Soul Stone Season Updates (5/25/18)

Comments

• DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,203 Chairperson of the Boards
    What does character rebalance mean? Does it mean:

1) a total change in at least one ability? 
    2) an increase in damage and/or effect?
    3) a reduction in damage and/or effect
    4) minor updates to certain ability

We might still get some updates on Tuesday or Wednesday...
    I'd take anything at this point 
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    Disappointing but not surprising anymore.
  • LifeofAgony
    LifeofAgony Posts: 690 Critical Contributor
    @Brigby Can you let us know when we should expect character rebalances to begin showing up again? This coming season? The season after that? I feel like a lot of this disappointment and frustration could be avoided if we had any idea of what to expect, when, and why.
    So many lolz.  Yet another request for communication.  We’ve been asking for that for ages now.  
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2018
    To be factual, the last time Marvel mentioned MPQ was on 8 May 2018, which is about 2 weeks back. How frequent should Marvel mention MPQ? Every week? Every three days?
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    To be factual, the last time Marvel mentioned MPQ was on 8 May 2018, which is about 2 weeks back. How frequent should Marvel mention MPQ? Every week? Every three days?
    They normally mention them in every What's Happening overview. It's marketing for their own license..
    It'a also a weekly recurring feature on the Marvel website. So yes, every week. Or at least every 2 weeks considering the release schedule. 
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    This is poor. Now that supports are in the game I expected time to start being spent on other things. I've been contemplating stopping paying for VIP for a few months now, having been someone who's bought it every month since it started. I think this is the month where I finally scale back to paying the bare minimum to ensure I still get the daily bonuses. You just aren't doing anything to warrant my money anymore.  
  • roberts_2
    roberts_2 Posts: 126 Tile Toppler
    Well, let's go there and wait for another warning for making such negative comments.

while the mmr is not fixed I will not play the pvp beyond the start nodes. I see in my bracket people in high positions with rosters against which I could fight perfectly but I always get Thor-Bits and 5 stars of more level than mine, which are the same ones from which I receive attacks. Also happens to me the same with the 4 stars, being most of the time more than 30 levels above mine. Depending on the character it is crazy to enter into combat against them.

Therefore if there are no significant changes in the system that balance it this will be my fourth season in which I will play pvp and the worst thing is that I am getting used to it when I used to be top 50-250 in them.

You could call it a boycott, I call it "if they do not fix what's broken, I'm not interested in supporting that part". Everyone can think what they want but a clear fact is that the pvp brackets have contracted more, which means that there are fewer people playing, so I should not be the only one who has left them aside.

Greetings to all and good luck in the next season, whether the system is fixed or not :smile:
  • veny
    veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
    supergarv said:
    Damn. This game is just rotting away. Too bad the devs don‘t care, it could really still work well and has huge potential left. But at this rate, people will move on to less stale marvel properties.
    Dont worry, i bet new supports are on the way :D
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    supergarv said:
    Damn. This game is just rotting away. Too bad the devs don‘t care, it could really still work well and has huge potential left. But at this rate, people will move on to less stale marvel properties.
    You mean a lot of them are moving to MSF.  This isn’t me just saying this, BTW I have no desire to even try MSF, but hearing the amount of vets that are leaving MPQ after this season to just doing MSF actually make me sad.  Again, this all could have been prevented and was not.  Meh, oh well.  
  • Arix90
    Arix90 Posts: 244 Tile Toppler
    MSF is decent but i still much prefer MPQ 
  • supergarv
    supergarv Posts: 408 Mover and Shaker
    The speed of MSF is something that should give MPQ a few hints. Speed up gameplay? Auto complete nodes after specific criteria is met? Yes please.
  • Talestummy
    Talestummy Posts: 66 Match Maker
    too much speed or auto win and their "engagement" falls off a cliff
  • Gold_Dragon
    Gold_Dragon Posts: 101 Tile Toppler
    Or the characters are fine and don’t need to be “rebalanced”.
  • maguirenumber6
    maguirenumber6 Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    edited May 2018
    While we see no character rebalances for this upcoming season, I don't think the devs have been doing nothing. I imagine adding a whole new system (Supports) to a game takes a lot of work, and even after it's lauched, I guess there still needs to be work done to fix any errors that pop up after it goes live. Clearly a lot of thought and effort has been put into building them, in terms of concept, design, mechanics, implementation etc, so the devs should be given credit for that. 

Saying that though, it is a shame we've not had much in the way of character re-balances or even tweaks recently. I know Daken has had an error for a long time that remains unfixed. But as I don't know the size of the team that works on MPQ then I can't comment on who should have been doing what or when.
  • LifeofAgony
    LifeofAgony Posts: 690 Critical Contributor
    While we see no character rebalances for this upcoming season, I don't think the devs have been doing nothing. I imagine adding a whole new system (Supports) to a game takes a lot of work, and even after it's lauched, I guess there still needs to be work done to fix any errors that pop up after it goes live. Clearly a lot of thought and effort has been put into building them, in terms of concept, design, mechanics, implementation etc, so the devs should be given credit for that. 

Saying that though, it is a shame we've not had much in the way of character re-balances or even tweaks recently. I know Daken has had an error for a long time that remains unfixed. But as I don't know the size of the team that works on MPQ then I can't comment on who should have been doing what or when.
    Except supports have been by any measure a failure on the modest side.  Supports we were told precluded basically all other projects.  Supports are live, and have been live, and they just keep pouring more effort into this rather than focusing on anything else.

i understand the forum is not the entire player base, but I can say between here, Line and discord, there are very few if any promoters for supports.

Season updates are the glimmer of hope we might get something changed, and it’s just more of the same.

#SpendingMeansYouCondoneTheirActions
    #CloseTheWallet
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,156 Chairperson of the Boards
    If Brigby were to tell us that character rebalances are still being pushed back in exchange for focus on yet another feature that's in development, even if he can't go into any details now, I'd still be completely sated if we could get some very rough projections (i.e. expect a new feature in June or July, and character rebalances in August or September, for example.)
  • Arix90
    Arix90 Posts: 244 Tile Toppler
    If Brigby were to tell us that character rebalances are still being pushed back in exchange for focus on yet another feature that's in development, even if he can't go into any details now, I'd still be completely sated if we could get some very rough projections (i.e. expect a new feature in June or July, and character rebalances in August or September, for example.)
    Someone at D3 mentioned a new feature coming in the next off season (not this week the one after the next season)