MPQ Sneak Peek: May 2018 Edition *Updated (5/30/18)

Options

Comments

• madoctor
    madoctor Posts: 292 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    zodiac339 said:
    Punter1 said:

Good news on PVP 3* order front - the Cap M was a bait and switch with Peggy featured.  Looks like they had Spidey early for Comic Book day.

Punisher is "correctly" next in order, then should be Hawkeye, but looks like Cage (who is after Hawkeye).  So some what back to the regular schedule.  Hawkeye might join Shulk on the forgotten pile!

Don’t worry. Hawkeye will return for Avengers 4 when they discover arrows are Thanos’ only weakness!

Are they Silver arrows..?

How would a Mercedes help?
  • calarahil
    calarahil Posts: 16 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I truly wish that for the sake of progression one of 2 things would happen for story mode. 1.) Elimination of 5 star nodes. I have at least one cover for the 5 star heroes except Gambit and this new 5 star variant Cap. Why should I be punished on placement currently sl7 or sl8. 2.) My 2nd thought should put a 2-3 month pause on throwing a 5 star into the story modes. Yanking my hair out that a brand new 5 star is thrown in and will destroy any chances at a top 10 placement
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    zodiac339 said:
    Punter1 said:

Good news on PVP 3* order front - the Cap M was a bait and switch with Peggy featured.  Looks like they had Spidey early for Comic Book day.

Punisher is "correctly" next in order, then should be Hawkeye, but looks like Cage (who is after Hawkeye).  So some what back to the regular schedule.  Hawkeye might join Shulk on the forgotten pile!

Don’t worry. Hawkeye will return for Avengers 4 when they discover arrows are Thanos’ only weakness!

Are they Silver arrows..?

Probably boomerang arrows:

• Calnexin
    Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2018
    Options
    calarahil said:
    I truly wish that for the sake of progression one of 2 things would happen for story mode. 1.) Elimination of 5 star nodes. I have at least one cover for the 5 star heroes except Gambit and this new 5 star variant Cap. Why should I be punished on placement currently sl7 or sl8. 2.) My 2nd thought should put a 2-3 month pause on throwing a 5 star into the story modes. Yanking my hair out that a brand new 5 star is thrown in and will destroy any chances at a top 10 placement
    I don't begrudge that.  This is how games work.  It's a rare chance to disrupt the status quo - the people who risked that release vault and/or spend resources to get the character in time get a temporary leg up.  With regular pulls at most you're out one or two events before you're allowed to play for top placement again.

I'd slum it in CL6 if I could, but I'll have to settle for 7.  I don't have cap yet, and only have two pulls to try for him.  I spent the last month saving up cp to direct-purchase a cover for my 5/5/2 Hawkeye.  Pretty sure I could have pulled cap with that, but instead I have a champ HE.  It was my choice to do that.  Every other player has a similar choice.  If you want to stay on the curve, you have to hoard in preparation.  If you don't want to do that, you take your lumps for an event or two until your luck comes in.
  • MissoesRicRose
    MissoesRicRose Posts: 258 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Calnexin said:
    calarahil said:
    I don't begrudge that.  This is how games work.  It's a rare chance to disrupt the status quo - the people who risked that release vault and/or spend resources to get the character in time get a temporary leg up.  With regular pulls at most you're out one or two events before you're allowed to play for top placement again.

I'd slum it in CL6 if I could, but I'll have to settle for 7.  I don't have cap yet, and only have two pulls to try for him.  I spent the last month saving up cp to direct-purchase a cover for my 5/5/2 Hawkeye.  Pretty sure I could have pulled cap with that, but instead I have a champ HE.  It was my choice to do that.  Every other player has a similar choice.  If you want to stay on the curve, you have to hoard in preparation.  If you don't want to do that, you take your lumps for an event or two until your luck comes in.
    I fully agree with "calarahil". "Calnexin" says he's being penalized for missing a 5 * character. But we all have, we invested time for this, we can be penalized to run out of the best prizes, because of players who did not reach higher levels?

Does this mean that we can lose the chance to be better placed because of those who have not yet succeeded? It would not be fair with all the players who spend time investing to reach higher levels.
  • BoyWonder1914
    BoyWonder1914 Posts: 884 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Wasn't expecting them to do this to us again after they were so generous in giving us time to get Jessica. I'm not terribly bent outta shape with this scenario, I've actually wanted a chance to go into an event without the needed 5E character so that I can actually try CL9 for once without worrying about falling short of alliance goals. Archangel I pulled on my third-to-last pull when I opened a hoard for him the day off, and I pulled Ghost Rider just in the nick of time too. Haven't been opening LTs as frequently since I chilled out on champing dupe 3s. 
  • Akari
    Akari Posts: 492 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I learned my lesson from Ghost Rider. I had 0 hoard when he entered latest tokens, and pulled over 80 times before finally getting 1 cover... and since he was required immediately after entering tokens, it means I went through that event with no GR and didn't even get T100. Yay?

Now I at least hoard a little bit so that this never happens again.
  • Nabistay
    Nabistay Posts: 146 Tile Toppler
    Options
    This boosted 4* list for this week though.. yikes.

• Shintok17
    Shintok17 Posts: 620 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Nabistay said:
    This boosted 4* list for this week though.. yikes.

It works for me. 2/10 champ 4*s I have are boosted. Mockingbird and Nightcrawler. 
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    *(5/11/18) Brigby - Updated Versus events, Story events, and Deadpool's Dailies.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Brigby said:
    *(5/11/18) Brigby - Updated Versus events, Story events, and Deadpool's Dailies.

Fight for Wakanda (5/13/18) *New Update*

Noooooooooooooooooooo! Not again with this annoying events. I think I may hate this more than Venom Bomb

• BoyWonder1914
    BoyWonder1914 Posts: 884 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Brigby said:

Fight for Wakanda (5/13/18) *New Update*

Noooooooooooooooooooo! Not again with this annoying events. I think I may hate this more than Venom Bomb

I'm 99.9% sure that they're going to use Fight For Wakanda either for Okoye's release, or her release debut so be ready for hazard tile fun again in a couple weeks!  :D
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Placement reward is Shuri. Is that meant to throw us off?  B)
  • Punter1
    Punter1 Posts: 718 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Placement reward is Shuri. Is that meant to throw us off?  B)

Means Shuri will be featured in the Okoye release event - seems to fit, though surprised they didn't do FfW as the release event. 

PVP wise - Cage > KK > Squirrel G fits with the schedule, should be Okoye after SG.  Then in theory Angel > Switch to round out the season (if I'm counting right!)

Meanwhile, Hawkeye is enjoying his retirement or something, hanging out with Shulk in the forgotten PVP pile.

• Akatosh
    Akatosh Posts: 51 Match Maker
    Options
    Ugh!! Fight for Wakanda again..... Well...this won't be fun
  • kk3thess
    kk3thess Posts: 202 Tile Toppler
    Options
    "Fight for Wakanda (5/13/18) *New Update*"

• Heartbreaksoup
    Heartbreaksoup Posts: 352 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Oh, boo.  Fight For Wakanda is the event I like the least.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Not sure why everyone hates FFW. It’s not that bad. Though I also don’t hate Venom Bomb so...
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,546 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    broll said:
    Not sure why everyone hates FFW. It’s not that bad. Though I also don’t hate Venom Bomb so...
    The irritation of Venom Bomb was basically fixed when they released Medusa and let you turn off animations. It's really not bad anymore.
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    broll said:
    While I agree, in general, it would be nice if Nico wasn’t featured AGAIN on this event, if only to avoid the annoyance of the loaner node with the shield countdowns.