_isme Posts: 809 Critical Contributor
    Options
    OJSP said:
    We had a 3* Deadpool, 4* Deadpool and, I think, Bag-Man in a Gauntlet node before. So, I don't see why not?
    I recall a triple 3* Deadpool node, too.
    I seem to remember that being really annoying. You had to keep switching to the Deadpool with most health on every turn so that one of the other two wasn't jumping in front. I assume it was intended as a troll node. 
  • sambrookjm
    Options
    Would a store ONLY for classic 5*s be in demand ? They could make it 150 CP a pull or something around that. 
    I'd suggested that a couple of times, although I suggested 120 CP for the classics store.   If purchased from the character screen, 4-star covers are 120 CP and the 5-star covers are 720 CP, which is a factor of six higher.  Since the Classic tokens are 20 CP and have a chance to pull a 4-star cover, make the 5-star only covers also a factor of six higher.
  • AXP_isme
    AXP_isme Posts: 809 Critical Contributor
    Options
    What happens to any bacteria or similar in or on Antman's person when he shrinks down to the quantum realm. At that stage some of the scales involved would become smaller than the plank length and then... 

Tbh, I have enough problems wrapping my head around quantum physics anyway. This particular rabbit hole isn't going to help. Maybe just forget I asked - suspension of disbelief and all.