Behind the scenes of a "Winning Alliance" - The X-Men

Options

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    I think there is one. icon_e_smile.gif They haven't replaced me as yet. They need 19000 points to be #1, you'll have to work hard.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Ghast wrote:
    Let's just all pat ourselves on the back for going six whole pages without invoking Godwin's law. Hurrah for us!

Does that mean we have to worry about someone targeting the X-Poles next?
  • Unknown
    Options
    ok guys don't you think this has gone on for a while now, you separated the kids get to see you both in ROOSTERS (lol rosters), you kept your hp (50/50) down the middle. you may go find someone else to sleep with (screen flick for your alliance to match 3).
  • Unknown
    Options
    ZenBrillig wrote:
    arktos1971 wrote:
    LMAO - That was excellent. Sorry if that was not supposed to be VERY funny.

On a side note, I just noticed something. Klingsor's reputation on the forum is +138 and Nazarith -4. Nothing more to add.

Since the mods aren't doing anything to keep the forum from becoming a tinykitty match for alliances, rep is pretty much worthless now.

Everyone hush, the mods are here and they brought their banhammer with them! Please be on your best behavior! Hey Lord Dsylexic, we have a spot in the DeadlyOmens if you want back in.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Teke184 wrote:
    Ghast wrote:
    Let's just all pat ourselves on the back for going six whole pages without invoking Godwin's law. Hurrah for us!

Does that mean we have to worry about someone targeting the X-Poles next?

First they came for the Social Club (4/5, private) and I did not speak out - because I was not in the Social Club.
    Then they came for the Union Strikers (5/5, public), and I did not speak out - because I was not in the Union Strikers.
    Then they came for The Jew Squad (8/8, public) and I did not speak out - because I was not in The Jew Squad.
    Then they came for Me - but alliances cannot have two-letter names so they left empty-handed.
  • Unknown
    Options
    LoreNYC wrote:
    wait wait wait, is this bejeweled with spiderman? or candy crush with spiderman?

I can't decide

Lines with Wolverine. icon_lol.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    beemand2g wrote:
    MTGOFerret wrote:
    I still got a lot of reading up to do in the thread but this was too good to pass up...
    beemand2g wrote:
    The devs should never be hammered for not giving people the chance to build roosters it's a easy cop out.

But,but,but i wanna build roosters too!!! icon_cry.gif

lol darn I thought nemek was the only one who picked up on it lol

you know people are at war when they miss that gaff

Imma a Ferret AND in Django you full well know it'd be completely remiss of me to neglect such a wonderful comment icon_eek.gif

However to comment on the whole how top 5 alliances operate.

Sure that any super competitive alliances might/can operate like that has been explained this in some form or fashion.
    But overall i think it's more likely to happen to the pick up groups such as 5DV and Xmen.
    I'm reasonably sure that S.H.I.E.L.D. doesn't only because they were hand picked here on the forums by friends for friends so they jelled as a group of friends naturally would.
    as for the other 2 top 5 alliances?

Dead pool Tacos were a pay to enter Pick up group and so far have been doing pretty well. I'm not going to act like i know their exact origins and philosophy but overall they seems to be a fun group of people who much like us just play the game to have fun and live with where we end up which ends up all things considered is apparently being pretty competitive.

Us in Django.
    Other then my outburst that one time because i felt like that the person was being outright disrespectful ( not going into it here)
    We generally focus on well if you've been here on the forums at all you see all the wacky and mostly admittedly off topic posts , we're about having as much fun as we can and we just lucked out into having a great group of people who also tend to relatively competitive as well icon_twisted.gif (other then IceIX... we just him fetch the rest of us sammich's while we play icon_rolleyes.gif
  • HailMary
    HailMary Posts: 2,179
    Options
    MTGOFerret wrote:
    Us in Django.
    Other then my outburst that one time because i felt like that the person was being outright disrespectful ( not going into it here)
    We generally focus on well if you've been here on the forums at all you see all the wacky and mostly admittedly off topic posts , we're about having as much fun as we can and we just lucked out into having a great group of people who also tend to relatively competitive as well icon_twisted.gif (other then IceIX... we just him fetch the rest of us sammich's while we play icon_rolleyes.gif
    Heh, yep, we like to have fun screwing around (not like that), and happen to kick **** along the way. icon_e_biggrin.gif

By now, Ice owes us each, like, 3000 reubens and a free 3* cover with the scores he puts up. icon_lol.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    I can testify they are a fun bunch lol
  • Unknown
    Options
    klingsor wrote:
    ZenBrillig wrote:
    arktos1971 wrote:
    LMAO - That was excellent. Sorry if that was not supposed to be VERY funny.

On a side note, I just noticed something. Klingsor's reputation on the forum is +138 and Nazarith -4. Nothing more to add.

Since the mods aren't doing anything to keep the forum from becoming a tinykitty match for alliances, rep is pretty much worthless now.

Everyone hush, the mods are here and they brought their banhammer with them! Please be on your best behavior! Hey Lord Dsylexic, we have a spot in the DeadlyOmens if you want back in.

You keep calling me Lord and I'll join whatever alliance you want buddy. icon_e_wink.gif

Dunno why you're attacking me though, I said no hard feelings, I edited any post that had public ill manners toward you. I like to think of us as square baby.
  • Unknown
    Options
    arktos1971 wrote:
    Earlier on, a member was proud to announce he was spending $200 a week on boosts

So I pretty much just skimmed this topic and this is the thing that stood out to me. It seems the members of X-men have more money than sense as they are wasting 200$ a week on boosts in order to get an extra 150HP from every tournament? If only there was some sort of store where you could just buy the iso and HP you need... icon_rolleyes.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    Though he addressed you on the same line, I don't think the beginning of the sentence was against you.

He was too lazy to change line probably icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • danikalil
    danikalil Posts: 502
    Options
    Ghast wrote:
    I feel Ark's pain. My alt just got kicked out of a 2-person public Alliance because they want "someone who can win."

Best of luck to them and their hopes for a top 2500 finish in God of Lies. icon_e_biggrin.gif

THANK YOU for laughing out loud. After a hard day at work, this is a blessing.
  • franckynight
    franckynight Posts: 582 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I never thought such extremes could be reached for a match-3 game.. Dont know if this whole story is true.. But should it be, its insane.. Absurd.. Wow..
  • Unknown
    Options
    It is. Sadly.
  • Unknown
    Options
    This should come as no surprise to anyone who's played in any competitive game where guild or alliances are allowed....WoW, EQ, CoD, DoTA, LoL, etc.

The only surprise I find is people getting surprised at how competitive it is. I guess there are a lot more casuals playing in the F2P market for sure. Any serious gamer understands what happened to Arktos is par for the course.
  • Unknown
    Options
    This is where I announce ive been wanting to become a part of Djangos Tacopool forever now.
  • Unknown
    Options
    icon_e_biggrin.gif
    klingsor wrote:
    nazerith wrote:
    Blah Blah Blah Blah

There is no reason for the people of MPQ to unite against the x-men, either they will eventually find success or they will implode. I have no interest in having vendettas against you guys so if you can refrain from attacking me that would be great. Heck, changing your attitude might help you finish top 2 for a change, more than spending all your cash on shields will. Tell you what, if you manage to not attack me personally for 24hrs, i will personally throw you a bone and let you finish #2 in Loki pvp. Just 24hrs, and you can finally see something other than "Nice work. Your alliance was a top 50 finisher in EVERY PVP EVER"
    Read the quote you incompetent fool! (Attempt to close the thread) it says I don't know the names of the people so I'm not calling anyone names moron. (Second attempt). As far as bashing you for 24 for hours no problem I'll book your mom for a while (3rd attempt). Sent your whole alliance to attack me at one time I got the ss to prove it, and you speak of just casual players. Please. I'm half tempted to post a video I saw one day about 5 Dingy tryhards, needles to say it seemed fitting. You should really thank this fool for your win last night, you owe it to him.

Mod Note: User warned for flaming/flamebaiting
  • Unknown
    Options
    I soooo see an MPQ episode of little bunny fu fu incomming.

inspired_by_little_bunny_foofoo-95llkp-d.jpg
  • Unknown
    Options
    Mizake wrote:
    This should come as no surprise to anyone who's played in any competitive game where guild or alliances are allowed....WoW, EQ, CoD, DoTA, LoL, etc.

The only surprise I find is people getting surprised at how competitive it is. I guess there are a lot more casuals playing in the F2P market for sure. Any serious gamer understands what happened to Arktos is par for the course.

That's true. I never was appealed by WoW nor LoL...

My friend told me he was not surprised. But I would not expect that from a Make 3. Learning something here.
This discussion has been closed.