R148 Release Notes (3/12/18)

Comments

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,736 Chairperson of the Boards
    Go to any character screen. Click around the bottom area where there are no buttons. See what you can see.  What can you see?  
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    bluewolf said:
    Go to any character screen. Click around the bottom area where there are no buttons. See what you can see.  What can you see?  
    ... Supports? And a non-ISO resource where ISO usually is. I take it this wasn’t supposed to be viewable in-game yet. The question is, does supports mean things supporting the character, or things the character is supporting?
  • steakleather
    steakleather Posts: 121 Tile Toppler
    I may quit over this. Been a VIP since the beginning. I am so annoyed by this.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,604 Chairperson of the Boards
    zodiac339 said:
    bluewolf said:
    ... Supports? And a non-ISO resource where ISO usually is. I take it this wasn’t supposed to be viewable in-game yet. The question is, does supports mean things supporting the character, or things the character is supporting?
    Could be both. Take characters and put them in support areas for other characters, like a boost but different? It'd make more of the roster relevant (maybe everyone is going to keep running 4* Rocket & Groot and Gamora, but if you can use Drax, 3/4/5 Star Lord, Yondu, 3 R&G, and 3 Gamora as support, maybe it'll let them provide bonuses, so 4R&G/Gamora teams could be different depending on which other characters are used as support?)
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,275 Chairperson of the Boards
    ursopro said:
    Just saying, if any of the upcoming changes involves just adding one button to the character UI I'm just gonna lose it
    That seems to be the case, the button is already there just invisible... click around in the middle of the bottom on the first screen...

Its just a button that takes you to another page entirely, far as I know there was plenty of space to add 1 measly button on the old steam interface for char info.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,939 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2018
    zodiac339 said:
    bluewolf said:
    Was this patched out? I’m not finding it!

Or are you on steam?

Edit: nevermind. Found it.
  • grenadier
    grenadier Posts: 137 Tile Toppler
    Another vote against the UI changes inflicted on Steam users today.   This looks god awful.  Please rollback this downgrade ASAP.  

From not using the whole screen, to losing being able to see all the info that we used to see, to making training up awkward as all hell, this thing is a failure start to finish.
  • zulux21
    zulux21 Posts: 249 Tile Toppler
    edited March 2018
    Daiches said:
    What part about UI change to prepare for new feature don't the Steam players get? This is temporary to prepare for a new feature coming out likely in the next update. And looking at how badly they had to change the look for Steam it's going to be worth it. No? 
    A. it doesn't sound temporary.
    B. why not just push the entire change at once then? Steam users would have a much easier time swallowing this horrible UI if there was new gameplay features to go with it.
  • killerkoala
    killerkoala Posts: 1,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    steam UI is not good.  also i saw a weird icon with a "0" next to it, where iso was; and it looks like something new is going there.
  • Daredevil217
    steam UI is not good.  also i saw a weird icon with a "0" next to it, where iso was; and it looks like something new is going there.
    Looks like possibly a new currency? Red iso? Iso-9 perhaps? Lol. Whatever it is I’m intrigued. 
  • killerkoala
    killerkoala Posts: 1,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    idk i should have taken a screen shot but i when to another character to see if it had too; but now it doesn't show up again, it was redish orange and looks mechanical.
  • Daredevil217
    idk i should have taken a screen shot but i when to another character to see if it had too; but now it doesn't show up again, it was redish orange and looks mechanical.
    I screen shotted it but won’t post it here for fear of jail or something. 
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Apart from the UI, another difference between steam player and mobile players are certain promotion, right? If porting is allowed, then all promotions will be the same and I'm sure some players will try out funny experiments. 

Also, have you ever wondered that the team tried this due to feedbacks from other MPQ players? 

I saw the UI for steam version and I love steam's UI. I think it's beautiful. It's virtually impossible to have this kind of UI on mobile due to obvious reason(s).

To be fair, let's wait and see what the new feature is all about. If the steam players still dislike it, the developers might roll back to the previous UI or might give you the option to choose "Classic UI".
  • hunky_funky
    hunky_funky Posts: 111 Tile Toppler
    I hope that new feature will be SOO GOOD, that everyone forget UI issue. Thank God I'm on mobile, sorry for you Steam guy's.
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    zulux21 said:
    Daiches said:
    What part about UI change to prepare for new feature don't the Steam players get? This is temporary to prepare for a new feature coming out likely in the next update. And looking at how badly they had to change the look for Steam it's going to be worth it. No? 
    B. why not just push the entire change at once then? Steam users would have a much easier time swallowing this horrible UI if there was new gameplay features to go with it.
    Maybe there's a certain Marvel deadline they have to meet. Like the release of a certain movie.
    And the less supported Steam platform just can't get done in time with their small development team. Meeting license demands is far more important than pleasing a small user percentage.
    Rest assured that based on feedback they will work on getting the UI back (Steam's only selling point over mobile), but for now I think they are just crunched for time too hard and have to sacrifice something. Consider yourselves martyrs for the cause and pray the new Support feature (as spoiled by clicking around in game) is really worth it.
  • egokrat
    egokrat Posts: 2
    edited March 2018
    Brigby said:

MPQ 148!
    • "Ever with grief and all too long"
    So I'm guessing this describes how Steam users interact with this horrible interface?

To be serious: This is just bad. If was supossed to be a temporary change then you should tell us so now or give us just one good reason why this interface change was neccessary.
    (And I mean _good_ reason, not a cryptic message about some new "feature" which could just mean you don't have any developers left who could work with the Steam version.)
    For now this looks like you don't want to support the Steam platform anymore and so I don't feel that I should buy any more stuff since I was burned enough by Marvel Heroes Omega suddenly being pulled right after I bought the biggest bundle of their premium currency. (Yeah, I'm still kind of angry about that and since this game also depends on the Marvel license I am truly worried.)
  • rixmith
    rixmith Posts: 707 Critical Contributor
    Wow, what an enormous downgrade. I certainly hope that the new feature is worth it and that this kind of thing doesn't happen to other parts of the Steam UI.

It made me curious about Steam usage. There are currently 432 concurrent players on Steam, with a 30 day average of 475 concurrent players. It is unclear how many total players that represents. MPQ is the most played game with the word Marvel in the title on Steam.

The numbers are down from years past. Hopefully this doesn't bode poorly for the Steam UI overall.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,736 Chairperson of the Boards
    I understand the complaints, but feel that it is worth pointing out that there are about 35-50K people playing the current HoD event, based on bracket counts (which only tracks scl 6-9 and doesn’t include prejoin flips).  So even if Steam players are 3000 or so (a number I saw last night), that’s a small percentage of players.  And it’s somewhat understandable if the devs has to change the UI to accommodate a new feature.

And they would not have changed anything lightly since it is easier to continue a working process than modify it (it required work to modify the Steam UI, even if it was a major downgrade for users).
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Daiches said:
    zulux21 said:
    Daiches said:
    Maybe there's a certain Marvel deadline they have to meet. Like the release of a certain movie.
    And the less supported Steam platform just can't get done in time with their small development team. Meeting license demands is far more important than pleasing a small user percentage.
    Rest assured that based on feedback they will work on getting the UI back (Steam's only selling point over mobile), but for now I think they are just crunched for time too hard and have to sacrifice something. Consider yourselves martyrs for the cause and pray the new Support feature (as spoiled by clicking around in game) is really worth it.
    Additionally, if this new feature is big enough to require UI changes, they probably aren't going to have it go live until after the "Good news! We are going to force you to update." button at a minimum.