Roster Slot Discount *Updated (1/8/18)

Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
edited January 2018 in MPQ General Discussion
Update: The game has been updated with today's daily patch, which means the Roster Slot sale is now over.

Hi Everyone,

Happy New Year! With 2018 finally upon us, we wanted to bring some new deals to the new year. If you're like us, you've probably got some new characters you want to recruit. To help out with that, following today's daily patch, there will be a 20% discount to all roster slot purchases! 

Check out the details below to find out when exactly you can take advantage of this:

What: 20% off Roster Slot purchases
Start: January 2nd - Following Daily Patch Update
End: January 8th - Following Daily Patch Update

Comments

• Akari
    Akari Posts: 492 Mover and Shaker
    Dangit. I just opened 3 new slots for dupe 2s... It's a good way to blow some of the HP from the recent sale I guess.
  • Rick_OShay
    Rick_OShay Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    edited January 2018
    Hey cool thanks!
    Randomly caught this post just before I need to roster three 3* dupes before tomorrow.
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,275 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hmm, doesnt appear to be live on Steam.
  • Brigby
    Hmm, doesnt appear to be live on Steam.
    My guess is that the time it takes to update might differ slightly from platform to platform. It's always safe to give your device some buffer time for updates to propagate.
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,156 Chairperson of the Boards
    I literally just opened two new roster slots. Bummer.
  • Noobulator
    Noobulator Posts: 176 Tile Toppler
    Why do this? 
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,411 Chairperson of the Boards
    Why not make the discount permanent?
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    30k HP for 10 bucks for Steam users who haven't yet partaken; 20% off slots. That's, what, 38 slots for a Steam user?
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Not seeing a discount,  Android 

If you're going to put a date AND time on a feature,  might be a good idea to deliver
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Or 37 maybe. Math ain't my strong suit
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,178 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hmmmm, might have to open a few slots just for the heck of it. I'll use them eventually. Get 'em while they're hot! 

Suggestion for a follow-up sale: 20 percent off the total ISO cost to champ a 4*! :grin: 
  • Brigby
    Hi Everyone. Apologies for the confusion. The daily update is currently in the process of being deployed. The roster slot discount should be available once this update has been implemented.
  • mr_X
    mr_X Posts: 375 Mover and Shaker
    Nice. Lot of people wanted this for a long time.

Though I wish there had been more notice on this.

I just bought 25 roster slots after digital day. I know somebody else who did the same : (
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,734 Chairperson of the Boards
    mr_X said:

I just bought 25 roster slots after digital day. I know somebody else who did the same : (
    No offense, but did a lot of people want a 6 day discount on roster slots for “a long time”?  Given that we have added 30% more characters over the past year, this could be permanent and players would still have increased roster costs.  Especially given that we’ll see, I’m sure, another 30-ish new characters this year.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    We've been asking for this for years! I'll just assume new character releases will be weekly now.. stock my friends
  • mr_X
    mr_X Posts: 375 Mover and Shaker
    bluewolf said:
    mr_X said:

No offense, but did a lot of people want a 6 day discount on roster slots for “a long time”?  Given that we have added 30% more characters over the past year, this could be permanent and players would still have increased roster costs.  Especially given that we’ll see, I’m sure, another 30-ish new characters this year.

Yes. Alot of people have wanted the price lowered on roster slots. This is first step in that direction that I can remember. I think you pick to much at my sentence to be honest
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,734 Chairperson of the Boards
    mr_X said:
    bluewolf said:
    mr_X said:

Yes. Alot of people have wanted the price lowered on roster slots. This is first step in that direction that I can remember. I think you pick to much at my sentence to be honest
    You are right. No offense. It is nice to have a discount.  I just feel like they could reduce costs permanently given the number of characters in game.
  • justsing
    justsing Posts: 507 Critical Contributor
    Time to buy some roster slots for upcoming 3* dupes.

Just wondering... under what conditions does the game automatically apply a cover to an empty slot? Is it only for a character you don't already have rostered?
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    We've been asking for this for years! I'll just assume new character releases will be weekly now.. stock my friends
    "Hey, guys, every member of the X-Men will be getting the 5* treatment this month! And we will start with Jubilee! Hope you have enough hp!"

I was looking to raise another 1k so I can put it towards rostering 5* Strange, Star Lord and Archangel but it looks like I'll have enough time to raise enough to cover them as well to prepare for rostering my first two 3* dupes. Guess I won't be using shields for a bit. RIP decent pvp placement.
  • Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 986 Critical Contributor
    If you're like me and don't have a character right now for a discounted roster slot, it may be an idea to just roster any character and sell that character once you get a suitable one for that slot.
This discussion has been closed.