Memories of yesteryear...

Options

Comments

• The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    When they would sandbox cheaters or people sharing accounts.  
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2018
    Options
    The Gauntlet
    7-Day Events
    Mini events like Growth Industry (I think TA Hulk had one as well as Coulson, who's added in a to be continued we've never gotten...)
    System Reboot
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,631 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    broll said:
    The Gauntlet
    7-Day Events
    Mini events like Growth Industry (I think TA Hulk had one as well as Coulson, who's added in a to be continued we've never gotten...)
    System Reboot
    Amadeus Inferno was Cho's one (which I think they may have re-run last year maybe?)
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,194 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2018
    Options
    broll said:
    The Gauntlet
    7-Day Events
    System Reboot
    wasn't the prologue "to be continued" also?  or something like that.  

I think the gauntlet should be a tab that replaces the prologue when you finish it.  Once you finish the prologue you can't even replay it to reread the story at your leisure, or experiment with teams; so why even have it there?  They should put a gauntlet type event that is 1 week long and just have it reset at the end of the week.  Even if the rewards are small (ie 100 iso, no tokens), at least it gives people something to do during boss runs or 2 day subs; and it makes up for some of the iso lost during boss runs.
  • CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Every time they re-run Hearts of Darkness I hope that they'll dust off Amadeus's Inferno. It's the epilogue to the EotS / HoD "trilogy"; it's one of only two instances where you can fight Galactus outside of his boss event; and (most importantly) it gives a free Cho cover!
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    CNash said:
    Every time they re-run Hearts of Darkness I hope that they'll dust off Amadeus's Inferno. It's the epilogue to the EotS / HoD "trilogy"; it's one of only two instances where you can fight Galactus outside of his boss event; and (most importantly) it gives a free Cho cover!

Hec, I'd be happy if they retooled Amadeus' Inferno as a fourth sub in Hearts of Darkness....
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,194 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Quebbster said:
    CNash said:

Hec, I'd be happy if they retooled Amadeus' Inferno as a fourth sub in Hearts of Darkness....
    Replete with awesome "neutral" environmental/hazard/technology tiles  :p
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    That period of like 3 months (maybe more) where it seemed like very single update broke something for someone.  And serious game breaking things like crashes, won't load, event won't advance, etc.  It became a thing for many to turn off auto updating and wait to see if the forums freaked out about a bug before updating.

Those were dark times.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:
    broll said:
    The Gauntlet
    7-Day Events
    System Reboot
    Amadeus Inferno was Cho's one (which I think they may have re-run last year maybe?)
    I can't tell you exactly when it ran, but it did, because that's the only time I've played it. 

I also think it was run as an attempt to test rewarding a random Cho cover to each player rather than a set one, but there was a bug that ended up auto-rostering the cover, even if you already had Cho, and even if you had no open roster slots. So for instance, it would read as 146/145 slots available, and you could potentially have a 1/3/3 Cho then a 0/1/0 Cho. I can't remember how they ended up resolving that one. 
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    CNash said:
    Also, dat Hulk wave node. 
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DarthDeVo said:
    CNash said:
    You mean Boss Battles, Hulk Edition?
  • iron-n-wine
    iron-n-wine Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    DarthDeVo said:
    CNash said:
    You mean Boss Battles, Hulk Edition?
    Have been meaning to say welcome back, Jaedenkaal, you disappeared for a while there!
  • Jaedenkaal
    Options
    Have been meaning to say welcome back, Jaedenkaal, you disappeared for a while there!
    Thanks. Had to stop for a while for life reasons. 
  • iron-n-wine
    iron-n-wine Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Thanks. Had to stop for a while for life reasons. 
    As John Lennon (probably) said: "Life is what happens to you while you are busy making MPQ plans"
  • CubRob
    CubRob Posts: 74 Match Maker
    Options
    • People have mentioned Health Packs, but I don't see any mention of true healing (ie. Black Widow).
    • Pre-nerf X-Force, Rags, Magneto, Sentry, Hood, Thoress, Logan etc...
    • Time lags between events, no concurrent.
  • Jexman
    Jexman Posts: 165 Tile Toppler
    Options
    The one I miss the most is the healing when you leveled a character.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    fmftint said:
    They said long ago that health packs were not a significant revenue stream, that was one of the main factors when they increased the free cap to 10 from 5.
    Which just makes me wonder why they didn't reverse true healing.
    I don't think there are people out there using OBW to heal up their poor battered Gambit.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Options
    fmftint said:
    They said long ago that health packs were not a significant revenue stream, that was one of the main factors when they increased the free cap to 10 from 5.
    I don't think there are people out there using OBW to heal up their poor battered Gambit.
    Having health be a finite resource still impacts how people play the game. Some of the decisions they make are gameplay-based and not financial based.
  • Sim Mayor
    Sim Mayor Posts: 309 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I remember wins-based progression...

*Looks around startled*

Woohoo!
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,631 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    fmftint said:
    Having health be a finite resource still impacts how people play the game. Some of the decisions they make are gameplay-based and not financial based.
    I have an almost borderline mania for not healing characters between fights even if I have 10 healthpacks leading to soooooooo many wrong decisions on my part but also weirdly compulsive. I guess it feels even better to win a fight when your character is at less than 100%.