MPQ Hall of Legends

Options
fight4thedream
fight4thedream GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,930 Chairperson of the Boards
edited April 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
As the year comes to a close, I wish to pay my respects to those that came before us that are no longer playing the game with us now. This year saw the loss of some of our best and brightest and honestly I don't think we as a community have recovered since, and perhaps we never will. But despite their absence, they are not forgotten and their contributions to the forum community as well as to the game shall not disappear into the abyss of obscurity but they shall remain with us in halls of MPQ glory. So for those who know someone worthy to remember and who have left the game, please feel free to pay your respects here. (I am aware a similar thread like this exists but gosh darn it can't find it. If anyone can, please let me know). And if you have been mistakenly considered one of the departed, please don't be shy and say hi for someone out there misses you. icon_e_smile.gif

The Legend
Jamie Madrox*

The Legendary Three Pillars of the Forum
Northern Polarity
mischiefmaker
Phantron (although he does come around every now and then, which is always a welcome surprise. I do believe he is still officially retired)

The Mightiest Champions of the Battle Realm
TheLadder
walkyourpath
Scoregasms
BubBLeB0y1977
bonfire01
EvilSonGoku
Sumilea
Worldrunner/Worldrunner 2.0
Polkio "the Original PvE Grind Master"

The Great Heroes of the Forum
Ben Grimm
DearBluey
HailMary
Trisul
Cryptobrancus
arktos1971
TheUnwiseOne

The OG Master of the MPQ Meme
Twysta

The Uncanny Guardians of the Realm
Nonce Equitaur 2*
Riggy
Emeryt
JCTthe3rd81
mageofshadow*

The Once and Future Ice King
IceIX*

Special Shout Out
DreamRuiner: My original archnemesis. Haven't seen the dude since the Great Time Division of the MPQ universe. Hope all is well if you are still out there!

*-still active in game but have been depowered or disappeared from this realm.

Comments

• Blahahah
    Blahahah Posts: 738 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Glory be to IceIX.
    All hail.
    I demand he be given his own tier... Create onto him a throne of ice, and let him be seated.
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,296 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Aren't all three "legendary pillars" retired now? icon_e_sad.gif If we are counting the retirees that once every blue moon come around, Nonce also deserves a shout out.
  • fight4thedream
    Options
    Blahahah wrote:
    Glory be to IceIX.
    All hail.
    I demand he be given his own tier... Create onto him a throne of ice, and let him be seated.

Ask and you shall receive! An ice throne for our fallen ice lord!
    Pylgrim wrote:
    Aren't all three "legendary pillars" retired now? icon_e_sad.gif If we are counting the retirees that once every blue moon come around, Nonce also deserves a shout out.

Yes, all three are retired. That the house hasn't collapsed in on itself is a wonder, indeed. As for my great predecessor Nonce, although he has not been actively participating on the forums much these days, as far as I am aware he is still active in game. On the other hand, he did single-handedly keep the forum from collapsing in his time as a mod, a feat worthy of these halls. I shall find a way to honor him and the other mods that have come before us!
  • lukewin
    lukewin Posts: 1,356 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    If we're going to list people that are still around, but not like they used to be, I got some names.

Malcrof, pre-Green
    David Hi-Fi Moore
    Demiurge_(fill in the blank)

I miss the interaction from Demiurge_Will the most because his posts were usually informative and gave us an insight that I, and probably many others, appreciated.
  • fight4thedream
    Options
    lukewin wrote:
    If we're going to list people that are still around, but not like they used to be, I got some names.

Malcrof, pre-Green
    David Hi-Fi Moore

I miss the interaction from Demiurge_Will the most because his posts were usually informative and gave us an insight that I, and probably many others, appreciated.

I had a feeling someone was going to make that point but since it is a valid one I shall let it stand.

However, I will ask if you wish to pursue the issue of lack of communication from the reds or if you have feedback for my fellow mod-in-arms that you please do so either via PM or start another thread if there is not one actively discussing the issue at the moment. Let us not taint these sacred halls with complaints. Thank you.
  • Linkster79
    Linkster79 Posts: 1,037 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I would like to give a shout to a long since retired true champion.

In an age before time slices, when over half of all versus events finished at 5am he would be the person to beat. The first person to my knowledge to score over 2000 points in a single tournament and also as far as I recall a founding member of S.H.I.E.L.D I wish to pay respect to TheLadder.

A true gentleman who if he knew you needed that coveted placement reward and he already had it would step aside and let you claim it.
  • jimstarooney
    jimstarooney Posts: 576 Critical Contributor
    Options
    lukewin wrote:

Malcrof, pre-Green
    David Hi-Fi Moore

A big shout out to malcrof a true gentleman of the forums.also turul that he doesnt visit the forums as much anymore is a shame.i have been in alliances with both these guys and their capacity for helping and informing ppl cant be overstated.
  • v_ironman
    v_ironman Posts: 22 Just Dropped In
    Options
    PVE Legendary alliance: We are Groot, 1 year non stop. Top 2
  • Arondite
    Arondite Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    >no mention of J Madrox
    >no mention of raisin bran
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    You forgot the greatest poster of them all.. Raisinbman icon_lol.gif
  • jimstarooney
    jimstarooney Posts: 576 Critical Contributor
    Options
    You forgot the greatest poster of them all.. Raisinbman icon_lol.gif
    Ssh.we dont speak his name;)
  • RemoDestroyer
    RemoDestroyer Posts: 277 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Do you accept nominations for heroes of the forum?

I'd like to nominate DearBluey. His return is very unlikely. He retired with 858 posts and for a while maintained the round by round threads for DDQ. I'm pretty sure he brought smiles and laughs to many readers on a daily basis.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I'd like to nominate DearBluey. His return is very unlikely. He retired with 858 posts and for a while maintained the round by round threads for DDQ. I'm pretty sure he brought smiles and laughs to many readers on a daily basis.
    yes. best wishes to bluey - those ddq descriptions were the best.
  • Had to log in for a +1 seeing Emeryt on the list. (And Phantron, though that was trivial icon_e_smile.gif
  • AdamMagus
    AdamMagus Posts: 363 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Mischiefmaker was the best, very helpful, he would always answer your PMs.

walkyourpath, I would always see his name at the top of the PvP ladders

Nonce Equitaur a great mod!
  • Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    Options
    Those are some pretty good guys!

Good times.
  • Gowaderacer
    Gowaderacer Posts: 310 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Wasn't walkyourpath the first one to level max invisible woman back when leveling 4* was considered "crazy"? My how times have changed.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Wasn't walkyourpath the first one to level max invisible woman back when leveling 4* was considered "crazy"? My how times have changed.
    Not really... maxing her is still just as crazy...
  • Colognoisseur
    Colognoisseur Posts: 804 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I have to give a +1 to TheLadder. It was him and walkyourpath who were the two best players in the early days, IMO.
    I have two who also should be added.

Twysta The OG Master of the MPQ Meme. Made me do spit takes more than anyone while reading hte forum.

Polkio was the original grinder. when they ran Unstable Iso-8 the first time (for 2*Moonstone covers) there was no rechargeable stack but you could do the repeatable for 1pt as a much as you wanted. Polkio ground that repeatable for 24/7 with his wife standing in when he slept. It was the grind of all grinds. nobody has ever come close.
  • fight4thedream
    Options

Yes, of course!

I was unaware that DearBluey left icon_cry.gif
    A really cool dude whose love of Squirrel Girl I shall never forget.

Also added TheLadder, Twysta and Polkio. All legends in their own right. If anyone has someone else they feel worthy to be added to the great hall, don't be shy. The only criteria needed is either:

1. In-game amazingness (ex: consistently top of the leader board, pulled off an amazing feat, etc)
    2. Contributed to the forum in a memorable way (with the exception of trolling, there is no place for those ne'er-do-wells here).