Memories of yesteryear...

Options

Comments

• maguirenumber6
    maguirenumber6 Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Dormammu said:
    I remember one event, not sure if it was the one Quebbster describes above, where the points requirement was far too high to get the final prize... 
    The opposite happened, I remember, during 3-star Hulk's release event. It was The Hulk PvE of course, and you could get a Hulk cover in the last node. But they also set up a global score that tallied every player's points and promised another free cover if the community reached a certain score by the end of the event.

I think we got there in less than an hour.  :D
    The devs: "........oh." 

Haha that's brilliant :,)
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,631 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Lycra shorts Cho loading screen...

• T_REZ5000
    T_REZ5000 Posts: 148 Tile Toppler
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Using 1* storm in pve to harvest environment tiles despite already having fully leveled 3*s.

LRs that gave 3*s for placement.  That’s how I finished my hood and c. Mags (back when c. Mags was godlike).
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,194 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:

Agent Venom pogo-sticking on the loading screen and giving me vertigo  ;)
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,631 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:

Lol! And what was going on with C4rol
  • maguirenumber6
    maguirenumber6 Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:
    DAZ0273 said:

Lol! And what was going on with C4rol
    Carol's animation was...unfortunate.
  • Straycat
    Straycat Posts: 963 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Everyone talking about Charlie's Angels. IM40's best build had 1 cover in his yellow. I never purposely undercovered characters, but before championing it was much more common. IM40 was one of the last 3*s I got covered, because he was so expensive before his rework.

2* Magneto could make 5 blues. I would use 2* Mags, Storm, and Thor for Deadpool Daily everytime before I realized I had some decent 3*s.

That bug that made all countdowns do 1 damage, which inspired a bad Drax rework
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    How awesome the 1st Anniversary was and then the  disaster of every Anniversary after that. 
    I started playing just before the 1st anniversary, I still didn't really understand what was going on.  I thought it was going to be normal that we would have stuff like that all the time.  Haha.

I remember when everyone thought Silver Surfer was way too OP for the game to handle.

Randomized node rewards & +20 ISO over and over and over......ugh.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Dormammu said:
    I remember one event, not sure if it was the one Quebbster describes above, where the points requirement was far too high to get the final prize... 
    The opposite happened, I remember, during 3-star Hulk's release event. It was The Hulk PvE of course, and you could get a Hulk cover in the last node. But they also set up a global score that tallied every player's points and promised another free cover if the community reached a certain score by the end of the event.

I think we got there in less than an hour.  :D
    I remember it differently. The global score unlocked the node where Hulk switches sides and that awarded a Hulk cover. The global score certainly wasn't reached in an hour though, it happened at the approximately appropriate time in the storyline - as in, about halfway through the event.
    Global scores unlocking nodes were pretty common in the early days of the game (I suppose time slices killed them?). In ISO-8 Brotherhood each sub had a one-time node with a big ISO reward that got unlocked by global score.
    I do believe the devs kept an eye on the global score and adjusted the goal as needed to reach it - it was never meant to be impossible.
    There was also that one time where they tried to run The Hulk in a three (?) day window and all the subs were like 10 hours long or something. Global score still unlocked the one-time node, that also unlocked two more subs. As it happened, the goal was reached half an hour before those subs would be locked, so those that noticed the subs were there got a big leg up on the competition.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Oh, and I remember when PvE had two subs running concurrently, one easy and one difficult. Both ending at the same time and contributing to global score, so you had to decide how to manage your time during end grind...
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,115 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Back in 2013
     - when my best PVP team was 2*Thor, 2*Widow and 1*Storm
     - when 2* Wolverine ruled PVP with his 3 Green AP attack. 
     - when the best 3* team was Punisher, Spiderman and Magneto, which formed a killer team!
     - when max covering IW or XFW was a pipe dream

Back in 2014
     - when my calculation to max cover a new 3* would take about 9 months
     - there was a PVE with a Ragnarok node and 2 green feeders that would end with Rags Green Attack killing your entire team after 5 turns.  I played that over and over trying to get lucky and beat it.  I think I won once.
    - when Ares was introduced in a PVE with 3-4 hr refresh times.

• Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

The old forum and the PVP and PVE event threads (blatant plug) and the whole much-betterness of it compared to this.

And totally unrelated, the downvote button.

• ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

The old forum and the PVP and PVE event threads (blatant plug) and the whole much-betterness of it compared to this.

I do miss those threads as well as dearbluey's DDQ ones every five days.
  • Kwahder
    Kwahder Posts: 173 Tile Toppler
    Options
    25 covers to max one power.
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2018
    Options
    When 1* storm's yellow was red and only cost 5.
    And she was so strong back then people were picking her sometimes instead of 3*'s

When certain lightning rounds used to give out HP as a reward.

When you used to get HP for selling covers.
  • Pr0spect0r
    Pr0spect0r Posts: 291 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Jarvind said:
    Caring about new characters because there wasn't one wildly overpowered character completely dominating the game.

Yes, I'm still beating this dead horse. Fight me.
    cant fight you, you probably have a very strong dead horse