MCU: Avengers | Infinity War ***SPOILERS***

Options

Comments

• gmtosca
    gmtosca Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Tony is growing up and learning from his mistakes.  I mean, he's being all adultish and level-headed when he was trying to talk sense into Quill about not getting emotional and executing the plan before whaling on Thanos.

I mean, it was only a few years ago in Siberia, where he lost his cool, and just wanted to kill Bucky.  Progress.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Speaking of being mad at Quill, also kind of mad at Thor for wanting a triumph over Thanos instead of just defeating him, and thus failing. I mean, I know the structure of the story sort of required it, but still.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I liked the idea of Hulk being too scared to come out to play.

I want to go see it again, in 3D this time, but here there's only one showing per day, at one cinema, compared to 20+ normal showings per day around Wellington.

• TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    How do we get from the postcredit end scene of Ragnarok with Thor/Loki convo to the beginning of Infinity War? Where are Korg, Miek, and Valkyrie? Maybe I just missed something 
    They pretty much just skipped that fight. The Post-credits scene ended with Thanos's ship showing up in front of the Asgardians'. Korg, Miek, and Valkyrie got killed off-screen.

- Honestly I thought that Groot would heal Thor but instead he made the Stormbreaker handle which then somehow healed Thor from 3rd degree burns? Wasn't too sure how that works but okay.

The impression I got was that Stormbreaker amplifies Thor's inherent powers, but it has to be a single whole to do that. Just the parts won't work. So Stormbreaker didn't heal Thor, but it boosted his powers to the point where he could heal himself. Or at least, that was how it played to me.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    - I don't think it's a mistake to asume that this is the exact scenario in which Strange saw the heroes win. This had to happen. Not sure how important Captain Marvel is in the grand scheme of things tho, is it possible that Thanos himself will revert what he has done? I don't know. To me he appeared to be more humane than I imagined, so maybe that's possible. Or not. I guess we'll have to wait and see. 

Strange's last words "It was the only way" suggest to me that Tony Stark is the crux of all things, somehow.

Strange said earlier he'd let both Stark and Parker die without hessitation if it meant protecting the Time stone. And then suddenly he trade's it and half the population of the universe just to save Stark's life? There's literally no reason for him to do that unless all other 14 million failed attempts involved Stark dying before he was able to do what he needed to.

And my guess is.........

He's gonna help Carol Danvers with her alcoholism so she gets the focus to fight and kill Thanos to death. Yippee!!

• gmtosca
    gmtosca Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Valkyrie (and Shuri) were supposed to get killed but since the response to them were very great, the Russos & Feige probably decided to edit around their "deaths."  So that Valkyrie and Korg were probably in another ship (the Grandmaster's) and you can see how Shuri just disappears from the action when Glaive attacks the lab.
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,410 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Dragon_Nexus said:
    Strange's last words "It was the only way" suggest to me that Tony Stark is the crux of all things, somehow.
    It was actually, “there’s no other way”.

a lot of speculation around everyone trapped in the soul stone. One of the earlier promotion had Tony lined up with the soul stone. He could be the only one to release them all. 
  • MysterB
    MysterB Posts: 25 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I just want to see Carol Danvers and Nova give Thanos the business! How funny would it be if Thanos gets rocked by then two and says F this. I’ll rewind time so this never happens and calls his crusade quits. Lmfao
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,410 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Thanos aim is to kill 50% of the universe. However, he have been halving population on some planets already (eg Gamora and Drax). So after the snap, those planets got halved again!
  • talleman
    talleman Posts: 444 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Pongie said:
    Thanos aim is to kill 50% of the universe. However, he have been halving population on some planets already (eg Gamora and Drax). So after the snap, those planets got halved again!
    Yeah and what if the population is odd numbers? That one dude got crippled and went into a coma?
  • Screen Monkey
    Screen Monkey Posts: 123 Tile Toppler
    Options
    talleman said:
    Pongie said:
    Yeah and what if the population is odd numbers? That one dude got crippled and went into a coma?
    What if it is 50% on average across the whole universe, statistically some planets would be completely decimated while others remain untouched.
  • talleman
    talleman Posts: 444 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Phumade said:
    talleman said:
    Pongie said:
    What if it is 50% on average across the whole universe, statistically some planets would be completely decimated while others remain untouched.
    exactly we all know about RNG, 5/5/0 builds and 10 of the same colors in a row.  
    What if Thanos was one of them 50% who died? That would have been ironic would it not?
  • Polly_P1
    Polly_P1 Posts: 99 Match Maker
    Options
    I think having Hulk get his tiny kitty kicked at the start and then cower the rest of the film is going to play a huge part in part 4.  His redemption is going to be fun to watch. I thought the guardians stole the moments they where in, sometimes in a bad way, but mostly good.  
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Pongie said:
    Dragon_Nexus said:
    It was actually, “there’s no other way”.

a lot of speculation around everyone trapped in the soul stone. One of the earlier promotion had Tony lined up with the soul stone. He could be the only one to release them all. 

It's something that occured to me, we saw Thanos use the power of every stone in the gauntlet excet for Mind (didn't need it at that point, since it was the last one) and Soul.

He never used the Soul Stone as far as I'm aware. So you could be right.
  • laughingMAN
    laughingMAN Posts: 65 Match Maker
    Options
    fmftint said:
    Can't get emotionally invested in meaningless deaths,  anyone who's read the source material knows everything Thanos has done will be erased once they take the gauntlet from him
    Alternate take: The emotional importance isn't so much in the "deaths" of the newer characters, but rather in the fact that it conveniently sweeps them aside so Avengers 4 can focus on giving the original MCU roster "one last hurrah" before all their contracts are up.  
  • Chrono_Tata
    Chrono_Tata Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    edited April 2018
    Options
    I think Ant-Man is going to be a key player in Avengers 4. I agree with the theory that the souls of 50% of the universe killed by the Gauntlet are trapped in the Soul Stone, and Pim's technology will let them shrink into the Soul Stone realm and either rescue them or mount an attack from inside the Gauntlet. I don't think it's a coincidence that Ant-Man and the Wasp is coming out between Avengers 3 and 4. The other movie coming out during that is Captain Marvel and she's already hinted to be a key player.

But yeah, I don't think the ending is so much supposed to be an emotional moment, in the sense that I'm sure most of the audience know those characters are pretty likely to be coming back, it's more of the movie showing the extent of the Infinity Gauntlet's power and upping the stakes for the remaining heroes.