Roster Slot Discount *Updated (1/8/18)

Comments

• Akari
    Akari Posts: 492 Mover and Shaker
    justsing said:
    Time to buy some roster slots for upcoming 3* dupes.

Just wondering... under what conditions does the game automatically apply a cover to an empty slot? Is it only for a character you don't already have rostered?
    It has to be a character that isn't rostered at the time you pull the token. Generally my slots get filled with 1* right away.
  • Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 986 Critical Contributor
    Akari said:
    justsing said:

Just wondering... under what conditions does the game automatically apply a cover to an empty slot? Is it only for a character you don't already have rostered?
    It has to be a character that isn't rostered at the time you pull the token. Generally my slots get filled with 1* right away.
    Isnt that tricky? What if you pulled a 3* or higher that you could use on a rostered character and in stead it fills your open roster slot?
  • Akari
    Akari Posts: 492 Mover and Shaker
    Dogface said:
    Akari said:
    justsing said:

Isnt that tricky? What if you pulled a 3* or higher that you could use on a rostered character and in stead it fills your open roster slot?
    If it's an extra power level or a champ level, it won't auto roster. It must be a character that is not currently in your roster at all.
  • Tucsonjon
    Tucsonjon Posts: 36 Just Dropped In
    Dogface said:
    If you're like me and don't have a character right now for a discounted roster slot, it may be an idea to just roster any character and sell that character once you get a suitable one for that slot.

Are you aware you can buy as many roster slots as you want and you don't need a character cover to do it? 
  • Tucsonjon
    Tucsonjon Posts: 36 Just Dropped In
    Tucsonjon said:
    Dogface said:
    If you're like me and don't have a character right now for a discounted roster slot, it may be an idea to just roster any character and sell that character once you get a suitable one for that slot.

Are you aware you can buy as many roster slots as you want and you don't need a character cover to do it? 

Just buy as many discounted slots as you want on the first page of the roster screen.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    Tucsonjon said:
    Dogface said:

Just so everyone is aware, after your 300th slot, the normal cost increases to 2000HP per slot. Although you'll be saving with this sale, it will bring you closer to paying more sooner

@Brigby can we expect the cost of slots after 300 to stay at 2000HP?
  • killercool
    killercool Posts: 280 Mover and Shaker
    Tucsonjon said:
    Dogface said:

Just so everyone is aware, after your 300th slot, the normal cost increases to 2000HP per slot. Although you'll be saving with this sale, it will bring you closer to paying more sooner

@Brigby can we expect the cost of slots after 300 to stay at 2000HP?
    I was not aware of the jump to 2000HP per slot after the 300th slot.  From memory when they announced the 1000HP cap I thought it was every slot after slot number X will cost 1000HP.  I don't recall mention of any further increments.

Makes me sort of sad to hear this, but as I am only at 171 slots it will be a long time until it has impact on me I guess.

• carrion_pigeons
    carrion_pigeons Posts: 942 Critical Contributor
    Just bought 34 slots.  Not really any plans to do anything with them, but it's easily going to eventually be the most cost effective way to spend the HP from the Steam sale.  Sometime this year I imagine I'll start max champing 3*s and I'll be happy not to have to blow the extra HP for slots then.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Tucsonjon said:
    Dogface said:

Brigby can we expect the cost of slots after 300 to stay at 2000HP?
    As of right now, I'm unaware of any changes to the cost of roster slots past the 300th one. 
  • LifeofAgony
    LifeofAgony Posts: 690 Critical Contributor
    It’s 2k hp for roster slot number 301, I can provide SS should you need @Brigby

Yet another uncommunicated change;  just a surprise.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,939 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have 18k HP (Just blew 800 on essentially nothing sadly, but whatever).  Will probably spend 15k on slots. And then more right before the sale ends depending on what my stash looks like. I have only 11 out of the 47 3* dupes rostered so I’ll need those slots eventually. Though I have three slots for each 2* and there are about to be a bunch of empties as I’m selling off 13 max 2s to champ some 4s and save a bunch of covers. 
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    It’s 2k hp for roster slot number 301, I can provide SS should you need @Brigby

Yet another uncommunicated change;  just a surprise.
    Just post it. Don’t wait for someone to ask for it...
  • TheZeusBear
    TheZeusBear Posts: 150 Tile Toppler
    @Brigby

If I bought around 40 roster slots over the past 2-3 days, is it possible to get a reimbursement from CS? Assuming if you were in the office, a sneak peak would have been shown of an upcoming sale which would have let me wait until today to splurge. 
    Big difference in spending 40,000 hp and spending 32,000.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    @Brigby

If I bought around 40 roster slots over the past 2-3 days, is it possible to get a reimbursement from CS? Assuming if you were in the office, a sneak peak would have been shown of an upcoming sale which would have let me wait until today to splurge. 
    Big difference in spending 40,000 hp and spending 32,000.

Idk if CS will refund HP but in my experience if you purchased HP within 24hrs prior to a Sale, they gave you the difference. Unfortunately if you made the purchase more than 2 days ago than they denied you. 

Hopefully since this is the first time in the history of MPQ that they've ran a Roster Slot sale that they will accommodate players who recently made slot purchases. We'll see
  • Dauntless74
    Dauntless74 Posts: 33 Just Dropped In
    I've just bought 3 slots in the discount sale but I haven't received any. Now it's asking me to buy a slot to recruit the 5s Thor I've just got. What's going on,please?
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've just bought 3 slots in the discount sale but I haven't received any. Now it's asking me to buy a slot to recruit the 5s Thor I've just got. What's going on,please?
    Check to make sure it didn't auto roster characters.  If you open a token and there's a character you don't have rostered and you have free slots it will auto roster.  For example if you have only 1 rostered 1* and you bought 3 slots, most likely the next 3 1*s you pulled would have taken those slots.  Selling them with 1 cover and no levels is the same price as selling them from the vine so it's no loss, just a hassle.
  • Qubort
    Qubort Posts: 203 Tile Toppler
    bluewolf said:
    mr_X said:
    bluewolf said:
    mr_X said:
    Nice. Lot of people wanted this for a long time.

Though I wish there had been more notice on this.

I just bought 25 roster slots after digital day. I know somebody else who did the same : (
    No offense, but did a lot of people want a 6 day discount on roster slots for “a long time”?  Given that we have added 30% more characters over the past year, this could be permanent and players would still have increased roster costs.  Especially given that we’ll see, I’m sure, another 30-ish new characters this year.

Yes. Alot of people have wanted the price lowered on roster slots. This is first step in that direction that I can remember. I think you pick to much at my sentence to be honest
    You are right. No offense. It is nice to have a discount.  I just feel like they could reduce costs permanently given the number of characters in game.

Why would they decrease their revenue stream? Sure it'd be nice but I fail to see any reason for them to make a permanent price change.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,734 Chairperson of the Boards
    Qubort said:
    bluewolf said:
    mr_X said:
    bluewolf said:
    mr_X said:
    Nice. Lot of people wanted this for a long time.

Though I wish there had been more notice on this.

I just bought 25 roster slots after digital day. I know somebody else who did the same : (
    No offense, but did a lot of people want a 6 day discount on roster slots for “a long time”?  Given that we have added 30% more characters over the past year, this could be permanent and players would still have increased roster costs.  Especially given that we’ll see, I’m sure, another 30-ish new characters this year.

Yes. Alot of people have wanted the price lowered on roster slots. This is first step in that direction that I can remember. I think you pick to much at my sentence to be honest
    You are right. No offense. It is nice to have a discount.  I just feel like they could reduce costs permanently given the number of characters in game.

Why would they decrease their revenue stream? Sure it'd be nice but I fail to see any reason for them to make a permanent price change.
    They have decreased the roster slot cost in the past.  It’s not like I’m suggesting something that’s unprecedented. There are 30% more characters in game than a year ago. I’m sure another 25% or so increase this coming year. Even a 10% permanent drop in roster costs would keep the company ahead while being a nice giveback to players.

A year ago, to roster 1 1* plus all other characters would have been 108 roster slots. Today it’s 142 roster slots.  In a year it will be 176.  
  • NotBAMF
    NotBAMF Posts: 408 Mover and Shaker

I'm relatively happy with this. I only have 6000 coins, but I might spend 4000 to get 5 spots and essentially get a free one.

Too bad I don't have anyone to roster ATM, heh.

• Dauntless74
    Dauntless74 Posts: 33 Just Dropped In
    broll said:
    Check to make sure it didn't auto roster characters.  If you open a token and there's a character you don't have rostered and you have free slots it will auto roster.  For example if you have only 1 rostered 1* and you bought 3 slots, most likely the next 3 1*s you pulled would have taken those slots.  Selling them with 1 cover and no levels is the same price as selling them from the vine so it's no loss, just a hassle. 

Yeah that's exactly what happened. With over 135 characters, I didn't notice I had a few errant 1*s that had tagged along. Cheers. 

This discussion has been closed.