Update to Versus Reward Structure (6/20/18)

Options

Comments

• rixmith
    rixmith Posts: 707 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I'm excited to try it out. Hopefully it will get more players engaged in PVP. Thanks for trying to make things better.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Thanks devs!  Excited to revisit and old friend who left too soon!
  • y4747
    y4747 Posts: 160 Tile Toppler
    Options
    absolutely amazing. no catches, no drawbacks, just a new way for people who get hit back down alot to get the rewards they want when they invest time / health packs.

how long does it take to get 75 wins, though? per week, you'd need 225 wins... say, 3 minutes per match, that's about an hour and a half of pvp play per day (assuming health packs keep up). it seems like a bit much to me... feels like it should be about 45~60 minutes per day, similar to high-end pve.

again, this isn't a complaint, i think this is a great change - just a thought moving forward.

well done, guys.
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,547 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    But.... Supports!

Jk..
     This is fantastic. Thanks guys!
  • jackstar0
    jackstar0 Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    While I applaud this move (truly), I am disheartened by the choice not to listen to our other feedback about 40 Wins for a 4* being too high a threshold. Now seeing 75 for the 15CP seems... a bit much.

I guess I'll have to see it in practice to decide how to approach things, but my initial reaction is cautious optimism.
  • 658_2
    658_2 Posts: 221 Tile Toppler
    Options
    This is an excellent change.  Well done.
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,192 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    jackstar0 said:
    While I applaud this move (truly), I am disheartened by the choice not to listen to our other feedback about 40 Wins for a 4* being too high a threshold. Now seeing 75 for the 15CP seems... a bit much.

I guess I'll have to see it in practice to decide how to approach things, but my initial reaction is cautious optimism.

I thought the same, but the point based progression is still there. There has been multiple times we're I've kept getting hit over and over again chasing 900 and just kept running in place, so this way at least the win based progression is a safety net in a sense. 
  • Nabistay
    Nabistay Posts: 146 Tile Toppler
    Options
    :D This change looks fantastic! I just have to remind myself that I was never getting to 1200 points anyway, so the 75 wins being unobtainable for me (time!) doesn't really make much difference. Being able to get the 4* without needing to shield up and spend HP will be really nice. 

Thank you devs! And thank you @Brigby !
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,192 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Borstock said:
    But.... Supports!

Jk..

Now would be the best time to release more supports cause everyone is happy and it will fly under radar hahaha
  • Friarbundy
    Friarbundy Posts: 118 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Thank you!!!
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Borstock said:
    But.... Supports!

Jk..

Now would be the best time to release more supports cause everyone is happy and it will fly under radar hahaha
    Now would be the best time to add supports into the reward structure.. so you know, people can get them. And rejigger riso costs so people can also level them.
  • evade420
    evade420 Posts: 440 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Unless there have been changes made to MMR which is the real problem with versus mode then this changes nothin, pvp is still broken .
    75 tiny kitty wins for 15cp !!??! 
  • KenshinUK
    KenshinUK Posts: 91 Match Maker
    Options
    As someone who frustratingly tried to get to 800 points recently and couldn't reach it this is most welcome.
    So annoying winning a match and immediately losing two... makes the endeavour entirely pointless.
  • roberts_2
    roberts_2 Posts: 126 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Good fix, now is the time of MMR?
  • professorplum9
    professorplum9 Posts: 133 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Looks like a win-win to me. Thanks!

I get the folks that think 75 wins for 15CP is excessive, but to me when I was starting out in PVP the top prize always seemed to be a bit of a challenge. Your choice was to either spend a lot of HP on shields or just wait for your roster to grow to the point where it made it a bit easier to obtain. Since they are providing an avenue to brute force it I don't think it's unfair to make it a little steep. Folks still have the option many of the long time players had which is either patiently wait for their roster to mature or jump start progression by spending a little money.

I am glad that they have provided a way for newer players to get that 4* cover without making it onerous for those who have gotten to the point where they can get to that threshold with half the number of matches. That alone should help newer players get to the point faster where they can get the CP using what should eventually become the easier method (aka hitting 1200).
  • skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 973 Critical Contributor
    Options
    It's like Christmas and my birthday all in one!!

Thank you! Thank you!

The only time I ever passed 575 in PvP was the 1 wins-based test last year. I rode it all the way to the end to get my 4* (which gave me my first ever 4* Champ).

This gives "the rest of us" another way to collect those 4*s and more importantly (to everyone) a reason to join the PvP realm.
  • skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 973 Critical Contributor
    Options
    If this has been what was distracting our devs lately, it's SO worth it. 
  • LifeofAgony
    LifeofAgony Posts: 690 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Kudos for giving participation trophies?  There is already a mechanic in game (pve) that allows you to get the big time rewards without having to truly compete.

Did pvp really need the same treatment?