MPQ Sneak Peek: May 2018 Edition *Updated (5/30/18)

Options

Comments

• gmtosca
    gmtosca Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    The Unstable Iso-8 node, will it go away after the 1st sub ends?
  • Akari
    Akari Posts: 492 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Most of the hatred of FFW comes from the special tiles just being slowwwwwww and annoying, and generally benefiting the other side more than you (though the random stun is fun when it hits them).

I hate FFW plenty, but I think Venom Bomb will always hold a special place in my heart as #1. A special, dark, ugly place, but still.
  • hunky_funky
    hunky_funky Posts: 111 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Fight for Wakanda (5/13/18) *New Update*
    Again? We just had it. Is it on regular base now? There's no more events to run? Well, that seams inevitably. Hello Ultron goons! Long time no see.
  • Kishida
    Kishida Posts: 310 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Fight for Wakanda will be the 4-day variant, I assume?
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,293 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    FFW is a 4 day event moving forward, per Brigby last time it ran.  The last sub they added wasn’t meant to be optional but a permanent part of the event (it has some more story).  Other events that vary between 3/4 days all are changed by making one of the subs 24 or 48 hours.  That said, the last sub design makes it easy to think it could be left off since there’s no extra boss node.
  • madoctor
    madoctor Posts: 292 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Well how are we supposed to know that the extra sub is a part of the story or not. It's not like we stop to read the story in "Story mode".
    Duh!
  • bluewolf
    Options
    The story text / dialogue in FFW is even sparser than normal. It’s like they decided it isn’t worth putting more effort since since we all skip it.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Is it possible that FfW might be a 7 day story event in the future with the introduction of Okoye? Has this happened before?
  • Zen
    Zen Posts: 16 Just Dropped In
    Options
    gmtosca said:
    The Unstable Iso-8 node, will it go away after the 1st sub ends?
    No it stays
  • bluewolf
    Options
    Is it possible that FfW might be a 7 day story event in the future with the introduction of Okoye? Has this happened before?
    Are you suggesting that a future run of FFW will be 7 days since we are getting another Black Panther character?  Maybe?  I was looking at the 7 day events and a most of them haven't been run in a while (Feb '18, Dec '17, Nov '17 and Sept '17 are the most recent runs of the 4 events).

FFW is the only event that had a sub added after they ran it the first time.  A couple have been modified to be 3/4 day events after being just 3 day events.  But going all the way to 7 days would surprise me, especially since I think the 7 day events are generally played less than others.

If you are asking if this particular run of FFW might be a surprise new release with added subs for Okoye, I'd say there's 0% chance of that since we already know that Shuri is being rewarded.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Preview is up in-game, FFW ends on Thursday. It's a little odd to not use it as a release event though.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    @bluewolf i was referring to adding an extra sub like what they did for Shuri. I think FfW might remain as a 4 day event, given the lineup and format.

I miss 7 day event.  :/ I think they decided with Alliance Boss Fight over 7 day events as there are more happy players in general.
  • WEBGAS
    WEBGAS Posts: 474 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Exploding tiles are the main reason of the hatred vs FFW.....please fix it!
    Ironically, it was better when the exploding tiles hit the entire team because we could counter them with Quake , but hitting only the front character has wiped away this possibility.
    Suffering 4372 LifePoints each hit is defenitely not fun  :(
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Punter1 said:
    Placement reward is Shuri. Is that meant to throw us off?  B)

Means Shuri will be featured in the Okoye release event - seems to fit, though surprised they didn't do FfW as the release event. 

PVP wise - Cage > KK > Squirrel G fits with the schedule, should be Okoye after SG.  Then in theory Angel > Switch to round out the season (if I'm counting right!)

Meanwhile, Hawkeye is enjoying his retirement or something, hanging out with Shulk in the forgotten PVP pile.

Just double-checking, Shuri's Green power would be the progression reward in the event after Fight for Wakanda, right? I'm sitting on a 5/2/5 and that's the way it looks from the rewards in Unstable ISO to F4W.
  • bluewolf
    Options
    Yes, Shuri green should be progression.

Someone wanted it to be extra challenging when they made Nico the essential 4 for FFW.  Sub 2 loaner is.....um.....taking a while.  “Thanks” for boosting all those shield tiles, Nico.
  • Smart80
    Smart80 Posts: 748 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Most annoying in FfW to me is, when neutral tile kills an almost dead enemy, denying Thanos the kill... :-(
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    *(5/14/18) Brigby - Updated Versus events, Story events, and Weekly Buffs.
  • bluewolf
    Options
    Looks like maybe a new 5 incoming Thursday.  Hope you have your GRRR covered.  (Squirrel Girl PvP starting Thursday 5/17 should reward covers for the new character if it is a 4*, but is giving Mr Fantastic.)

I hope the new 5 can end King Cajun.  But I always hope that.....
  • Smart80
    Smart80 Posts: 748 Critical Contributor
    Options
    So the insignificant sidekick Okoye is really gonna be a 5*? Well, its not another 5pidey, thats something... but even quicker after the previous 5release and a character that really doesnt have anything super or special....

im not mad, im just very .......
  • Heartbreaksoup
    Heartbreaksoup Posts: 352 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I really hoped Okoye would be a 3* to feed covers for either Shuri or 4* Panther.  :(