MPQ Sneak Peek: May 2018 Edition *Updated (5/30/18)

Comments

• justsing
    justsing Posts: 507 Critical Contributor
    Shintok17 said:
    Arix90 said:
    Im glad we havent had a weeklong in a while actually harder to commit to 7 days prefer 3/4
    Its the same thing as a 3 day and 4 day one. So it's like 2 events in one. It's the same commitment. If you play all the PVE events like most people do then it's not that different. I just like variety. I also like the rewards for them. You can't please everyone.
    It's not quite the same. Sometimes people have real life things that pop up, preventing them from playing in their usual slice for an event. It's nice to have the flexibility of changing your time slice every 3-4 days instead of 7. 

That said, I am a fan of Enemy of the State and hope to see it run soon. 
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,836 Chairperson of the Boards
    Arix90 said:
    Im glad we havent had a weeklong in a while actually harder to commit to 7 days prefer 3/4

Most players complain about 7-day events due to the time commitment for placement rewards.

Personally, it depends on the event. I absolutely hate The Hulk 7-day PVE but I'll gladly play Enemy of the State. I wouldn't mind if they broke up 7-day events into two 3/4-day Part 1/Part 2 events instead.

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,245 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2018
    There are certain advantages to players for some 7 day events. If you buy the daily deals, your odds of your hp returning a higher value item is better since you will keep drawing on the same vault. 

But a 7 day doesn’t offer any more placement covers than a 3 or 4 day. So if you are a player who hits placement, you’ll lose out on some covers there. Unless I’m forgetting that you get more covers; I just remember the iso and hp rewards being the same.

Edit:  I meant you get the same iso and HP in placement from one 7 day, as a 3&4 day together.  But you should get less covers.
  • LFChikarason
    LFChikarason Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    Quebbster said:
    @Brigby- is Peggy Carter supposed to be rewarded in PvP again when she had her special PvP (and associated rewards) earlier this season? Not that I mind, but I sort of assumed she would be skipped now.

Regarding Jessica as essential, she was due. Then it's LumberCap for the new release. Robbie should get a turn just as he is about to exit Latest Legends, but I suppose they could go with Okoye instead.

Okoye should be the required five star in the PVE that starts June 7th, the Thursday after she gets added to latest legends
  • Smart80
    Smart80 Posts: 748 Critical Contributor
    bluewolf said:
    There are certain advantages to players for some 7 day events. If you buy the daily deals, your odds of your hp returning a higher value item is better since you will keep drawing on the same vault. 

But a 7 day doesn’t offer any more placement covers than a 3 or 4 day. So if you are a player who hits placement, you’ll lose out on some covers there. Unless I’m forgetting that you get more covers; I just remember the iso and hp rewards being the same.
    There is more iso and hp in placement in 7 day event.

and yes, please add them back into rotation. The more variety, the better!
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quebbster said:
    @Brigby- is Peggy Carter supposed to be rewarded in PvP again when she had her special PvP (and associated rewards) earlier this season? Not that I mind, but I sort of assumed she would be skipped now.

Regarding Jessica as essential, she was due. Then it's LumberCap for the new release. Robbie should get a turn just as he is about to exit Latest Legends, but I suppose they could go with Okoye instead.

Okoye should be the required five star in the PVE that starts June 7th, the Thursday after she gets added to latest legends
    According to my calculations, that should be the start of the next Classic cycle, so it should feature Black Widow as the essential fivestar. It's three Latest (which this time should be Jessica, Cap and Robbie since Okoye will not be in Latest when the third PvE starts (though it may only be a matter of hours if the PvE starts June 4th), then two Classic. A seven day event or a boss battle might change the schedule though.
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    Arix90 said:
    Me too, but we need more of them.  They need to take the 7s and trim a few days out if they're not going to run them as 7s anymore.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    I really want Enemy of the State to run again as a non-release event soon. It's the only one I still have tokens stockpiled for, and I'd like to get to cash them in.
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    I was guessing they'd save Webbed Wonder for the Spider-Man release event, or the one after where he is essential.  I'm not going to complain about it running earlier though: I can always use the Howard covers.
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    More 7 day events, more boss events, more new events, more anything different please. I'm getting really tired of the game as it is. 
  • spatenfloot
    spatenfloot Posts: 660 Critical Contributor
    Bring back heroics
  • Player1575
    Player1575 Posts: 253 Mover and Shaker
    Here's hoping my 2/5/5 Howard finally gets that last green cover he needs. 
  • Smart80
    edited May 2018
    Thinking about 7 day events, it probably makes sense we would get one after Webbed Wonder, with IWCap as 5ess, so we get Okoye after that. If it isnt, they would have to give Rider another go, or Okoye wont be in packs yet..

But that would mean a 7 day event for Iron Spider release... well, guess we’ll see..
  • Quebbster
    Smart80 said:
    Thinking about 7 day events, it probably makes sense we would get one after Webbed Wonder, with IWCap as 5ess, so we get Okoye after that. If it isnt, they would have to give Rider another go, or Okoye wont be in packs yet..

But that would mean a 7 day event for Iron Spider release... well, guess we’ll see..

I could see Sinister Six as the release event for Iron Spider. A Little weird to have two consecutive releases with boss battles, perhaps, but it would be fitting.
  • Smart80
    Quebbster said:
    Smart80 said:

I could see Sinister Six as the release event for Iron Spider. A Little weird to have two consecutive releases with boss battles, perhaps, but it would be fitting.
    Oh yeah, boss event also option to postpone Okoye for few days
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2018
    They could run Crash of the Mad Titan as well, aside from 7-day event.
  • Quebbster

Sjnister Six rerun confirmed. Guess Okoye will be essential next week after all.

Also, I realized that rerunning Peggy Carter as the fourstar reward means Professor X is delayed until next week... right around the time when the next fivestar feeder should be announced. That makes him a very strong candidate, guess we will see if he is the reward for Deadpool vs MPQ or not.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    Professor X seems most likely to give out Phoenix, though I think having him double-feed Old Man Logan with XFW would be pretty appropriate as well. I have a feeling when we finally get that Gambit feeder, it'll be from Jubilee or some other bottom-tier 4* x-man rather than the Rogue everybody wants it to be. 
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Surprisingly peaceful today for an announcement. There's not much or no outcry today.   :D

I'm looking forward to the boss event. 6 June is the schedule for 4* to be served to the next 5*. Deadpool vs MPQ starts on the 3rd and ends on 7th for first slice, which fits in perfectly for the 4* essential who's going to be the feeder. If it's really Prof X, then it could be Jean Grey and I think someone mentioned ArchAngel as well?
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Professor X seems most likely to give out Phoenix, though I think having him double-feed Old Man Logan with XFW would be pretty appropriate as well. I have a feeling when we finally get that Gambit feeder, it'll be from Jubilee or some other bottom-tier 4* x-man rather than the Rogue everybody wants it to be. 
    I don't think so.  I think Phoenix is more likely to be fed by Teen Jean or Cyclops.  I suspect Prof X will feed AA or Gambit, probably AA.