Soul Stone Season Updates (5/25/18)

Comments

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    I suppose most of you might have forgotten what the devs said about spelling out future plans. I don't expect that it would help to soothe those who wants to know what's going to happen months in advance. However, they have made known their stance. So, it boils down to how you react to their stance.

While we usually say little about future plans*:

There are no plans currently in the works for 6* characters, and we've heard a clear consensus among our players that they don't want them.

*: Reasons for this: software development, creative work, and entertaining people are all messy and unpredictable, and when you cross the three together in a live game, making very many promises can lock you into disaster. And we know most of you are happiest with more detail and dislike when something you're expecting changes, so we typically talk about new things when we're certain of the details. Because of the nature of game development, that's usually when the feature's about to come out.

https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/comment/781184/#Comment_781184
  • Pr0spect0r
    Pr0spect0r Posts: 291 Mover and Shaker
    I suppose most of you might have forgotten what the devs said about spelling out future plans. I don't expect that it would help to soothe those who wants to know what's going to happen months in advance. However, they have made known their stance. So, it boils down to how you react to their stance.

There are no plans currently in the works for 6* characters, and we've heard a clear consensus among our players that they don't want them.

*: Reasons for this: software development, creative work, and entertaining people are all messy and unpredictable, and when you cross the three together in a live game, making very many promises can lock you into disaster. And we know most of you are happiest with more detail and dislike when something you're expecting changes, so we typically talk about new things when we're certain of the details. Because of the nature of game development, that's usually when the feature's about to come out.

So, just going off of their comment of "talking about new things when they are certain of the details" means they are either struggling to do that or hard at work ironing out details. I think I'd still like a hint to which side of the fence they on concerning that
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    It seems that their stance hasn't change much since the birth of MPQ. Here's another one:

A: “When” questions are super tough question to answer because they’re often out of our hands. We have first parties that need to approve our game, we have external events that pop up, and many other things that will constantly force us to shift priorities around. We love being able to directly answer questions, but “When” is a hard thing to stick a pin on, and we hate to disappoint.

• Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards

On a side note, is it becoming common practice for people to flag posts as spam just because they don’t like what that person has to say?
    It would appear so. I would like to see repeat offenders starting to receive bans. 
  • Treras
    Treras Posts: 47 Just Dropped In
    Can't wait for more supports and support related changes. 
    Burn the barn, bring supports to pvp already.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,604 Chairperson of the Boards
    The next significant but easily implemented change I'd personally like to see is an expansion of how champ rewards work. I'm now at the point where many of my 3* characters are reaching their max champ level and I'm getting covers I can no longer do anything with. I'd never sell a max champed character it took years to build to that point, and my plan was to create duplicates and start the process over, but now that I'm in the thick of it I'm finding it to be way too demanding in terms of resources. Sure, there's the 1,000 HP for each additional roster spot, but I'm mainly referring to the ISO investment of leveling/champing duplicate 3* characters — at the rate this is going, I'd have to divert all ISO to this process for months, instead of continuing to build up my 4* roster (I currently have 42 champed 4* characters.)

I understand why they wouldn't want to increase the max champ level for 3* characters, but ending their progress and rewards income also presents a notable problem. They could do something like add another 100 levels of rewards earned through applying covers without actually increasing the character's level or stats past their max. These post-max rewards could include larger amounts of ISO, HP, CP, tokens, and they could even add more 4* cover rewards, ideally for a different 4* character that way 3*s can feed more 4*s without changing their existing reward structures.

This seems like a really simple update that would make everyone happy, no?
    Yeah, I think that would be fairly well received. And I don't see any glaring problems (I mean, people are already selling 3*s and starting over, if your suggestion were a problem, then flipping 3*s would be a problem, and the devs would have addressed it by now)
  • Cactus_Jack_87
    Cactus_Jack_87 Posts: 210 Tile Toppler
    I always love reading about the new season changes, thanks for keeping me in good spirits!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yg03q100E4g
  • spatenfloot
    spatenfloot Posts: 665 Critical Contributor
    Get some new artwork for Invisible Woman if nothing else.
  • ammenell
    ammenell Posts: 817 Critical Contributor
    im f2p.
    this is why. 
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,939 Chairperson of the Boards
    The next significant but easily implemented change I'd personally like to see is an expansion of how champ rewards work. I'm now at the point where many of my 3* characters are reaching their max champ level and I'm getting covers I can no longer do anything with. I'd never sell a max champed character it took years to build to that point, and my plan was to create duplicates and start the process over, but now that I'm in the thick of it I'm finding it to be way too demanding in terms of resources. Sure, there's the 1,000 HP for each additional roster spot, but I'm mainly referring to the ISO investment of leveling/champing duplicate 3* characters — at the rate this is going, I'd have to divert all ISO to this process for months, instead of continuing to build up my 4* roster (I currently have 42 champed 4* characters.)

I understand why they wouldn't want to increase the max champ level for 3* characters, but ending their progress and rewards income also presents a notable problem. They could do something like add another 100 levels of rewards earned through applying covers without actually increasing the character's level or stats past their max. These post-max rewards could include larger amounts of ISO, HP, CP, tokens, and they could even add more 4* cover rewards, ideally for a different 4* character that way 3*s can feed more 4*s without changing their existing reward structures.

I'm doing the rechamp while holding on to the originals thing myself.  By doing a complete 3* token hoard (I'm up to 756 standards, 921 elites, 266 single heroics, 6 ten-packs, 255 savory/252 sweet) I'm able to slow the amount of 3* covers that come in (I still open PVP event tokens and get champ reward covers, DDQ covers, placement/progression covers, covers from tacos opened for health packs, etc.).

I don't mind hoarding those tokens because honestly getting covers 3* and below no longer excite me.  Luckily I'm pretty far into the 4* game.  I only have 3 left to champ (4 when Spider drops).  And since I'm not in a hurry to leap into the 5*, I'd might as well invest in rechamping my 3s as long as I can spare the iso each week.  I'm hoping to divert some resources to 4s, or have enough to champ a couple when I open more of my hoard to finish Jessica, but there's always a new 2 or 3 on my vine in need of being rechamped.  #FarmLyfe
  • cschwinge
    cschwinge Posts: 49 Just Dropped In

Right now, a 2* or 3* farm is fairly ISO-neutral, when you consider rewards+sale price vs cost to level/champ. Adding significant ISO would be a problem, but I don't think the rest would be.

A handy option would be to allow the next hundred levels to feature a different 4*. Then you could choose to either sell/rechamp to get more of the same 4*, or continue champing to get covers for a different 4*
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Gambit is fine. 
    Lies
    he's actually relatively easy to beat. provided you have your own gambit.
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,203 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ezrius said:
    I really wish they'd fix the 3* -> 4* champion rewards.  I get that there are too many 4* characters now for all of them to have a feeder, but do we really need two feeders for Jean Grey, Starlord, X-23, X-Force Wolverine, and Elektra?  When 26 4* characters have no feeder?

I said this in the Champion Rewards thread, but at the very least, Gamora should feed Gamora, and the two older X-Men that are currently part of a dual-fed 4* (Beast and Colossus) should probably feed 4* X-Men without feeders (Nightcrawler and Jubilee).  Ragnorok might make sense for Valkyrie, and I'm sure something could be worked out for a lonely 4* between Daredevil and Elektra.  I don't really think these are enormous adjustments in the grand scheme of things, certainly not compared to a Supports system that... I'm still not sure myself or half the community is even sure they care about (outside of fear of it ever having PVP implications).

I would assume they haven't made any of these changes as they don't want to retroactively give out rewards to people that already hit that reward  milestone or upset people seeking those current rewards.
  • Ezrius
    Ezrius Posts: 150 Tile Toppler
    Ezrius said:
    I really wish they'd fix the 3* -> 4* champion rewards.  I get that there are too many 4* characters now for all of them to have a feeder, but do we really need two feeders for Jean Grey, Starlord, X-23, X-Force Wolverine, and Elektra?  When 26 4* characters have no feeder?

I said this in the Champion Rewards thread, but at the very least, Gamora should feed Gamora, and the two older X-Men that are currently part of a dual-fed 4* (Beast and Colossus) should probably feed 4* X-Men without feeders (Nightcrawler and Jubilee).  Ragnorok might make sense for Valkyrie, and I'm sure something could be worked out for a lonely 4* between Daredevil and Elektra.  I don't really think these are enormous adjustments in the grand scheme of things, certainly not compared to a Supports system that... I'm still not sure myself or half the community is even sure they care about (outside of fear of it ever having PVP implications).

I would assume they haven't made any of these changes as they don't want to retroactively give out rewards to people that already hit that reward  milestone or upset people seeking those current rewards.
    I mean, it's not like it stopped them before, and they didn't give out retroactive rewards in those cases IIRC?  They did it in October 2016 and in April 2017 for 3*s and changed 2* Hawkeye in August..  They've even changed both 3* Captain Marvel and Iron Fist both times.