R148 Release Notes (3/12/18)

Comments

• SymmeTrey
    SymmeTrey Posts: 170 Tile Toppler
    JHawkInc said:
    The quoted line is from Helreið Brynhildar, aka "Brynhild's Hel-Ride", which stars Brynhildr, and mentions that she lived with valkyries. And one alternate spelling of Brynhildr is "Brunnhilde", which is the spelling used by Marvel for the hero Valkyrie's real name.

If it's literally anyone else, then the devs are going to need a new clue.
    JHawk wins the thread. 
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hadronic said:
    A lot of speculating about who our next upcoming 4* is, I’m more curious about this “upcoming feature”. Any guesses, ideas, wishes, etc.?

Dream big MPQers!
    Last time i tried to guess an upcomming feature or event i was correct and thrown in jail.

So i will guess things i know are wrong. They are adding a 7th color to the game.
    We're finally getting octarine!?
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hadronic said:
    A lot of speculating about who our next upcoming 4* is, I’m more curious about this “upcoming feature”. Any guesses, ideas, wishes, etc.?

Dream big MPQers!
    Last time i tried to guess an upcomming feature or event i was correct and thrown in jail.

So i will guess things i know are wrong. They are adding a 7th color to the game.
    We're finally getting octarine!?
    If you were the eighth son of an eighth son, you’d have known that octarine is already in game.
  • xKOBALTx
    xKOBALTx Posts: 299 Mover and Shaker
    JHawkInc said:
    The quoted line is from Helreið Brynhildar, aka "Brynhild's Hel-Ride", which stars Brynhildr, and mentions that she lived with valkyries. And one alternate spelling of Brynhildr is "Brunnhilde", which is the spelling used by Marvel for the hero Valkyrie's real name.

If it's literally anyone else, then the devs are going to need a new clue.

• whitecat31
    whitecat31 Posts: 579 Critical Contributor
    "Ever with grief and all too long Are men and women born in the world; But yet we shall live our lives together..." —Brynhild's Ride to Hel.        So many of you will think Valkyrie.        I say it's Hela. 
  • gmtosca
    gmtosca Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    Why not both?
  • kk3thess
    kk3thess Posts: 202 Tile Toppler
    I still think it's Dazzler
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,157 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hadronic said:

Dream big MPQers!

You mean Team-up AP?  :wink:
  • TheHungryPet
    TheHungryPet Posts: 229 Tile Toppler
    Hadronic said:

Dream big MPQers!

New color: pink officially confirmed!
  • uberhamster
    uberhamster Posts: 96 Match Maker

Dream big MPQers!
    Steam/Mobile CROSSPLAY
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards

Dream big MPQers!
    Steam/Mobile CROSSPLAY
    ULTRA-CHAMPIONS! Pay 250 CP to unlock the ultra-champion throne, and any champion you choose to sit on the throne will be 5/5/5 in their respective skill set. One throne per customer. User may change which champion sits on the throne once per day. Glowy-gold Sparkles around character portrait indicate an ultra-champion in the fight select/roster screen.

• Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,939 Chairperson of the Boards

Dream big MPQers!
    Steam/Mobile CROSSPLAY
    ULTRA-CHAMPIONS! Pay 250 CP to unlock the ultra-champion throne, and any champion you choose to sit on the throne will be 5/5/5 in their respective skill set. One throne per customer. User may change which champion sits on the throne once per day. Glowy-gold Sparkles around character portrait indicate an ultra-champion in the fight select/roster screen.

Okay. Not going to lie. That would be awesome. And I would pick Shuri as my ultra champ please.
  • vinsensual
    vinsensual Posts: 458 Mover and Shaker
    I wonder if they go for MCU or comics version Valkyrie.  Brunhilde, comics Valkyrie, was supposedly the one that saved MCU Valkyrie from a spear in that flashback.  
  • sirwookieechris
    sirwookieechris Posts: 131 Tile Toppler
    Brigby said:

What's Changed:
    • In preparation of an upcoming feature, the Character Info screen on the Steam version of the game matches the mobile version of the screen.
    Anyone have a screenshot of what this screen currently looks like for steam users? Wonder what the change is and if it could hint at the upcoming update.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    *Updated to Final Release Notes. Added S.H.I.E.L.D. Clearance Level 7 Bundle details
  • Joe_Smoke
    Joe_Smoke Posts: 10 Just Dropped In
    Brigby said:
    *Updated to Final Release Notes. Added S.H.I.E.L.D. Clearance Level 7 Bundle details
    Brigby are you able to find out whether this change to the Steam UI is a temporary measure during the feature implementation or a permanent downgrade?
  • Cormackie
    Cormackie Posts: 18 Just Dropped In
    Joe_Smoke said:
    Well the update has just gone through and frankly it shows a pretty hefty disregard for the user experience of steam users to push this out.
    Previously we had everything we needed on a single screen, great!  Now only a third of my screen is actually used and I have to click through multiple useless screens every time I want to shuffle a champs powers around.

I can understand the desire to maintain a single interface across platforms, but to go from what we had to this is pretty unacceptable.  If for whatever reason they *had* to shift to match the mobile UI then couldn't they at least have the screen display multiple panes at once so we could make use of our extra real estate.
    The steam interface is absolutely awful.. genuinely shocked this went through. I can't fathom why this 'new feature' needed the change.

I chose the steam version because i preferred the UI to mobile, now 4 years later it's just been taken away and I can't even swap to mobile. 
  • SolidQ
    SolidQ Posts: 247 Tile Toppler
    edited March 2018
    Brigby, can devs back to original Info screen Steam version. Than new info awful  :/ 
  • frederec
    frederec Posts: 22 Just Dropped In
    Cormackie said:
    The steam interface is absolutely awful.. genuinely shocked this went through. I can't fathom why this 'new feature' needed the change.

I chose the steam version because i preferred the UI to mobile, now 4 years later it's just been taken away and I can't even swap to mobile. 
    Completely agreed.  I desperately hope this change to the steam interface is temporary.  It's awkward, a horribly inefficient use of screen real estate (as opposed to the old one, which was pretty nice), and now takes more steps to do simple things like adding champion levels.