Behind the scenes of a "Winning Alliance" - The X-Men

Options

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    locked wrote:
    Not going to comment on X-Men's inner workings, but if you joined Ace of Blades, kudos! That's the single alliance I'd go to if I were stranded alone somehow!

It has been done this morning icon_e_smile.gif
    laoahpeh wrote:
    devil's advocate observation
    a) while it's fun for me to read gossips, it's never advisable to wash your dirty linens in public.

Wanted to shed a light on some ugly ways of behaving with this game. Really I did not think that could be possible, otherwise I would not have joined. As I said Johnny is very manipulative. The kind of cool guy whom you'd like to trust quickly. Wanted also to warn other guys before they could join the team. I think it will be helpful.
    laoahpeh wrote:
    b) you should have know you need to perform when you applied to X-Men. not surprised when they kick you for failing to make the mark.

I made it clear what I was doing and was willing to join at the beginning of Season 2 (as I level at least one more char each week, and I would have a maxed 3* Daken by then, call me naive if you wish). Johnny should NOT have accepted me if he wanted me to go as high as 1300+ in pvp (what's the use of going up to 1300+ in those conditions, just to win a few covers you already have and a few ISO ? Or just for the sake of showing the rest of the world you have the biggest D**K ?
    laoahpeh wrote:
    c) why apply to SHIELD when you cannot/notwillingto be competitive? it just felt greedy and put SHIELD in a spot now that you announced this publicly.

Who knows exactly what competitive in MPQ means ? What's the definition of being competitive in MPQ ?

I applied because I just thought that with a big roster such as mine (11 maxed 3* chars, all except one 1* and 2* maxed) and the time I am spending on the game, and LT/BP/Spidey at Max, I could do it, just by playing. And not spending some more $$$ in boosts and health packs. See my point ? It was just assumption. I did not realize what it implied to reach 1300+ in pvp. Now I know, unless SHIELD or tacos explain to me they play differently and they reach the same level in pvps. (As I perform very well in PVE)
    SHIELD have profiles with less season points and smaller roster than mine. Same for every team in the Top 4. Why should I think I could not do it then ? I'm #16/5000 in Season 1. Top 10-20 in my bracket for each pvp, Top 1-5 for the PVEs. Isn't that competitive ?

I would be very interested to read the point of SHIELD and Tacos.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Honestly, i find all those quotes kinda cool.

X-Men are fighting for second spot. Hate towards 5dv? Maybe, but I read it as: "winning over 5dv is a priority. Attacking their members directly is a win/win situation - they lose pts, we get pts."

And the way johny's saying all this? He's the leader. He's trying to motivate His people.

Seriously, go watch 300 or Braveheart.

As for the OP - I find sharing it with us very low.
    Competetiveness. Taking the game very seriously. What's wrong with that? Being serious about a game doesn't mean one can't have fun out of it.

Satisfaction - this word has as many meanings as many people there are. And we should respect that.
  • Kiamodo
    Kiamodo Posts: 423 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Nothing wrong with it. It will however lead to burn out and slowly erode the casual hardcore base. What I like about this game is being the top 1-10 has little effect on rewards. Top 50 alliance usually get the same awards as top 10 and this allows a ton of teams to play and be simi competitive. Everyone wants to win. It's a good thing that what makes this game successful is the joining of like minded players. Wanna go hardcore and spend tons of money? Sure. Wanna play a ton and earn ISO to level up. Awesome. There is a big tent at the top. I say the more the merrier.
  • Unknown
    Options
    So yea seasons will be over in 7 days.
  • Unknown
    Options
    a) noted.
    b) it was obvious to me that X-Men is an extremely competitive alliance with members scoring 1100 n above regularly. I would not have joined them if I can't score in that range consistently. With the **** covers, many including myself are playing just for the season score, in your words, for the sake of biggest d**k. It's true, I admit it.
    c) you certainly have the roster to be a fierce competitor. Many alliances would love to have your scores. IMO 5dv n Xmen placed winning as priority. SHIELD banded together in the beginning as a cartel of elites and thereafter loyalty becomes a priority for them.

Anyway this is not my battle. The way I see it, there is a difference of expectation between you and Xmen. You should have just quit them once you noticed the douchebaggery. Yet you asked to stay on while you look for another alliance. That is not fair to any alliance, much less a supercompetitive one like Xmen.
  • Unknown
    Options
    chadds wrote:

At least until AceofDjangosTacos is formed! icon_evil.gif
    Honestly I was gonna join Deadpooltacos at the beginning cuz I'm such a huge Deadpool fan, but you had no available slot at that moment, so I applied to 5dV. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    laoahpeh wrote:
    Anyway this is not my battle. The way I see it, there is a difference of expectation between you and Xmen. You should have just quit them once you noticed the douchebaggery. Yet you asked to stay on while you look for another alliance. That is not fair to any alliance, much less a supercompetitive one like Xmen.

That's what I offered in the very beginning of the argument. I offered to quit. It was misunderstood (that's not his fault though, online chat does not give true intentions) as threats and blackmail. It was not.

In my way of seeing things, Teams are Top 1-5 because they play a lot, and have good rosters. and have a homogeneous Alliance. That's why I was appealed at first. I thought they had my philosophy and they had better roster than mine.

Johnny said I was promising, doesn't that mean something ? A promise is something to become, not to be. He was just under a lot of stress because of the Rag PvP, because he was willing to win at all costs.

Being Number 1 can be good on MPQ to get the 4* covers, and I fought a couple of times for that, improving my skills. But other than that, I'm not interested in being number one for the sake of burrying a team. Challenging excellency (such as most of the Top 5 teams) is indeed exciting. But in the onslaught manner, not really. I would not choose a Make3 game to do so honestly.

I've played Magic the Gathering for a couple of years (and still a collector), you can call that a struggle for excellency. Guys there have no life, but hey, they do not behave like this.
  • DecoyDuck
    DecoyDuck Posts: 620
    Options
    As a casual observer, the level of coordination and communication in X-Men seem unreal. It's both inspiring and terrifying. Our alliance jokes about coordinated attacks and we only imagine how it is to goes down... so it's like this?
  • Unknown
    Options
    Shields forming has so many stories to it and I won't tell you the inner workings of it lol but we were not formed of just elite pedigree half us i am pretty sure no one knew. We just had to get to 1400 plus or Nemek would scold us with melted HP. True story
  • Unknown
    Options
    Have no doubt about how **** you must have felt. But its always ugly at the top. Do join the other alliances. I bet you will have more fun.
  • Unknown
    Options
    A chat room with 50 people, and your phone sends you alerts every 10 seconds.

Nazireth coordinates the recruiting of new guys and it seems endless as many guys quit. (he is the brains and soul of this Team really, he has more cold blood and is a hard worker). This is a highly stressful situation. I had a sleepless night.

I started playing a lot as I was under a lot of stress at work... Did not need that. I manage 130 people, the company would go bankrupt if I was treating people that way to make them work.

I am chatting with a French guy from Scarfighters and I was commenting what was going on. I told him I felt like a **** being trained by pimps. That's a bit the feeling I had.

Thanks to that we are becoming good pals. icon_e_smile.gif
  • Maestro145
    Maestro145 Posts: 58
    Options
    laoahpeh wrote:
    I bet you will have more fun.

You cannot really imagine how fun is it to fight for top 2!
  • Unknown
    Options
    beemand2g wrote:
    Shields forming has so many stories to it and I won't tell you the inner workings of it lol but we were not formed of just elite pedigree half us i am pretty sure no one knew. We just had to get to 1400 plus or Nemek would scold us with melted HP. True story

Do tell! Do tell!

Storytelling.jpg
  • Unknown
    Options
    Maestro145 wrote:
    laoahpeh wrote:

Lol. Everyone has his own poison.
  • Unknown
    Options
    laoahpeh wrote:
    beemand2g wrote:

Do tell! Do tell!

Storytelling.jpg

Tell us your best washing powder to wash dirty linen in public icon_e_smile.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    Maestro145 wrote:
    laoahpeh wrote:

Maestro : Can you honestly tell us that 5D behaves the same as X-Men ?
  • Maestro145
    Maestro145 Posts: 58
    edited May 2014
    Options
    arktos1971 wrote:
    Maestro145 wrote:
    laoahpeh wrote:

We never kick a person for bad points. Top players advise, teach and now our sister alliance finished 4th!!!
    If you have issues with jobs, family... we will transfer you to sister alliances.

And we spent way less money icon_e_wink.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    arktos1971 wrote:
    Maestro145 wrote:
    laoahpeh wrote:

We're actually quite supporting of each other in our chat and have a pretty nice community of people.

Yes, the occasional drama can happen, but overall I am very glad to be a part of 5D.
  • Unknown
    Options
    We just needed an alliance so beezer took us bunch of misfits and nobodies and Nemek and wyp got some more misfits and nobodies and thus shield was formed. We are probably the most disorganised bunch of players, we don't even know who will be entering events lol. It's simple just climb and see where we end up.
  • Arogntbastrd
    Arogntbastrd Posts: 1,009 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    locked wrote:
    Not going to comment on X-Men's inner workings, but if you joined Ace of Blades, kudos! That's the single alliance I'd go to if I were stranded alone somehow!

You would be our queen! icon_e_biggrin.gif Someday...
This discussion has been closed.