Behind the scenes of a "Winning Alliance" - The X-Men

Options

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    Thanks for making things clear Klingson. It's good to understand why they should hate you so much when there is no reason.

I see you left nothing random icon_e_smile.gif Members of your Alliances must enjoy that.
  • Unknown
    Options
    This is a pretty funny post. It's crazy how people will try to bring the x-men down. Jonny is a great commander and doesn't put pressure on any of our alliance members. I've been going thru personal issues in real life and he offered to help me thru them as a great leader would. What do u expect when joining a top team? U think it's going to be a walk in the park? It's the fun in the competition that makes this game what it is today. I love the fact that 5dv makes the competition more competitive by trash talking, you make us happy to know you think about us icon_e_smile.gif It's all the fun In the game. Hats off to shield, they're a great alliance and im looking forward to compete amongst the best. If anyone who reads this post were to actually have a conversation with jonny would know he's a great person and leader.
  • Unknown
    Options
    IVPlay wrote:
    This is a pretty funny post. It's crazy how people will try to bring the x-men down. Jonny is a great commander and doesn't put pressure on any of our alliance members. I've been going thru personal issues in real life and he offered to help me thru them as a great leader would. What do u expect when joining a top team? U think it's going to be a walk in the park? It's the fun in the competition that makes this game what it is today. I love the fact that 5dv makes the competition more competitive by trash talking, you make us happy to know you think about us icon_e_smile.gif It's all the fun In the game. Hats off to shield, they're a great alliance and im looking forward to compete amongst the best. If anyone who reads this post were to actually have a conversation with jonny would know he's a great person and leader.

Sounds like your talking about the leader of a cult lol
  • Unknown
    Options
    IVPlay wrote:

He definitely is as long as you are devoted to his ambition. If you contradict him you get destroyed.
  • Unknown
    edited May 2014
    Options
    I have no qualm against any alliance; I congratulated everyone who took place, and I fiercely enjoy the competition between the top 3 alliances. S.H.I.E.L.D is, well, S.H.I.E.L.D, and 5DV is a great alliance. I have the biggest respect for pretty much everyone in there, and they all know that when I left, it wasn't with me pissing all over every single member, I just didn't agree with a direction it was going, and some harsh words were privately said between Klingsor and I, but that's in the past.

From here on out, it's just all of us fighting for the top 3. In chat, yes, one or two of those linked messages were from me. Was me egging on my alliance mates to target Venom members ill-intended? No. They were simply in number 2, and it made the most sense to try and bounce some of them down while boosting us. In the end, the best alliances took the top 2 places in a very close match again, and really, it was an exciting close to another tournament.

We're working towards snagging some of those top 2 finishes away from S.H.I.E.L.D or 5DV, and those of us that went to 1300, 1400 did so not because of Johnny holding some flaming whip and cracking it on our backs, it's because those of us playing in this alliance enjoy pushing for our alliance, and personally, I enjoy it immensely. I still have only put 5$ on this game for hero slots back when I started, so this "pay to win" is kinda nonsense. I'm still sitting on HP stocks that I've been accumulating since pre-daily rewards.

Arktos, Johnny offered you a spot on X2 when it was clear that your personal goals were not aligned with the goals of the overall alliance. Honestly, if you had stayed, those goals would still not be aligned. I sincerely hope you find an alliance suiting to your needs, and wish you the best.

See you on the battlefield buddy icon_twisted.gif

Edit: Hell, I still send Facebook rewards to a lot of the Venoms. One of my roommates is a Toxin. Here's 250 ISO Lycra! icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    whoa, i am sure there will be more sh*tstorm once x-men responds. icon_e_smile.gif

Firstly, with all due respect,

@arktos1971

you used the "naive" several times in your earlier posts so I am going to go with that. YES, this is competitive gaming. Hopefully you won't be naive after this experience. icon_e_smile.gif

It's a terrible idea to air the dirty linen in public; I can't imagine which alliance would really want to have you: who knows you might air dirty lines (or alliance strategic secrets) in public again!

(Maybe you are new to gaming forums too)

I am in the 5Deadlyalliances, I was previously in ETC alliance. I have spent time in 5deadlyomens, 5deadlyvenoms and 5deadlypoisons shared group chat and the guys and leaders and top players are nothing short of stellar. They are amazing. wait, We are amazing.

Yes, yes, there are disagreements at times, but hey, we are humans, right? Behind every post/chat is a real human.

Maybe all of us dream of rainbows and ponies BFF4ever when we join an alliance, but if one wants to join a competitive alliance (read: top 100), please expect some degree of work and effort and co-ordination. This message goes out to young forum users too. Adulthood makes adults mean, so please join a 'friendlier' alliance of like-minded people, maybe fellow teens/kids.

It's not commanders' fault; not your fault, it's just how the world rolls (in its own sh*t).

And players with decent rosters who wants to be part of a great team should consider joining the 5deadly brotherhood. You'll get to learn from fellow more experienced players who are willing to teach and share. Not meant as a poke but reading the OP dampened me a little: my childhood image of heroic X-men from the 90s cartoon was totally shattered. icon_e_smile.gif

5deadlyvenoms never preached that we were going to be model Boy Scouts or flower-toting fairies. icon_e_smile.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    @ Raphael : I've been offered positions several times since I posted. Not the worst icon_e_smile.gif

I am straightforward, and I don't mind discussing, arguing, but there I was left no choice to explain myself in front of the Alliance, I was also kicked out of the chat room.

@ Dslyexic : You started the game early, so you had the opportunity and time to build a strong roster over time. Also a time when HP was easier to get. You now know that is not the case anymore. They release one 3* character every second week, needing 150k ISO and 13 covers.

A friend of mine started the game a few days after me, he decided not to pay a dime, only to new roster slots. He stopped, because it's impossible now to play decently without paying a lot.

Thanks for your 2 cts anyway.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I have to disagree with you there as I have played game from launch you can now get a single 2* cover from doing 1 fight in PVP you know how hard I worked to get mn mags purple lol. To level my rooster I had to grind for 20iso on lvl 1 nodes in prologue as there weren't as many events back then. I had my **** handed to me so many times by pre nerf rags, c storms and Thor when I only had 1*s. A lot of newbies want instant success in this game that don't happen. You have to work hard or pay. The devs should never be hammered for not giving people the chance to build roosters it's a easy cop out.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I would disagree. This game is getting easier to play for new players. With 2* covers given out as random rewards.

Edit: Beee said it better
  • Unknown
    Options
    arktos1971 wrote:
    @ Raphael : I've been offered positions several times since I posted. Not the worst icon_e_smile.gif

I am straightforward, and I don't mind discussing, arguing, but there I was left no choice to explain myself in front of the Alliance, I was also kicked out of the chat room.

@ Dslyexic : You started the game early, so you had the opportunity and time to build a strong roster over time. Also a time when HP was easier to get. You now know that is not the case anymore. They release one 3* character every second week, needing 150k ISO and 13 covers.

A friend of mine started the game a few days after me, he decided not to pay a dime, only to new roster slots. He stopped, because it's impossible now to play decently without paying a lot.

Thanks for your 2 cts anyway.

It's not "impossible." If you're looking to whine and just find supporters, then you're only accomplishing one of those goals. It's not impossible to build a strong roster in the current game, nor to build a stock of HP, I have a max 3* Thor without paying for a single cover with HP. You can either whine, or play the same game every single other person is given. I had 9k HP about 6 months ago, I now have 11K, and that's after spending somewhere around 600 HP last night. You're making excuses, but honestly, I took large breaks from the game prior to alliances and my roster is only 5 maxed characters, yet I'm still very competitive.

Honestly, you've proven you just want to whine. HP is more available now than before, in the form of alliance rewards and personal placement. Hell, every sub has an opportunity to win HP. Don't claim to know what I know, because what I know is much more intelligent than your base understanding of this game, and you've proven that time and time again.

I recall you throwing around that you've applied for shield and had offers from them and other top 5 alliances. I can't speak for those alliances, but publicly displaying a private chat from an alliance and bashing them in multiple posts where everyone can see, and the knowledge you've displayed in your posts, is not a very "enticing" offer.

That, would be my 2 cents.

Edit: Thanks Beee, for nullifying my post. icon_e_wink.gif But yeah, exactly what he said.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I read that on the forum lately. I read that they cut the prizing (HP) because some had found opportunities to win a lot. I may have misunderstood then.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I feel Ark's pain. My alt just got kicked out of a 2-person public Alliance because they want "someone who can win."

Best of luck to them and their hopes for a top 2500 finish in God of Lies. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    Ghast wrote:
    I feel Ark's pain. My alt just got kicked out of a 2-person public Alliance because they want "someone who can win."

Best of luck to them and their hopes for a top 2500 finish in God of Lies. icon_e_biggrin.gif
    This is the best thing I have read in this thread! It was worth going all the way to the end!

Kicked out of a two person public alliance because they were looking for someone who could win!

ROFL!
  • Unknown
    Options
    Ghast wrote:

original?v=mpbl-1&px=-1
  • Unknown
    edited May 2014
    Options
    "I have walkyourpath for 27, reckless for 41 and captain ameruka for 25, that last one is personal"

This was my line, I got hit 4 straight times, 2 of those while unshielded and 2 while shielded, all of those by ameruka, of course i'm taking it personal, I wanted to kick his **** for hitting me so often, and even though I found matches that offered more points I wanted some payback.

And by saying reckless for 41 and wyp for 27 I was letting my alliance members know that a direct competitor was open for attacks, that's how it works at the top, get as many points as you can and hit whoever is at the top to try and catch them up.

eddu
  • Unknown
    Options
    I've got pretty cool pms today, with nice offers for Alliances and tips to improve.

Frankly, that made me very happy as some understood the efforts I made in the last 100 days icon_e_smile.gif Thanks again to them icon_e_smile.gif

I must say the Godlike team helped me improve my PVE skills tremendously when I was there.

And now, Bonfire and the guys show a lot of patience in Ace of Blades to help me improve my pvp icon_e_smile.gif I'm sure it will work. I don't mind playing slowly (i.e. Spidey)
  • Unknown
    Options
    First off I love this tread, it talks about how things are at the top it's not easy it's the thrill of competition, about going above and beyond until the last second, it's a rush. With that said it's not for everyone we work hard and spend a ton of hp shielding we hope that everyone on the team is in it to win it. Many people want to be in a top 10 alliances what's it take? Time resources and an never quit attitude. It's clearly, that the gentleman that wrote this post lacks those qualities, so we both agreed X1 was not for him, I offered him a spot in X2 witch is a top 20 alliance. His response is I'll let you know tomorrow by 4. Sorry bub, ur less than 24 hours in and you don't want to be part of the team vision and you want to tell me let me see if I can find something better first because you have many alliances approaching you! Good luck on your quest clearly not the right attitude I think any top alliance wants, a floater with minimal effort maximum gain attitude. The fact you feel the need to create a flame post only furthermore states your character. Ti set the record straight it was a few hours you were in the alliance never participated in anything nor got to know any of us, or what's going on so please continue with your complaint on how you didn't care about your team, but you want, you want, you want, what attitude. We took 3rd because I kicked you its worth it to me I'd rather let someone from X3 who's trying to get a cover have it than some pompous arrogant individual that feels we owe him something. I fight and bleed together this man know nothing of suffrage to gain. Best of luck to you and what ever alliance that has adopted you. Be clear voucher where not, will be, or can be and X-Men. Next time you post a thread title it "How I let me team Down" why don't you talk about that, then judge. Look in the mirror and ask yourself did I do all I could to help? Did I even care? And to insist that it was X1 or bust for you, we'll busted you right out the door. Cheers, don't let that hit you in the ****.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I have been a member of 5DP since almost the beginning. I, for the most part only lurk in the forums and am even fairly quiet in alliance chat. I have really great weeks... and weeks when work/being a mom/life keeps me from posting fantastic scores. My roster is good, but not the best in the world. And yet...

I have seen NONE of the drama spoken of. Perhaps it's because I'm not much on the forum and keep quiet, but I don't see ANY of the **** sometimes mentioned. The folks at 5D have always been nothing but kind, supportive, and understanding... to me at least. I have NEVER felt like if I can't get 1100 I will be booted. They don't turn the game into a meat grinder, one that will burn out all of our wonderful folk and take away all of the fun. I play hard when I can. And I WANT to see us at the top. Not because I feel like I'm being threatened... but because I LIKE my alliance mates and I believe in working hard for them. Because they are my friends and it is worth it to me to work hard for the whole. I dont' want to let them down.

I have NEVER been asked/forced to spend money on this game. It's just not a part of how we play. We figure if we kick enough booty, we'll have plenty of HP to shield when needed.

I have complete love and respect for ALL of my 5D family. I have never once seen any kind of conduct that would make me stop believing in the way they run their crew. Most of all... I've never seen any of the soul crushing behavior I've seen discussed here. Honest to god.

I admit that I'm out of the loop a lot, so I'm sure there are things I have missed, but I felt like this needed to be said. My experience in 5D has been nothing but absolutely positive.

I'm sorry yours in X-men wasn't. That's a true shame.
  • Unknown
    Options
    laoahpeh wrote:
    Ghast wrote:

original?v=mpbl-1&px=-1

Nah, I was genuinely commiserating. Ark was a former member of our alliance and I want to see him end up in a good place.

If I wanted to troll, I would use the alliance chat bug to apply to join nearly-full private alliances and gaslight them in chat for as long as possible until they kick me. Oh to be 13 again, if only for a day.
  • wade66
    wade66 Posts: 212 Tile Toppler
    Options
    arktos1971 wrote:
    IVPlay wrote:

He definitely is as long as you are devoted to his ambition. If you contradict him you get destroyed.

Isn't that the point of alliances in the first place, to find people with a similar mindset to compete on a larger scale than 1 on 1. An alliance with conflicting priorities would not only fall off the leaderboards, but would implode altogether.
This discussion has been closed.