Options
    Reminder that this is a match-3 game
  • Unknown
    Options
    BEST. THREAD. EVER.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Your post sums it all Nazireth.

Wrong assumptions and judgemental sometimes insulting.

Any person I have interacted with on this forum privately can testify I do care about people and my Alliance.

Thing is, the chat room was already into a war when I entered, with "I shielded, hit me", "yes I'll hit you ****" and the likes. As I was not competing in the PVP, I was playing Shield and PVE to bring points for the Alliance, and asked for advice to one of the members privately (I was then 3rd contributor for the alliance), but Johnny said "we don't care about shield, we need you for the pvp". I tried, but when I was winning 40, I was losing 70... What's the point ?

You only focus on pvp, when MPQ is far more than this. I do not play in the last minute, I play all day long. If YOU had taken care of what I said, you'd know I am far more dedicated to the game than you are. My roster speaks for itself, and so are my PVE and Season 1 points.

I'm sorry to say, but I am not trying to impersonate a Marvel Hero hooked on steroids... That affects behaviour too. That's probably a problem too, but everyone does what he wants with his life.

There are too kinds of warriors : the Stallone ones, and the one who went to Afghanistan and back. I'll let you choose the ones you want to be and think you are.
  • Unknown
    Options
    sup123 wrote:

Yes icon_e_smile.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    sup123 wrote:

Clearly it's not. It's a massive scientific study on the human condition.

Demiurge_Will is going to have the greatest dissertation ever.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I see this as a match-5 game that forces you to settle.
  • Unknown
    Options
    sup123 wrote:

Match-3 games are life.
  • radiopy
    radiopy Posts: 326 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    datKrow wrote:
    sup123 wrote:

Match-3 games are life.
    Brilliant.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Toxicadam wrote:
    sup123 wrote:

Clearly it's not. It's a massive scientific study on the human condition.

Demiurge_Will is going to have the greatest dissertation ever.

Like any addictive product, you can see the widest range of behaviours regarding the human condition.

As I said to my French friend from Scarfighters, I was very happy to be part of the X-Men Alliance for a few hours, just to witness what a Match 3 game can become when it becomes obsessional.
  • JamieMadrox
    JamieMadrox Posts: 1,798 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Ghast wrote:
    I see this as a match-5 game that forces you to settle.
    I see it as a church where you pray for a cascade and are rewarded with an off-colour match 3.
  • Unknown
    edited May 2014
    Options
    icon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    This game fills such important niches as

"I'm pooping but I reaaaaaallly don't want to read a book" or
    "she's taking forever with her hair and makeup and I have no idea when she'll be done" or
    "I'm in a meeting and I'm bored, I can play this game to make it look like I'm answering emails".

It's more than a match 3 game, it is a life enhancer.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Thank you Nazerith for enlighting us with the 300 movie philosophy.
  • Unknown
    Options
    [/quote]
    klingsor wrote:
    arktos1971 wrote:
    Maestro145 wrote:
    laoahpeh wrote:
    I bet you will have

Maestro : Can you honestly tell us that 5D behaves the same as X-Men ?

We do not. We have 5 alliances to accomodate every scenario. One is designated as casual or vacation friendly. We swap mainly to accomodate people's schedules. I, as the leader, will get pushy, telling people when they shield at 1025 to break shield to reach 1100, but that's about it. The people I have kicked directly have been from non-communication. Total kicked: 1. Everyone else that has left has been at their own volition. I feel the 5D group has had a lot of negative rep, and I haven't helped, with my attitude sometimes. However, it would impossible to manage 100 people in 5 alliances by being a mega ****. The truth is we are very organized and communicate very well. We have 2 facebook groups and 6 different chats. We even have a council composed of 2 admins from every alliance so the decisions we make represent the majority. The results, all 5 of our alliances finished top 25 and we finished 2nd without a single swap. Also, if I shield hop I spend less than 500 HP total which is provided by event results so we aren't really P2W either.
    comodate every scenario. One is designated as casual or vacation friendly. We swap mainly to accomodate people's schedules. I, as the leader, will get pushy, telling people when they shield at 1025 to break shield to reach 1100, but that's about it. The people I have kicked directly have been from non-communication. Total kicked: 1. Everyone else that has left has been at their own volition. I feel the 5D group has had a lot of negative rep, and I haven't helped, with my attitude sometimes. However, it would impossible to manage 100 people in 5 alliances by being a mega ****. The truth is we are very organized and communicate very well. We have 2 facebook groups and 6 different chats. We even have a council composed of 2 admins from every alliance so the decisions we make represent the majority. The results, all 5 of our alliances finished top 25 and we finished 2nd without a single swap. Also, if I shield hop I spend less than 500 HP total which is provided by event results so we aren't really P2W either.
    arktos1971 wrote:
    Thanks for making things clear Klingson. It's good to understand why they should hate you so much when there is no reason.

I see you left nothing random icon_e_smile.gif Members of your Alliances must enjoy that.

I think I've see this before in the movie 300, the hunched back that couldn't make it sold out just to be comforted by a tyrant, only tto live with his shame of treachery for ever. Wow I love it!!! because everyone likes to flame I'm not calling anyone names I'm stating the point in the movie I referred to I don't know their names.
  • Unknown
    Options
    wait wait wait, is this bejeweled with spiderman? or candy crush with spiderman?

I can't decide
  • Unknown
    Options
    nazerith wrote:
    Blah Blah Blah Blah

If you are going to quote me, can you a) post once, b) learn to use the quote markup tag? You make yourself sound like a lemming by calling me a tyrant when you don't know anything about me. Get a clue dude.

There is no reason for the people of MPQ to unite against the x-men, either they will eventually find success or they will implode. I have no interest in having vendettas against you guys so if you can refrain from attacking me that would be great. Heck, changing your attitude might help you finish top 2 for a change, more than spending all your cash on shields will. Tell you what, if you manage to not attack me personally for 24hrs, i will personally throw you a bone and let you finish #2 in Loki pvp. Just 24hrs, and you can finally see something other than "Nice work. Your alliance was a top 50 finisher in EVERY PVP EVER"
  • Unknown
    Options
    LoreNYC wrote:
    wait wait wait, is this bejeweled with spiderman? or candy crush with spiderman?

I can't decide

Puzzles & Dragons with Spider-Man.
  • Spider-man 6234
    Options
    This thread confirms the way I've been playing. I started out in this game figuring things out and enjoying it for the most part. Then along came alliances. The first thing I did was look up things like avengers shield x-men etc. (I was unaware of the forum at the time and didn't have a clue about recruiting on here) I found the X-Men and joined cause I thought "wow a bunch of guys with awesome rosters! I'll join!" Then the first event came and two days into it there had been no activity from the other members. (Obviously they're plenty active now) So I jumped ship for a pay your way in alliance. Now after having been in a couple of those I've started my own alliance. And the one thing I stress to my players the most: have fun. If you aren't having fun then there is no point in playing this game. Now obviously some people have fun in different ways i.e x-men 5DV are uber competitive and love it. Django and my alliance, S.T.E.A.L.T.H, are out to have fun but place well at the same time. I think what we have here is a simple lack of communication. Arktos thought you guys wanted one thing and x-men thought they had asked him for something else. Needless to say its interesting getting a look into the top alliances. As long as everyones having fun, hey, to each his own.

Edit: to put it into the infamous words of Elsa, let it go icon_e_wink.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    If I'm gonna get this competitive over a game, it sure as **** isn't going to be a match 3. The only thing I really care enough to fight for are new covers - not chances at covers, like tokens, but full on covers. If Human Torch were a reward for the next PvP, you can bet your derriere I'll be hitting at least 1100 for it. But it probably won't be - and as such, I get to play better games (yes, better, it's a match-3 ffs that isn't even as good as the original Puzzle Quest) and use my time more wisely. I feel like Daken is the last character I'm going to yearn for - mostly because I've been wanting to put him alongside Psylocke forever. After that, and a few events after I max him out to flex his muscles, there's a large chance I'll just be done with the game. It's wearing painfully thin by this point, and the devs are dragging feet worse than Brink did with regards to balancing.
This discussion has been closed.