Behind the scenes of a "Winning Alliance" - The X-Men

Options

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    klingsor wrote:
    Tell you what, if you manage to not attack me personally for 24hrs, i will personally throw you a bone and let you finish #2 in Loki pvp. Just 24hrs, and you can finally see something other than "Nice work. Your alliance was a top 50 finisher in EVERY PVP EVER"

LMAO - That was excellent. Sorry if that was not supposed to be VERY funny.

On a side note, I just noticed something. Klingsor's reputation on the forum is +138 and Nazarith -4. Nothing more to add.
  • Unknown
    Options
    arktos1971 wrote:

On a side note, I just noticed something. Klingsor's reputation on the forum is +138 and Nazarith -4. Nothing more to add.

Since the mods aren't doing anything to keep the forum from becoming a tinykitty match for alliances, rep is pretty much worthless now.
  • Unknown
    Options
    ZenBrillig wrote:
    arktos1971 wrote:

Since the mods aren't doing anything to keep the forum from becoming a tinykitty match for alliances, rep is pretty much worthless now.
    We have a report on this thread, and we're discussing what to do about it. Public "name and shames" are frowned upon, but short of deleting the whole thread, there's not many objective options (plenty of subjective ones, but we try to avoid those).

More generally, there are no guidelines for rep. It's been asked several times to have rep modifiers removed from the alliance sub. But beyond that, rep is very subjective and tends to always favor the positive (as very few people want to be seen as giving out negative rep except when everyone is piling on. or spammers).

All that aside, this thread has been reported, so let's try to keep the bashing to a minimum (or just go over the top with it so we have a clear reason to lock it - you know, whichever way you want to go).
  • Unknown
    Options
    arktos1971 wrote:
    Your post sums it all Nazireth.

Wrong assumptions and judgemental sometimes insulting.

Any person I have interacted with on this forum privately can testify I do care about people and my Alliance.

Thing is, the chat room was already into a war when I entered, with "I shielded, hit me", "yes I'll hit you ****" and the likes. As I was not competing in the PVP, I was playing Shield and PVE to bring points for the Alliance, and asked for advice to one of the members privately (I was then 3rd contributor for the alliance), but Johnny said "we don't care about shield, we need you for the pvp". I tried, but when I was winning 40, I was losing 70... What's the point ?

You only focus on pvp, when MPQ is far more than this. I do not play in the last minute, I play all day long. If YOU had taken care of what I said, you'd know I am far more dedicated to the game than you are. My roster speaks for itself, and so are my PVE and Season 1 points.

I'm sorry to say, but I am not trying to impersonate a Marvel Hero hooked on steroids... That affects behaviour too. That's probably a problem too, but everyone does what he wants with his life.

There are too kinds of warriors : the Stallone ones, and the one who went to Afghanistan and back. I'll let you choose the ones you want to be and think you are.

Please font make military references I served my country, so people like you can sit at home at night and complain about everything. Just stop man, you didn't want to be a top contender, that means you don't deserve to be in the top alliance. It's a simple concept if we had an alliance full of people like you we would be lucky to be a top 100 alliance. As far as my dedication, you paid 6000.00 dollars for your roster I earned all mine. It shows that you want something with out earning it. Let's tell the truth about how you feel? Your mad you feel unworthy, and you're wanting revenge. This is normal I see this all the time in my son he's 5 I'd expect that from him not a 42 year old man. Seriously you where 500 points below the next lowest person in the alliance, and to think you let 19 people down and you feel as you belong we gave u an option at X2 you didn't accept it. Now you made your bed Johnny Storm FLAME ON!
  • Unknown
    Options
    This is better than all marvel movies combined.
  • Unknown
    Options
    looks like xavier has become onslaught lol on a serious note guys could we just play the game there is some lovely high scaling in heroic mode for those of you who are interested.
  • Puritas
    Puritas Posts: 670 Critical Contributor
    Options
    This thread is fine while it's talking about how alliances operate - naming specific people in the OP was a bit low and in bad taste, but there hasn't really been any mud slinging.

Continue to make comments about each other's personal lives though, and you'll be earning warnings.
  • Unknown
    edited May 2014
    Options
    That green is hard to read with this forum background.

Sincerely,

my Rods and Cones
  • Unknown
    Options
    Yeah this pissing match is sucking the fun out at this point.

Sidenote: Any alliance in the top 50 want a new member? Im done being competitive if this is what surrounds it. PM me. Must have an alliance name that makes me laugh or impressed. Those are my only two. Oh, and id like some joking around and lighthearted chat too icon_e_smile.gif
  • Unknown
    edited May 2014
    Options
    I still got a lot of reading up to do in the thread but this was too good to pass up...
    beemand2g wrote:
    The devs should never be hammered for not giving people the chance to build roosters it's a easy cop out.

But,but,but i wanna build roosters too!!! icon_cry.gif

-edit- Getting closer to the end but have another comment
    Ghast wrote:
    LoreNYC wrote:
    wait wait wait, is this bejeweled with spiderman? or candy crush with spiderman?

I can't decide

Puzzles & Dragons with Spider-Man.

TAKE MY MONEY NOW!!! :p
    But seriously i love the freeflow style of PAD
  • Puritas
    Puritas Posts: 670 Critical Contributor
    Options
    k2CJU78.png

What's it look like on your end?
  • Unknown
    Options
    MTGOFerret wrote:
    I still got a lot of reading up to do in the thread but this was too good to pass up...
    beemand2g wrote:
    The devs should never be hammered for not giving people the chance to build roosters it's a easy cop out.

But,but,but i wanna build roosters too!!! icon_cry.gif

lol darn I thought nemek was the only one who picked up on it lol

you know people are at war when they miss that gaff
  • Unknown
    Options
    After reading this thread, I'm feeling more content with my decision to stay in a borderline Top 100 alliance rather than actively campaign for membership in a top alliance.

What was described seems a little too much like World Of Warcraft and the associated **** that goes with it to me.
  • Unknown
    Options
    nazerith wrote:
    arktos1971 wrote:
    Your post sums it all Nazireth.

Wrong assumptions and judgemental sometimes insulting.

Any person I have interacted with on this forum privately can testify I do care about people and my Alliance.

Thing is, the chat room was already into a war when I entered, with "I shielded, hit me", "yes I'll hit you ****" and the likes. As I was not competing in the PVP, I was playing Shield and PVE to bring points for the Alliance, and asked for advice to one of the members privately (I was then 3rd contributor for the alliance), but Johnny said "we don't care about shield, we need you for the pvp". I tried, but when I was winning 40, I was losing 70... What's the point ?

You only focus on pvp, when MPQ is far more than this. I do not play in the last minute, I play all day long. If YOU had taken care of what I said, you'd know I am far more dedicated to the game than you are. My roster speaks for itself, and so are my PVE and Season 1 points.

I'm sorry to say, but I am not trying to impersonate a Marvel Hero hooked on steroids... That affects behaviour too. That's probably a problem too, but everyone does what he wants with his life.

There are too kinds of warriors : the Stallone ones, and the one who went to Afghanistan and back. I'll let you choose the ones you want to be and think you are.

Please font make military references I served my country, so people like you can sit at home at night and complain about everything. Just stop man, you didn't want to be a top contender, that means you don't deserve to be in the top alliance. It's a simple concept if we had an alliance full of people like you we would be lucky to be a top 100 alliance. As far as my dedication, you paid 6000.00 dollars for your roster I earned all mine. It shows that you want something with out earning it. Let's tell the truth about how you feel? Your mad you feel unworthy, and you're wanting revenge. This is normal I see this all the time in my son he's 5 I'd expect that from him not a 42 year old man. Seriously you where 500 points below the next lowest person in the alliance, and to think you let 19 people down and you feel as you belong we gave u an option at X2 you didn't accept it. Now you made your bed Johnny Storm FLAME ON!

I'll stick to the mods rules and refrain from being sarcastic or ironical :

1) If I was unworthy, I would not have had offers to join most of the Top 10 Alliances today. So I am more than happy to have left the hell you put your members in. I'm not so sure people would like to integrate you in their Alliance - Do not worry much about my self esteem. I do not use a game to prove myself I am worth something besides what I am. POINTLESS ARGUMENT
    2) As far as I know, someone is paying devs so that this game still exist. You owe me one on this. As far as I know, we live in a society where everything has a price. It seems I value this game much higher than you apparently. If there weren't people like me paying for the game, you would not play at all. Ask D3P to stop people paying to get covers and ISO. Besides, how do you think I got the first covers for each colour ? With money ? And the 10 4* covers as well ? - POINTLESS ARGUMENT
    3) 500 points where ? In the pvp ? Position 19 in the pvp was 100 points more than I was, still, you lost that pvp by a long distance, not only because of me. In the current Season's ranking, I'd be number 17-18 in the Alliance, about the same in the SHIELD one. You do not know what you are talking about POINTLESS ARGUMENT
    4) You are not the Top Alliance, and considering how unstable your Alliance is, you will never be. Top Alliances explained today their strength is stability. Your strategy will never pay off.
    5) I want something without earning it ? Once again, what are you talking about ? I work 80 hours a week, for the money I earn. And I don't push people off their limits for power and covers. In the previous Alliances I was in, I was a good contributor. And in your Alliance, I was 4th contributor in the PVE, but that you did not care because that would not lead you to show off you are the best in the world (Johnny's own words) POINTLESS ARGUMENT
    6) I did not want revenge, I wanted people to know how your Alliance is working backstage, some people thanked me on pm for that. They are utterly disgusted and shocked by your code of conduct. POINTLESS ARGUMENT
    7) Please do not use your 5 year old to explain your point.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Dslyexic wrote:
    Yeah this pissing match is sucking the fun out at this point.

Sidenote: Any alliance in the top 50 want a new member? Im done being competitive if this is what surrounds it. PM me. Must have an alliance name that makes me laugh or impressed. Those are my only two. Oh, and id like some joking around and lighthearted chat too icon_e_smile.gif

There are many ways of being competitive. You should apply for another Top 10 Alliance, and you will enjoy the difference. I'm sure guys will be happy to welcome you. You'll be less pressured.

You were one to wonder why I was not progressing, but you wanted to know why, and was open to listen to me. Unfortunately you did not have the chance to. Not that you would have accepted my point, but at least, you asked, in a respectful way. I wanted to point that.

You said 'if he pushes, that would be cool". While Johnny was explaining how bad a guy I was.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Teke184 wrote:
    After reading this thread, I'm feeling more content with my decision to stay in a borderline Top 100 alliance rather than actively campaign for membership in a top alliance.

What was described seems a little too much like World Of Warcraft and the associated **** that goes with it to me.

All but one Top 10 Alliances could testify what happens in X-Men is unique. Keep on progressing if you wish.
  • Unknown
    Options
    arktos1971 wrote:
    I'll stick to the mods rules and refrain from being sarcastic or ironical :

<snip>

7) Please do not use your 5 year old to explain your point.

You really believe calling someone a 5-year old is sticking to the mods rules?
  • Unknown
    Options
    I'm not sure I get you.

Have you read Nazarith's post where he compares me to his 5 year old son ?
  • Unknown
    Options
    So.....any openings in X-men? Or should I read this thread first ;o)
  • Unknown
    Options
    Let's just all pat ourselves on the back for going six whole pages without invoking Godwin's law. Hurrah for us!
This discussion has been closed.