Memories of yesteryear...

Options

Comments

• Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Only 5 Health packs. 

Dark times indeed.

I do sometimes miss environmental tiles. I still always use the forest node in PvP for that horribly unbalanced reason.
  • metallion
    metallion Posts: 276 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    XFW was the best 4*. Never had a chance to use him in his full glory, but I did hit one for the lulz and got owned terribly
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Having to hit nodes every 8 hours

Having to hit nodes each 3h24 minutes.
    The Hunts 12h overlapping subs.
    With roster AND community scaling. Have fun Stormneto'ing level 392 Maggia (capped) every few hours.
  • McThunderpants
    McThunderpants Posts: 59 Match Maker
    Options
    CMag blue infinite power. First nerf I experienced. 150% Maggia, Brotherhood, and Doom to boosts. 

• ammenell
    ammenell Posts: 817 Critical Contributor
    Options
    visions bugged blue.
    spending money.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,624 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Pre-Nerf AI Carnage in Venom Bomb - Symbiote Scythes, Symbiote Scythes, Symbiote Scythes...
  • Yasuru
    Yasuru Posts: 99 Match Maker
    Options
    The rollout of Thick as Thieves when the scaling was horribly, HORRIBLY broken.
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I remember when 2* bullseye only had two colors.  Then they added the third and everybody was hanging out with a 5/5/0 character, just waiting for that green.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Old school Heroics as release events. No subs, just one map with nodes to clear as often as possible (2 h 23 minute refresh!), and scaling put the enemy in Nightmare mode long Before the end. But hey, if you wanted that shiny new character you needed to tough yourself up and slug it out.

I particularly remember one run of Unstable ISO back Before it had subs where no one got even Close to final progression. Apparently the devs had overestimated the impact of rubberbanding or something, the Points just weren't there to get the threestar progression cover (I Think it was when Captain America Super Soldier was just released...)

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Tanking in PVP, until you finally saw 1* teams.
  • cozmo1682
    cozmo1682 Posts: 135 Tile Toppler
    Options
    ammenell said:
    visions bugged blue.
    spending money.
    Man I spammed that for as long as I could. Felt like they owed me after all the bad changes lol
  • Chrono_Tata
    Chrono_Tata Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Options
    New Dark Reign storylines being released
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Bowgentle said:
    Tanking in PVP, until you finally saw 1* teams.
    I did this all the time. Lightning Rounds were Tanking Rounds to me.
  • maguirenumber6
    maguirenumber6 Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I remember one event, not sure if it was the one Quebbster describes above, where the points requirement was far too high to get the final prize (is that what you mean by rubberbanding? Apologies if so.) I recall the devs sending out lots of prizes to players to compensate them for the covers etc they should have won. Other random memories:

The super generous first run of Strange Sights :-)

Growth Industry, which I really really hope they run again when Ant-man and The Wasp is released.

20 iso rewards before they got rid of them. So frustrating  :(

And not so long ago, the infamous 0/0/5 Gambit build...
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I remember one event, not sure if it was the one Quebbster describes above, where the points requirement was far too high to get the final prize... 
    The opposite happened, I remember, during 3-star Hulk's release event. It was The Hulk PvE of course, and you could get a Hulk cover in the last node. But they also set up a global score that tallied every player's points and promised another free cover if the community reached a certain score by the end of the event.

I think we got there in less than an hour.  :D
  • StevO-J
    StevO-J Posts: 746 Critical Contributor
    Options
    That time a 7-day event ran (Iso-8 Brotherhood?) where scaling was turned off... level 35-50 enemies as far as the eye can see  B)

I think this was because there was an experiment with the scaling back then, and of course it wasn't intentional, but man... happy memories. Still my highest finish in PVE with a 3rd place.
  • Colognoisseur
    Colognoisseur Posts: 804 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Boosts used to be +3 and the all ap boost cost iso not hp
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Boosts used to be +3 and the all ap boost cost iso not hp
    Oh my.  In a post Iso world that would be awesome again.