Memories of yesteryear...

Options

Comments

• Doc L
    Doc L Posts: 279 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Kwahder said:
    25 covers to max one power.
    It’s okay, they’ve tried to correct that by bringing in the 5 to 1 cover swap mechanic...
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The old guard of the forum.  Looking for a few names led me to this post:
    https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/37375/mpq-hall-of-legends
    I think we've lost a few more since then.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

What a shock, complaints about no dev interaction in December 2015.
    Hard to believe it's gotten even worse in the last 3 years.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Bowgentle said:

It can Always get worse.
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Quebbster said:
    Bowgentle said:

It can Always get worse.
    Can it? Just go to Discord. It’s better there.  
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Daiches said:
    Having to hit nodes every 8 hours

Having to hit nodes each 3h24 minutes.
    The Hunts 12h overlapping subs.
    With roster AND community scaling. Have fun Stormneto'ing level 392 Maggia (capped) every few hours.
    See also Prodigal Sun and Simulator having easy and hard sub events running simultaniousy. Think it's a chore running down sub events daily? Try itting each node once every 2.5 hours in two sub events, then clearing both sub events (one that was the equivilent of CL6, one that was more like CL8) before the timer on both ends, and then having to do a full run of each of the new *new* sub events.

Eugh.

When the PvE system changed, Prodigal Sun went from being my least favourite to my most favourite PvE
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Daiches said:
    Having to hit nodes every 8 hours

Having to hit nodes each 3h24 minutes.
    The Hunts 12h overlapping subs.
    With roster AND community scaling. Have fun Stormneto'ing level 392 Maggia (capped) every few hours.
    See also Prodigal Sun and Simulator having easy and hard sub events running simultaniousy. Think it's a chore running down sub events daily? Try itting each node once every 2.5 hours in two sub events, then clearing both sub events (one that was the equivilent of CL6, one that was more like CL8) before the timer on both ends, and then having to do a full run of each of the new *new* sub events.

Eugh.

When the PvE system changed, Prodigal Sun went from being my least favourite to my most favourite PvE
    With 5 healthpacks and a team mostly compromised of level 94 2star characters. 
  • Rod5
    Rod5 Posts: 585 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Struggling to beat a solo lvl 145 Ragnarok with my 3 strongest characters.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Any ai character over 200 was 5/5/5!
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,194 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Back when adding a level to you character restored their health to full...
  • Rockwell75
    Rockwell75 Posts: 268 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    When the level that kept kicking my tinykitty featured Yelena and two muscle.
  • skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 973 Critical Contributor
    Options
    That's before my time... I still to this day wondered why they don't do it that way. It would make sense. 
    Any idea why they stopped it? Was it being abused?
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    That's before my time... I still to this day wondered why they don't do it that way. It would make sense. 
    Any idea why they stopped it? Was it being abused?
    Pretty much anything that could get abused in this game... will get abused.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Back when you could pour *some* ISO into a level up, people would have their character at, like, 2 ISO to go so that if they got knocked out or injured too much they'd just spend 2 ISO and heal them back up.

Really cut into health pack sales.

See also prologue healing where we'd sit in a prologue mission and have Fishnets Black widow heal all our guys for free. Before the dark times. Before True Healing.
  • skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 973 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Interesting... I guess I never think of health packs as a revenue source, I didn't even know you could purchase them. I've never have less than 150 health packs in years.
    Currently sitting at 231. 

@Twysta 's comment makes sense though... Everything can be abused someway, if you put your mind to it long enough. 
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,194 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Interesting... I guess I never think of health packs as a revenue source, I didn't even know you could purchase them. I've never have less than 150 health packs in years.

@Twysta 's comment makes sense though... Everything can be abused someway, if you put your mind to it long enough. 
    I'm like you, I've always had a surplus of healthpacks.  I was shocked when I learned that the game gives you a few free a day if you get to zero packs... 
  • spectator
    spectator Posts: 395 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Balance of (juggernaut) power
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I'm like you, I've always had a surplus of healthpacks.  I was shocked when I learned that the game gives you a few free a day if you get to zero packs... 

That's a gross understatement. When you have less than 10 Health packs you get a new one every 36 minutes. If you get down to 0 it still only takes 6 hours to get back up to 10.

I try to Always have less than 10 Health packs so the regenerating timer is Always running. There's no loss in using Health packs you are getting back soon.

• fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    They said long ago that health packs were not a significant revenue stream, that was one of the main factors when they increased the free cap to 10 from 5.
  • CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Back when you could pour *some* ISO into a level up, people would have their character at, like, 2 ISO to go so that if they got knocked out or injured too much they'd just spend 2 ISO and heal them back up.

Really cut into health pack sales.
    But that would only work for underleveled characters, and only until they hit max level, which was lower back in those days.