Q&A with Demiurge_Will Answers from Demiurge_Will begin on p.2

Options

Comments

• Darknes21
    Darknes21 Posts: 321 Mover and Shaker
    edited March 2018
    Options
    @Demiurge_Will again this is great that you are answering some of these questions for us. Have another one.  

MMR- It sucks.  Plain and simple.  I have a 493 Gambit and 479 Thor yet I cannot Q 500+ teams.  Why?  Why does this need to be so closed?  Once you get to a certain level of 5*, you have a special or paid MMR cloak where people cannot see you.  It is very frustrating when they are 100 points away from you and you cannot Q them.  Heck you can be ABOVE them and not Q them. Will MMR on the high end ever be addressed?  
    Great question @The rockett I'm currently in a Pvp bracket with 3 people with dual 550 lvl 5* characters and I can not Q them. All 3 players have been out the whole event and have not shielded. I get hit by them from above and below and can only hit the retal. Why is that? 

Im running dual 5* 470 and 456.
  • axmoss
    axmoss Posts: 230 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Will there be an update to the feeders?

Gamora (guardians of the galaxy) is still rewarding star lord (legendary outlaw). Among others that could use a revamp.
  • jtmagee
    jtmagee Posts: 158 Tile Toppler
    Options
    @Demiurge_Will

Thank you for taking some of your free time to answer these questions.

This is a specific question into game mechanics and potential character tweaks. How hard is it to format a change in where/how the stones drop? Is there a way for them to replace where a match is made before the board continues to drop? Is there a way for them to move from left-right/right-left instead of top-bottom? I feel with how different each character’s powers are, I was wondering if these types of mechanics are hard to code or if there is a way to implement some of these somehow. It would change the game drastically but also open up a LOT of possibilities.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Do the current cover odds for heroic tokens really reflect the current flow of the game? I'm not suggesting it needs much of an adjustment for four stars, but it feels like a bottleneck for 3* growth because of so many 2*s still coming from them. Aside from the very occasional four star, I really don't see much difference between heroic and elite tokens, and the game has evolved a lot recent, so maybe time to adjust the odds a little there?
    I've mentioned that a few times before. 3*/4* is the only pair of adjacent tiers that don't have a dedicated token, and it can be surprisingly difficult to pull them sometimes when RNG turns against you. I don't have records to back it up, but I get a continual feeling that it's easier for me to make progress in the 4* tier now than it was for me to make progress in the 3* tier when I was there.

Actually, I think it still might be easier to build 4*. I'm pretty sure I had America Chavez Champed before 3* Angel, and maybe even before 3* Gambit.
    This is my biggest issue as of now, especially with the introduction of 5 star feeders. It's nice having them, but they're essentially giving us a facade of progress since 4 star and 5 star dilution is so deep. Sweet, I can build up my Daredevil thru another means beside pulling classics tokens...oh wait, my Kingpin is 277. Good luck getting those champ levels at a reasonable pace when we have 64 four stars. (Yeah, I can BH him, but that's just as unreliable if rng only spits out a BH every two weeks, if that).
  • MrCroaker64
    MrCroaker64 Posts: 70 Match Maker
    Options
    This has been one of the most interesting threads that I have read on these forums in quite some time. I would like to thank Will for giving us his time and bringing us back to a place where we have some good interaction with the developers.

My question is about the Bonus Rewards (Shield Intercepts). Why are they chained to Story events only, and has it ever been considered to expand them to the Versus events as well?

As we are currently in the middle of a two-day sub-node, this came to mind for me again. On a day like today, I will only play seventeen (17) matches in the Story area of the game (11 for HOD and 6 for DDQ). As I recall, you have the chance of getting up to twenty (20) Bonus Rewards each day. As I will play less Story matches than Bonus Rewards available, even if every match gave me a bonus (which won't happen) I would not reach the max rewards.

However, I will be in and out of Versus events all day long. So, if the Bonus Rewards were allowed in Versus as well, I would have the opportunity to get all the rewards. I would expect the Bonus Rewards to still be capped at twenty (20), and still be given out by whatever random formula activates them, but at least I would have a shot at them.

I have been an on-going VIP member for well over six (6) months now. I started VIP, to an extent, to get the Bonus Rewards without having to watch the ads. Days like today, when I am not given the ability to earn all the rewards I am paying for, make me feel a little resentful. I'm not asking for anything free, or that I get the rewards without having to play, but the way it is setup now I don't have a chance at them at all.

-Croak
  • shartattack
    shartattack Posts: 370 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    smkspy said:

This is my biggest issue as of now, especially with the introduction of 5 star feeders. It's nice having them, but they're essentially giving us a facade of progress since 4 star and 5 star dilution is so deep. Sweet, I can build up my Daredevil thru another means beside pulling classics tokens...oh wait, my Kingpin is 277. Good luck getting those champ levels at a reasonable pace when we have 64 four stars. (Yeah, I can BH him, but that's just as unreliable if rng only spits out a BH every two weeks, if that).
    you hush up.  i only need 113 more medusa covers to champ black bolt...
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2018
    Options
    This has been one of the most interesting threads that I have read on these forums in quite some time. I would like to thank Will for giving us his time and bringing us back to a place where we have some good interaction with the developers.

My question is about the Bonus Rewards (Shield Intercepts). Why are they chained to Story events only, and has it ever been considered to expand them to the Versus events as well?

As we are currently in the middle of a two-day sub-node, this came to mind for me again. On a day like today, I will only play seventeen (17) matches in the Story area of the game (11 for HOD and 6 for DDQ). As I recall, you have the chance of getting up to twenty (20) Bonus Rewards each day. As I will play less Story matches than Bonus Rewards available, even if every match gave me a bonus (which won't happen) I would not reach the max rewards.

However, I will be in and out of Versus events all day long. So, if the Bonus Rewards were allowed in Versus as well, I would have the opportunity to get all the rewards. I would expect the Bonus Rewards to still be capped at twenty (20), and still be given out by whatever random formula activates them, but at least I would have a shot at them.

I have been an on-going VIP member for well over six (6) months now. I started VIP, to an extent, to get the Bonus Rewards without having to watch the ads. Days like today, when I am not given the ability to earn all the rewards I am paying for, make me feel a little resentful. I'm not asking for anything free, or that I get the rewards without having to play, but the way it is setup now I don't have a chance at them at all.

-Croak
    It's not in PVP because you don't want pop ups during hops. And especially not 2 minute ads like it originally was for non-VIP.
  • Heartbreaksoup
    Heartbreaksoup Posts: 352 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Will, are there any plans in the works to update the Daily Resupply? I'm at day 1422, and my most recent resupply was a standard token. It would be nice if the rewards were rebalanced such that they remained relevant to the likely roster of a player with X number of days under their belt.
    This is a really good point.  I can't imagine somebody playing for almost five years needing very many standard tokens anymore.
  • Jomu5
    Jomu5 Posts: 32 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Quick question... This thread ever going to get new answers?
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    What’s the rationale for making 5* Star-Lord feeder 4* Drax instead of, ya know, 4* Star-Lord?

Guessing same reason 5* DD didn't get Elektra as a feeder... they don't want 4* feeders that have two 3* feeders.

(and yes, 3* Gamora really should feed 4* Gamora...)

Another possible option is that they looked at what Guardian was at the lowest level overall so they wouldn't have to give out so many free covers. :)

• LHammer
    LHammer Posts: 97 Match Maker
    Options
    Q: Is the new Steam UI a forever thing or a temporary change that will be adjusted when time/resources are available?  If the former, what will it take to make you reconsider?
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Quebbster said:
    What’s the rationale for making 5* Star-Lord feeder 4* Drax instead of, ya know, 4* Star-Lord?

Guessing same reason 5* DD didn't get Elektra as a feeder... they don't want 4* feeders that have two 3* feeders.

(and yes, 3* Gamora really should feed 4* Gamora...)

Another possible option is that they looked at what Guardian was at the lowest level overall so they wouldn't have to give out so many free covers. :)

Shhhh. 3* Gamora is only like 10-15 covers away from giving me my 13th Star Lord. Which sucks because Colossus needs like 8 covers for my 13th Wolvie and I just know that if I focus on one then Demi will screw with the other. Meanwhile I can't pull bonus heroes to save my life. The game could make things easier if I could stop pulling black Wolvies. Just had to sell one because in the two weeks that he was in my queue I didn't get a single bonus Colossus.
  • Felessa
    Felessa Posts: 161 Tile Toppler
    Options
    First, @Demiurge_Will , thank you for some answers, it's really good to have this kind of communication.
    axmoss said:

Gamora (guardians of the galaxy) is still rewarding star lord (legendary outlaw). Among others that could use a revamp.
    Now this is my question as well: Why are we are having champion rewards updates only for 4*s (to give now 5*s), while the 3*s tier is still so outdated, with the same 4* been given twice (like SL/Gamora) in some cases?
  • Hadronic
    Hadronic Posts: 338 Mover and Shaker
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Jomu5 said:
    Quick question... This thread ever going to get new answers?
    seems Will may have been silenced for spilling too many beans

//Removed Inappropriate Content -Brigby
  • Jellybat
    Jellybat Posts: 28 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Thanks for the great feedback, Will.  How can we get more VILLAINS in the game?  It's a crime to have so many Wolverines & no Sabretooth/Victor Creed; so many Caps & no Red Skull; Hood & Strange but no Dormammu....you see where I'm going.  Thanks for the recent Spidey villains.
  • Demiurge_Will
    Demiurge_Will Posts: 346 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Felessa said:
    First, @Demiurge_Will , thank you for some answers, it's really good to have this kind of communication.
    axmoss said:

Now this is my question as well: Why are we are having champion rewards updates only for 4*s (to give now 5*s), while the 3*s tier is still so outdated, with the same 4* been given twice (like SL/Gamora) in some cases?
    Our thinking here is that we don't want to pull the rug out from under someone who's been working towards a particular reward by changing who's rewarded before they get there. We've updated the characters that are in champion rewards before, and may do so again, but want to do it rarely for that reason.
This discussion has been closed.