MPQ Sneak Peek: May 2018 Edition *Updated (5/30/18)

1567810

Comments

  • Arix90Arix90 Posts: 244 Tile Toppler
    Im glad we havent had a weeklong in a while actually harder to commit to 7 days prefer 3/4
  • Shintok17Shintok17 Posts: 620 Critical Contributor
    I for one miss week long events. This way is just making events repeat too soon. It makes things feel more grindy than they already are. I do miss the 7-Day Enemy Of The State Event. I love that event. So many tokens awarded.
  • Shintok17Shintok17 Posts: 620 Critical Contributor
    Arix90 said:
    Im glad we havent had a weeklong in a while actually harder to commit to 7 days prefer 3/4
    Its the same thing as a 3 day and 4 day one. So it's like 2 events in one. It's the same commitment. If you play all the PVE events like most people do then it's not that different. I just like variety. I also like the rewards for them. You can't please everyone.
  • justsingjustsing Posts: 378 Mover and Shaker
    Shintok17 said:
    Arix90 said:
    Im glad we havent had a weeklong in a while actually harder to commit to 7 days prefer 3/4
    Its the same thing as a 3 day and 4 day one. So it's like 2 events in one. It's the same commitment. If you play all the PVE events like most people do then it's not that different. I just like variety. I also like the rewards for them. You can't please everyone.
    It's not quite the same. Sometimes people have real life things that pop up, preventing them from playing in their usual slice for an event. It's nice to have the flexibility of changing your time slice every 3-4 days instead of 7. 

    That said, I am a fan of Enemy of the State and hope to see it run soon. 
  • Punisher5784Punisher5784 Posts: 3,170 Chairperson of the Boards
    Arix90 said:
    Im glad we havent had a weeklong in a while actually harder to commit to 7 days prefer 3/4


    Most players complain about 7-day events due to the time commitment for placement rewards.

    Personally, it depends on the event. I absolutely hate The Hulk 7-day PVE but I'll gladly play Enemy of the State. I wouldn't mind if they broke up 7-day events into two 3/4-day Part 1/Part 2 events instead.

  • bluewolfbluewolf Posts: 2,789 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2018
    There are certain advantages to players for some 7 day events. If you buy the daily deals, your odds of your hp returning a higher value item is better since you will keep drawing on the same vault. 

    But a 7 day doesn’t offer any more placement covers than a 3 or 4 day. So if you are a player who hits placement, you’ll lose out on some covers there. Unless I’m forgetting that you get more covers; I just remember the iso and hp rewards being the same.

     Edit:  I meant you get the same iso and HP in placement from one 7 day, as a 3&4 day together.  But you should get less covers.
  • LFChikarasonLFChikarason Posts: 280 Mover and Shaker
    Quebbster said:
    @Brigby- is Peggy Carter supposed to be rewarded in PvP again when she had her special PvP (and associated rewards) earlier this season? Not that I mind, but I sort of assumed she would be skipped now.

    Regarding Jessica as essential, she was due. Then it's LumberCap for the new release. Robbie should get a turn just as he is about to exit Latest Legends, but I suppose they could go with Okoye instead.

    Okoye should be the required five star in the PVE that starts June 7th, the Thursday after she gets added to latest legends
  • Smart80Smart80 Posts: 748 Critical Contributor
    bluewolf said:
    There are certain advantages to players for some 7 day events. If you buy the daily deals, your odds of your hp returning a higher value item is better since you will keep drawing on the same vault. 

    But a 7 day doesn’t offer any more placement covers than a 3 or 4 day. So if you are a player who hits placement, you’ll lose out on some covers there. Unless I’m forgetting that you get more covers; I just remember the iso and hp rewards being the same.
    There is more iso and hp in placement in 7 day event.

    and yes, please add them back into rotation. The more variety, the better!
  • QuebbsterQuebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quebbster said:
    @Brigby- is Peggy Carter supposed to be rewarded in PvP again when she had her special PvP (and associated rewards) earlier this season? Not that I mind, but I sort of assumed she would be skipped now.

    Regarding Jessica as essential, she was due. Then it's LumberCap for the new release. Robbie should get a turn just as he is about to exit Latest Legends, but I suppose they could go with Okoye instead.

    Okoye should be the required five star in the PVE that starts June 7th, the Thursday after she gets added to latest legends
    According to my calculations, that should be the start of the next Classic cycle, so it should feature Black Widow as the essential fivestar. It's three Latest (which this time should be Jessica, Cap and Robbie since Okoye will not be in Latest when the third PvE starts (though it may only be a matter of hours if the PvE starts June 4th), then two Classic. A seven day event or a boss battle might change the schedule though.
  • udonomefooudonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    Arix90 said:
    Im glad we havent had a weeklong in a while actually harder to commit to 7 days prefer 3/4
    Me too, but we need more of them.  They need to take the 7s and trim a few days out if they're not going to run them as 7s anymore.
  • TPF AlexisTPF Alexis Posts: 3,088 Chairperson of the Boards
    I really want Enemy of the State to run again as a non-release event soon. It's the only one I still have tokens stockpiled for, and I'd like to get to cash them in.
  • jameshjamesh Posts: 1,359 Chairperson of the Boards
    I was guessing they'd save Webbed Wonder for the Spider-Man release event, or the one after where he is essential.  I'm not going to complain about it running earlier though: I can always use the Howard covers.
  • dr tinykittylovedr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    More 7 day events, more boss events, more new events, more anything different please. I'm getting really tired of the game as it is. 
  • spatenflootspatenfloot Posts: 586 Critical Contributor
    Bring back heroics
  • Player1575Player1575 Posts: 253 Mover and Shaker
    Here's hoping my 2/5/5 Howard finally gets that last green cover he needs. 
  • Smart80Smart80 Posts: 748 Critical Contributor
    edited May 2018
    Thinking about 7 day events, it probably makes sense we would get one after Webbed Wonder, with IWCap as 5ess, so we get Okoye after that. If it isnt, they would have to give Rider another go, or Okoye wont be in packs yet..

    But that would mean a 7 day event for Iron Spider release... well, guess we’ll see..
  • QuebbsterQuebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Smart80 said:
    Thinking about 7 day events, it probably makes sense we would get one after Webbed Wonder, with IWCap as 5ess, so we get Okoye after that. If it isnt, they would have to give Rider another go, or Okoye wont be in packs yet..

    But that would mean a 7 day event for Iron Spider release... well, guess we’ll see..

    I could see Sinister Six as the release event for Iron Spider. A Little weird to have two consecutive releases with boss battles, perhaps, but it would be fitting.
  • Smart80Smart80 Posts: 748 Critical Contributor
    Quebbster said:
    Smart80 said:
    Thinking about 7 day events, it probably makes sense we would get one after Webbed Wonder, with IWCap as 5ess, so we get Okoye after that. If it isnt, they would have to give Rider another go, or Okoye wont be in packs yet..

    But that would mean a 7 day event for Iron Spider release... well, guess we’ll see..

    I could see Sinister Six as the release event for Iron Spider. A Little weird to have two consecutive releases with boss battles, perhaps, but it would be fitting.
    Oh yeah, boss event also option to postpone Okoye for few days
  • HoundofShadowHoundofShadow Posts: 1,862 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2018
    They could run Crash of the Mad Titan as well, aside from 7-day event.
  • BlackBoltRocksBlackBoltRocks Posts: 2,284 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quebbster said:
    Smart80 said:
    Thinking about 7 day events, it probably makes sense we would get one after Webbed Wonder, with IWCap as 5ess, so we get Okoye after that. If it isnt, they would have to give Rider another go, or Okoye wont be in packs yet..

    But that would mean a 7 day event for Iron Spider release... well, guess we’ll see..

    I could see Sinister Six as the release event for Iron Spider. A Little weird to have two consecutive releases with boss battles, perhaps, but it would be fitting.
    I'm still kinda hoping Iron Spider will also be a 5*. The eruption on the forums would be hilarious
Sign In or Register to comment.