1235»

Comments

• Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    CT1888 said:
    n25philly said:
    My prediction:

Thanos never actually truly won.  Anyone noticed that during the fight with Thanos on Titan at one point we get the glass shattering animation similar to when they went into the mirror universe in the Doctor Strange movie?  What if Thanos winning and killing half the universe actually happened in the mirror dimension where the real world can't be effected.  We just see Thanos thinking he won while he's really trapped giving everyone time to plan a way to truly defeat him.  Probably not,  but could make for a very different twist and keep from getting silly with resurrections.
    I saw that more as Strange trying to warp reality into the mirror universe, and Thanos, using the reality stone, saying "no"  

Gotta say that was my read too.
    Otherwise it would REALLY suck to come into the next movie and things get undone immediately as Strange says "FOOOOLLLLED YOOOOUUUUUU"

Likewise the idea of reversing time should the heroes get the stone...Isn't it established that the reversable time is finite? Like how you can't rewind a cassette to before the start of the movie (Now all you generation Zs are gonna ask what a cassette is).

I've agreed for years that it sucks Marvel's announced the movie plans so far in advance. Gone are the days when we finish watching a movie, see the after credits scene and hear Samuel L Jackson talk about the Avengers initiative. Or seeing Coleson find some mysterious hammer in the desert and thunder claps afterwards. We already know why's coming back.

Though that doesn't mean everyone's coming back, I guess.
  • BearVenger
    BearVenger Posts: 453 Mover and Shaker
    edited May 2018
    Options
    I bet Killmonger really wants to take back that "No Surrender" policy in light of what happened.

Also, In this world of digital distribution, I would love for Deadpool 2 to jam in a quick scene of Wade and Colossus at the breakfast table.

"How'd your date go last light, big guy?"

"Women, they keep flaking out on me..."

"Keep it together, big guy."
  • Bigtone
    Bigtone Posts: 30 Just Dropped In
    Options
    At the beginning of the New York battle.....I can't fighre out exactly what Dr. Strange did with the spell he did at the Q ship and it looked like wind shot out at it. Then he winked at Stark.....what exactly did that do?
  • Screen Monkey
    Screen Monkey Posts: 123 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Bigtone said:
    At the beginning of the New York battle.....I can't fighre out exactly what Dr. Strange did with the spell he did at the Q ship and it looked like wind shot out at it. Then he winked at Stark.....what exactly did that do?
    He blocked the turbulence caused by the space ship that was throwing debris about
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I was a tiny bit disappointed that we didn't get the Awesome Facial Hair Bros.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I was a tiny bit disappointed that we didn't get the Awesome Facial Hair Bros.
    We haven't had the Avengers battle cry yet! I'd actually be more annoyed if they did Awesome Facial Hair Bros before that!
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Hey anyone else get a laugh about Starlord referencing Jesus in a movie that ends with a 'rapture'? Thanos .... not the savior you were hoping for, but the only one you're gonna get ... until next year!
    I was also kind of thinking that in the post-credits scene, there should have been a "Come the Rapture, this car will be driverless" bumper sticker on the car in front of Fury and Hill ;)