Soul Stone Season Updates (5/25/18)

Comments

• Pants1000
    Pants1000 Posts: 484 Mover and Shaker
    I don’t blame them for continuing to spend time on supports.  They need to make them more useful for the long term health of the game.  

But Gambit still desperately needs a nerf.  It shouldn’t take months to tweak his abilities down a little.
  • Gold_Dragon
    Gold_Dragon Posts: 101 Tile Toppler
    Gambit is fine. 
  • KC_Hammer
    KC_Hammer Posts: 84 Match Maker
    I like supports. They aren't game changing but I find them fun and that's enough for me.
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,156 Chairperson of the Boards
    Arix90 said:
    If Brigby were to tell us that character rebalances are still being pushed back in exchange for focus on yet another feature that's in development, even if he can't go into any details now, I'd still be completely sated if we could get some very rough projections (i.e. expect a new feature in June or July, and character rebalances in August or September, for example.)
    Someone at D3 mentioned a new feature coming in the next off season (not this week the one after the next season)
    Was this on the forum? Were there any other details?
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    With the holiday weekend coming, I kinda checked-out at work last week too.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,735 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2018
    Arix90 said:
    If Brigby were to tell us that character rebalances are still being pushed back in exchange for focus on yet another feature that's in development, even if he can't go into any details now, I'd still be completely sated if we could get some very rough projections (i.e. expect a new feature in June or July, and character rebalances in August or September, for example.)
    Someone at D3 mentioned a new feature coming in the next off season (not this week the one after the next season)
    Was this on the forum? Were there any other details?
    It was not on the forum and I take anything mentioned as far out as two months away with giant grains of salt.  My great fear is it will be putting Supports into PVP, which I am not convinced will help or be player friendly.

Upon further reflection, perhaps they have a plan to somehow improve rewards or make pvp more player friendly. But I’m not holding my breath there.

Whatever they do, I would say that I hope that if it is something that causes concern among players, that the developers listen or be willing to listen instead of just forging ahead with a change.
  • rbdragon
    rbdragon Posts: 479 Mover and Shaker
    This update is just a perfect example as to why I stopped paying for VIP after having it since the first day it was implemented. The game has gotten stale to the point where I actually dread when I "have" to play it.

It's a shame really...I've always loved this game....but now....
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2018
    If that rumour is true, I guess it would be new currency to purchase support?
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    If that rumour is true, I guess it would be new currency to purchase support?
    And.....does that matter?  Another money grab?  Just what we need.  
  • HoundofShadow
    edited May 2018
    That's only a guess. Another possible feature would be new type of tiles.

I guess it would matter once they enable support in PvP?
  • The rockett

We already lost 2 brackets with this current season vs the prior one. More people moving away after this season.  We shouldn’t expect at least 1 more less bracket for Soul Season.  
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards

We already lost 2 brackets with this current season vs the prior one. More people moving away after this season.  We shouldn’t expect at least 1 more less bracket for Soul Season.  
    Eh.
    Expect a lot of bracket sniping in the final hours of the season.
    You'll end up with the same number of brackets.
  • HoundofShadow
    Maybe they moved down to SCL 6 to get the Infinity Stone?
  • The rockett
    Bowgentle said:

Eh.
    Expect a lot of bracket sniping in the final hours of the season.
    You'll end up with the same number of brackets.
    Nothing is flipping.  Not close enough. 
  • The rockett

Maybe they moved down to SCL 6 to get the Infinity Stone?
    Can’t.  You are locked out after a certain Shield Level.  They made this change awhile ago. 
  • Talestummy
    Talestummy Posts: 66 Match Maker
    Those numbers also includes those that joined and didn’t finish out the season.
  • The rockett
    Correct.  Even if they played 1 match in 1 pvp event they count.  
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    It also includes alts like A N00b, who joined to check bracket counts at the start of a season and hasn't played a pvp match yet. 
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    That'd be me.
  • The rockett
    It also includes alts like A N00b, who joined to check bracket counts at the start of a season and hasn't played a pvp match yet. 
    Yes. Sorry. They don't even need to score.  You are correct.