MPQ at Marvel.com (America Chavez) (12/20/17)

Options

Comments

• vinsensual
    vinsensual Posts: 458 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    What do the trap tiles do on their own?  Also unfortunate timing, since her book seems to be cancelled.  
  • tfcrazy1980
    tfcrazy1980 Posts: 131 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Do what i do, stop caring, stop spending, this is just another example of why me and my alliance have throttled back, common sense takes a backseat as usual
  • turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I’ll be working nights for a lot of Xmas week so having an event will help keep me awake!

i hate venom bomb though !!
  • JuanAV2141
    JuanAV2141 Posts: 46 Just Dropped In
    edited December 2017
    Options
    mexus said:
    "If the player has three different colored trap tiles, they are removed, deal damage and generate AP in that color."

In that which color?
    "Anytime the player makes a match 4 or greater, she creates trap tiles of that color."
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Look, I know nothing about the character and that's fine (I knew nothing about Cloak & Dagger either and they've grown on me). My problem is not the character choice, I'm sure she's interesting.

My problem is after we got the godlike Thanos DDQ last year, all we get is a 12 day event with a bit of Iso and some 4* covers? These are nice rewards but during the Thanos DDQ last year i got even more than this in 2 days! 

D3 please do the Thanos event again. If nothing else, that would be sufficient.
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2017
    Options
    mexus said:
    "If the player has three different colored trap tiles, they are removed, deal damage and generate AP in that color."

In that which color?
    "Anytime the player makes a match 4 or greater, she creates trap tiles of that color."
    Sucks that they nerfed trap tiles.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It is becoming extremely apparent that D3 and Demi does not like or respect the player base.  They talk about Quailty of Life when they give you the option of turning the animations off. While this is nice and since it make things fast, I guess this could be considered QoL. Then the put a new darn release over a world wide holiday.  One of the biggest holiday of the year, and yes I am aware not everybody celebrates Christmas.   This is just another slap in the face to the player base that we cannot put this game down for one gosh darn day. All because they want to "stick to their scheduled releases".  It is decisions like this that drive people away from the game more and more.  

Before some people say that you can make your decision if you want to play or not, which is very true, they could of darn well move things around to avoid this but said at their confernace table "Nope. We will do a new release over Christmas because we can."  Such a bad way to end a year with a lot of turmoil in the game.  This is not looking good going into 2018. 
    Aren't their scheduled releases always on a Thursday? So they are changing their release schedule to INTENTIONALLY run the event over Christmas
    This is an international game, and there are plenty of people that don't celebrate Christmas. I'm pretty sure those people have other times of the year they wish they could have a break or something for a holiday (whether other religions, or related to non-US nations, or just personal stuff), and have the same "do I play?" decision to make.

The fairest thing to do is to run the game the same way year-round regardless, so everyone is affected the same way.

Venom Bomb didn't kill us two Christmases ago, Thanos didn't last year. This too, shall pass.

I'll be playing MPQ sub-optimally during the breaks when family members are refilling coffee cups, or stopping to clean up loose wrapping paper (or getting the cats out of the Christmas tree...), but I don't lament the game running on Christmas. I choose to pay instead of just putting it down.
  • redviper85
    redviper85 Posts: 62 Match Maker
    Options
    JHawkInc said:
    It is becoming extremely apparent that D3 and Demi does not like or respect the player base.  They talk about Quailty of Life when they give you the option of turning the animations off. While this is nice and since it make things fast, I guess this could be considered QoL. Then the put a new darn release over a world wide holiday.  One of the biggest holiday of the year, and yes I am aware not everybody celebrates Christmas.   This is just another slap in the face to the player base that we cannot put this game down for one gosh darn day. All because they want to "stick to their scheduled releases".  It is decisions like this that drive people away from the game more and more.  

Before some people say that you can make your decision if you want to play or not, which is very true, they could of darn well move things around to avoid this but said at their confernace table "Nope. We will do a new release over Christmas because we can."  Such a bad way to end a year with a lot of turmoil in the game.  This is not looking good going into 2018. 
    Aren't their scheduled releases always on a Thursday? So they are changing their release schedule to INTENTIONALLY run the event over Christmas
    This is an international game, and there are plenty of people that don't celebrate Christmas. I'm pretty sure those people have other times of the year they wish they could have a break or something for a holiday (whether other religions, or related to non-US nations, or just personal stuff), and have the same "do I play?" decision to make.

The fairest thing to do is to run the game the same way year-round regardless, so everyone is affected the same way.

Venom Bomb didn't kill us two Christmases ago, Thanos didn't last year. This too, shall pass.

I'll be playing MPQ sub-optimally during the breaks when family members are refilling coffee cups, or stopping to clean up loose wrapping paper (or getting the cats out of the Christmas tree...), but I don't lament the game running on Christmas. I choose to pay instead of just putting it down.
    Are you saying it is fair or it is not. I agree with you that fairness would be sticking to the schedule however their previous schedule was release events starting on Thursday and ending on Sunday or Monday. 
  • Kishida
    Kishida Posts: 310 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    A Venom Bomb release event coinciding with Christmas for an all-passive character and Banner is the essential 5*? Apparently the MPQ playerbase was too naughty this year.  :|
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The only issue I have is the new release over Christmas.  If they kept the normal release schedule the new release event would be ending on New Year’s Day or New Year’s Eve.  Personally I would rather have an end date in New Year’s Day when we are just hanging around the house rather than on Christmas Day when we should be with family instead of thinking about getting our cleats in.

minor complaint on my part but it feels odd to have the event going on over Christmas Day 
  • ursopro
    ursopro Posts: 332 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    The biggest troll in all of this is that Banner is the 5* essential for VB
  • Avalanche Kincaid
    Avalanche Kincaid Posts: 83 Match Maker
    Options
    Venom Bomb with Banner essential you say??  One of my 3 unchamped 5*'s and one of the worst PvP for a new release over the holidays....my Xmas wish have come true!!!
  • Chameleon
    Chameleon Posts: 183 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Un-freaking-real!  Thanks to everyone who had a say in doing a new release over Christmas.  Oh, and thanks for putting ISO on sale and not HP!!
    /sarcasm
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    @Brigby
    Can the devs make sure that Banner is properly boosted in both forms this time? 
  • veny
    veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Cant wait to use her with Carnage and Medusa :D
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    JHawkInc said:

Are you saying it is fair or it is not. I agree with you that fairness would be sticking to the schedule however their previous schedule was release events starting on Thursday and ending on Sunday or Monday. 
    I think I quoted the wrong post. I meant that it wasn't fair to insist on special treatment because of Christmas, but I totally agree with you that it would have made more sense (and been easier to defend in relation to running the event over a holiday) if it were a normal Thursday release.

Honestly, I'm not too concerned about it, because running EotS afterwards means more covers in progression, and more event tokens to possibly pull her from a vault. As far as new characters go, they're giving out more covers than normal, even if it is a weird Sunday release to kick it off.

pheregas said:
    Let’s just ignore the fact that there’s yet another new character release over a worldwide holiday.

Let’s just sit and reflect on the fact that this is going to be the third new character in the last two weeks.

Slow down guys. Just slow down.
    If they slowed down she would be releasing on the 28th. Four days later. Because that's their schedule. This isn't any faster or slower than any other releases for the rest of the past two years (except for the first run of Civil War, really).
  • DiscoStucat
    DiscoStucat Posts: 22 Just Dropped In
    edited December 2017
    Options
     New character release over christmas? Jerks
  • DiscoStucat
    DiscoStucat Posts: 22 Just Dropped In
    Options
    You can skip events, you know. Even new releases.
    That’s what the devs were going for.  Just skip it.
    That’s how you respect your player base.  Just skip it. Here’s a holiday token.
    That’s how you keep a 4 year old game thriving. Just skip it.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Those wondering “why America Chavez now?” might be interested in this:

https://news.marvel.com/tv/81626/marvel-to-launch-new-animation-franchise-marvel-rising/

She is part of an animated feature film coming next year.