Roster Slot Discount *Updated (1/8/18)

Comments

• DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,390 Chairperson of the Boards
    Brigby said:
    Tucsonjon said:
    Dogface said:
    If you're like me and don't have a character right now for a discounted roster slot, it may be an idea to just roster any character and sell that character once you get a suitable one for that slot.

Are you aware you can buy as many roster slots as you want and you don't need a character cover to do it? 
    Just so everyone is aware, after your 300th slot, the normal cost increases to 2000HP per slot. Although you'll be saving with this sale, it will bring you closer to paying more sooner

Brigby can we expect the cost of slots after 300 to stay at 2000HP?
    As of right now, I'm unaware of any changes to the cost of roster slots past the 300th one. 
    So the jump to 2000hp is unintentional? Or..?

(Not that it will be very relevant to me personally for a long time, seeing im in the 150s range atm)
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    Here is the kicker about the 2000HP at 300 slots.  They keep releasing new characters so you need to keep adding them to your roster.  You go a max champ a 4*, need to roster a dupe cause no way are you going to sell a maxed champed Medusa for a level 70 Medusa.  But what there is more!!!  If you get your next Medusa up to 370 again and say to yourself "You know what, I don't need 2 of these" and happen to sell her BEFORE the 5* was added to the champ rewards, you never got these for that dupe.  You only got them IF you had the Maxed Champed on your roster.  So now you are forced to keep all of them incase they do get 5* champ rewards.  So you are being forced to the 300 slot level for 2000HP. 
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm certain I will have quit the game long before I have that to worry about (currently 147 slots). 
  • Yepyep
    Yepyep Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Here is the kicker about the 2000HP at 300 slots.  They keep releasing new characters so you need to keep adding them to your roster.  ... So you are being forced to the 300 slot level for 2000HP. 
    I agree that we are being forced upwards. But it seems with 151 total characters (numbers below; 147 normal w/o Dino, Howard, Bags, and Yelena), 149 spots provides a lot of room for creative maneuvering. Maybe not have a full double 3* farm. Maybe not save up 2*s banking to champ urgent 5* covers on the vine. Inconveniencies, for sure, but manageable, for now. After all, one could have two of every normal character, plus one each of the specials, with 298 slots. 

That said, doubling the slot price at 300 is arbitrary and punishes the most loyal players. Which is stupid and indefensible except for greed. I find it outrageous, frankly. 

~~~~~~~~~~~
    151 Total
    8 1*
    14 2*
    47 3*
    61 4*
    21 5*

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm certain I will have quit the game long before I have that to worry about (currently 147 slots). 

Players said the same thing back in 2015.. then new characters were vastly increased, so the devs lowered the costs of slots after 100
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bowgentle said:
    Here is the kicker about the 2000HP at 300 slots.  They keep releasing new characters so you need to keep adding them to your roster.  You go a max champ a 4*, need to roster a dupe cause no way are you going to sell a maxed champed Medusa for a level 70 Medusa.  But what there is more!!!  If you get your next Medusa up to 370 again and say to yourself "You know what, I don't need 2 of these" and happen to sell her BEFORE the 5* was added to the champ rewards, you never got these for that dupe.  You only got them IF you had the Maxed Champed on your roster.  So now you are forced to keep all of them incase they do get 5* champ rewards.  So you are being forced to the 300 slot level for 2000HP. 
    I think people who have two copies of a 370 4* will be OK with 2000 for a roster slot.
    I agree it's the point though. 
  • LifeofAgony
    LifeofAgony Posts: 690 Critical Contributor
    It’s much more with it being an uncommuncated change that was discovered by the beta-testers (see what I did there?).

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    It’s much more with it being an uncommuncated change that was discovered by the beta-testers (see what I did there?).

Par for the course since day one, sadly.
  • justsing
    justsing Posts: 507 Critical Contributor
    How many roster slots are people buying? I have about 12k HP left, and I'm trying to decide how many more slots to buy (currently at 177 slots).
  • Yepyep
    justsing said:
    How many roster slots are people buying? I have about 12k HP left, and I'm trying to decide how many more slots to buy (currently at 177 slots).
    I went all the way to 210. There's not much more worthwhile for the points, I figured...
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwvlbJ0h35A

• Kahmon
    Kahmon Posts: 625 Critical Contributor
    I spent most of my HP on slots since I will definitely need them soon as I'm at the point of many 3*s getting duped. I just held back 3500 in hopes of a H4H offer I could really use right now.
  • iron-n-wine
    iron-n-wine Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    Kahmon said:
    I spent most of my HP on slots since I will definitely need them soon as I'm at the point of many 3*s getting duped. I just held back 3500 in hopes of a H4H offer I could really use right now.
    Same - and I got the hfh offer for wasp that I was hoping for!
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,939 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2018
    justsing said:
    I think I bought 22 slots. Not entirely sure because I don’t remember how many I had before the splurge. I now have 205 total though.

26 are empty and 7 are filled by single cover 1*s.

I have every character in the game, including 16 dupe 2s and 12 dupe 3s (I start building a dupe at 255, so more and more are coming each day!)

With 33 available slots I won’t need to buy for awhile and when I do my HP reserves will be overflowing.  Really good investment IMO.

• _RiO_
    _RiO_ Posts: 1,047 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2018
    Just incase anyone is still interested; CS contacted me back, stating literally that "the difference of 2000 HP" was credited to my account.

That exactly coincided with the 10 slots I opened out of the Steam DLC Avengers Battle kit before the discounted roster slots were live. So I went off into the game to collect them, a very happy customer with a full refund given.

But then came a few minutes of wondering what was up, when the game only popped 2 200 HP tokens for me ingame. That's when I realized CS lacks some very necessary skill in written English.

A "difference of 2000 HP" means a total sum of 2000 HP, which is the difference between some pair of values. But what CS meant by it is "the difference over 2000 HP (worth of roster slots)." So in reality; it was just the normal "within 24hrs" refund, for a final pair of two slots that I opened later and just within 24hrs of the roster discount starting.

I'm contemplating whether to re-open the ticket and demand they keep to what they actually wrote me. That would be interesting...
  • Yepyep
    edited January 2018
    _RiO_ said:
    Just incase anyone is still interested; CS contacted me back, stating literally that "the difference of 2000 HP" was credited to my account.

That exactly coincided with the 10 slots I opened out of the Steam DLC Avengers Battle kit before the discounted roster slots were live. So I went off into the game to collect them, a very happy customer with a full refund given.

But then came a few minutes of wondering what was up, when the game only popped 2 200 HP tokens for me ingame. That's when I realized CS lacks some very necessary skill in written English.

A "difference of 2000 HP" means a total sum of 2000 HP, which is the difference between some pair of values. But what CS meant by it is "the difference over 2000 HP (worth of roster slots)." So in reality; it was just the normal "within 24hrs" refund, for a final pair of two slots that I opened later and just within 24hrs of the roster discount starting.

I'm contemplating whether to re-open the ticket and demand they keep to what they actually wrote me. That would be interesting...
    I understand the sentiment involved, and wanting to re-open the ticket. But it really sounds like more trouble than it would be worth. That said, you might jargue your point and tell them they can just pay you in roster slots -- that is, apply the sale price to what you actually paid in HP and credit your account two roster slots (or whatever it would be). They might not be able to reach into your account that way, however.
  • maguirenumber6
    maguirenumber6 Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    What time on Jan 8th does the roster sale end?
  • Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 986 Critical Contributor
    No idea, but to be on the safe side, I got as many roster slots as my HP allowed.
  • justsing
    justsing Posts: 507 Critical Contributor
    edited January 2018
    Yeah, I basically spent nearly all the HP I bought during Digital Day on roster slots. I went from 148 to 191, so 43 new slots... 
This discussion has been closed.