Are we at the beginning of the end with MPQ ?

1235»

Comments

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,736 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2018
    Such doomsaying. I feel like the new feature will breathe a lot of life into the game, but it depends on how it really works and how it’s implemented.

At least they are, lately, starting to change things and be more player friendly with ST and now a boss event new release.
  • gmtosca
    gmtosca Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    Looking at Strike Force, it's Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes but with Marvel characters.  Yeah no.  I stopped playing GoH because it took so much of my time.
  • Calnexin
    Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    So I know a lot of us have joked about this and trolled a bit with how long this game will go on. I can say that right now I am a bit concerned.  If you watch any TV in the US, you will see adverting for Marvel Strike Force.  
    I watch quite a bit of TV in the US, and I've never heard of Marvel Strike Force.  Either you're in a test market, or my region wasn't deemed worthy of advertising dollars.

That's not to say there isn't competition, but I don't think MPQ has to be mutually exclusive with other properties.  There's an active "fighting" game and an MMO that recently went under bearing the license, and MPQ has been competing (or more likely sharing audience) with those for years.
  • aesthetocyst
    aesthetocyst Posts: 538 Critical Contributor
    edited April 2018
    Never heard of Strike Force. 

There have always been multiple Marvel properties going.

Until there is a competing Marvel match-3 rosterbuilder, I wouldn't worry about "competition". Stagnation is the great enemy here.

Match-3s are a world unto themselves. 

Good rosterbuilding match-3s are also pretty rare IME, the few that are imitating using other IPs are **** IMO.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,104 Chairperson of the Boards
    I saw an ad for Strike Force whilst watching some content on Youtube. It was a pretty grainy looking low quality thing.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    *Closing this thread as the discussion is no longer relevant to the original topic.
This discussion has been closed.