MPQ at Marvel.com (America Chavez) (12/20/17)

Options
1235»

Comments

• Vold
    Vold Posts: 166 Tile Toppler
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Just learn something about her traps I find interesting.

I manage to create two colours of traps already but her traps were triggered... How?

When I recheck the video, turns out when the enemy Hulk's anger changed one of the trap's colour, it became the third trap colour and triggered her power, kicking the "star"

So it may be possible that Doom, Mystique, Black Widow? can change a trap colour,
    not sure if u can select ur own traps or only the enemy can do it, since they can't see the trap.

Are Doom's trap counted as well??? Oo
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Vold said:
    Just learn something about her traps I find interesting.

I manage to create two colours of traps already but her traps were triggered... How?

When I recheck the video, turns out when the enemy Hulk's anger changed one of the trap's colour, it became the third trap colour and triggered her power, kicking the "star"

So it may be possible that Doom, Mystique, Black Widow? can change a trap colour,
    not sure if u can select ur own traps or only the enemy can do it, since they can't see the trap.

Are Doom's trap counted as well??? Oo
    It's quite possible to change a trap's color, I have used 2* Ms Marvel to change a trap tile to a teamup tile and the trap was still there. I don't think you can target the trap tiles with a color change power though so it needs to be an untargeted color change. Mystique and Doom should be good, I don't think GSBW would work though. 2* Magneto might be able to change it to red but not to blue. 3* Iron Fist should also be valid.
    Nick Fury might work well with America since his Demolition traps end up on random colors.
  • Vold
    Options
    Quebbster said:
    Nick Fury might work well with America since his Demolition traps end up on random colors.
    Assuming other traps count.

when I click on her traps it has its own stats showing.
  • Quebbster
    Options
    Vold said:
    Quebbster said:

Ah. That would complicate things.
  • carrion_pigeons
    carrion_pigeons Posts: 942 Critical Contributor
    Options
    wymtime said:

More people are going to be happy about a Christmas release than not, and the only reason you all think this is some kind of abuse rather than a favor is because you're all forgetting that you form a disproportionate chunk of the winner's metagame, and the entitlement that comes with that status is tough to fight off.
    Just along this line of thinking I believe you are wrong.  Most people celebrate Christmas so having to play a mobile game to try and get the new release character rather than spending time with family is a poor decision.  
    Having the new release over Christmas break is a fine idea as many people take the week off and having a new release surfing this time many people could be happy about.  If they started the event Christmas Day it would actually give more flexibility to the event because you don’t need to start an event right at opening to place.  Starting the event on Christmas Day would let players spend time time with family opening gifts, go to church, eat dinner as a family, go see a movie and get Chinese food(yes I’m Jewish and this is my family’s tradition). Everyone will probably have different times during the day they will be able to play and start the event, but if the event is already running there is only 1 optimal way to play and having that on Christmas Day is something most players would rather not deal with.
    Most players *don't* deal with it, that's my point.  Most players don't play optimally, like at all. That's a forum thing.

Let me suggest something which I've done successfully in the past: just don't join the event until day 2 or 3, whenever you feel like you can commit.  You'll be shocked at the lower amount of effort required to place, even with a regular release event.  Join, say, late on Christmas Day?  It'll be the easiest new character you ever got.
    Just want to point out to all the people who didn't want to play optimally over the holiday, that my bracket included 13 people who made progression, and I got 30th place only playing two of the subs, and fully clearing neither of them.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,305 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2017
    Options
    I was in a 2.8 bracket.  Joined on the 24th.  Finished 30th with non-optimal clears.  But - the bracket never filled up.  954 players at the end.  Interesting.
  • gmtosca
    gmtosca Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    edited December 2017
    Options
    1/1/1 78 America, SHIELD Training vs Wasp UGH.  With all passives, she's a little vulnerable alone.
  • Quebbster
    Options
    1/1/1 78 America, SHIELD Training vs Wasp UGH.  With all passives, she's a little vulnerable alone.
    Yeah, I might just cave and use a teamup to down Wasp. It would help a lot if I had a single red cover of course...
  • gmtosca
    gmtosca Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Quebbster said:
    Yeah, I might just cave and use a teamup to down Wasp. It would help a lot if I had a single red cover of course...
    I had to do it twice because Wasp was just stinging like crazy the 1st time..
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Quebbster said:
    I had to do it twice because Wasp was just stinging like crazy the 1st time..
    I just used AP boosts to have more AP than her and start generating crits right off the bat. I suppose that could have backfired if she had gotten a good cascade on her opening move, but it didn't. Took just several matches with a crit each turn to finish her off. 

And for what it's worth, her PvP was pretty darn fun. Critical tiles errywhere for my champ 5* Daredevil. 
  • Vold
    Options
    Quebbster said:
    Vold said:
    Quebbster said:

It's like D3 is listening. :)

the new event lets us have America & Doc Doom together... get to test it out, turns out he's traps does not count...
    Guess only her own traps is what counts.
    :)
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Vold said:
    Quebbster said:
    Vold said:
    Quebbster said:

It's like D3 is listening. :)

the new event lets us have America & Doc Doom together... get to test it out, turns out he's traps does not count...
    Guess only her own traps is what counts.
    :)
    On the flip side, how annoyed would you be if you'd been saving up for Doom's Diabolical Plot, made a match four and had America remove all your trap tiles?  It's probably for the best that each character manages their own traps.