MPQ at Marvel.com (America Chavez) (12/20/17)

Options
LakeStone
LakeStone Posts: 1,377 Community Moderator
edited December 2017 in MPQ Character Discussion
Hi Everyone - 
America Chavez punches her way into Marvel Puzzle Quest!  
Check out 4-Star America Chavez - HERE

Tagged:

Comments

• madoctor
    madoctor Posts: 292 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Oh my... Venom Bomb as release event during Christmas AND Enemy of The State for New Year.

Nice holiday season guys...
  • ursopro
    ursopro Posts: 332 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Happy holidays indeed :D
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,154 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    mexus said:
    "If the player has three different colored trap tiles, they are removed, deal damage and generate AP in that color."

In that which color?
    I assume whichever colors the trap tiles are on, but yes, we'll need more specifics.

When she was first mentioned as an option back in that poll about a year ago I was not looking forward to her. Now I am! She seems like she'll be a lot of fun to play with. If the numbers are right, she could also potentially shake up the current hierarchy.
  • redviper85
    redviper85 Posts: 62 Match Maker
    Options
    Someone please tell me this is a typo. A 7-day venom bomb that is also a release event. Oh and during Christmas no less. 
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,294 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It is a typo.  VB will be standard length.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Who will be the required 5star in Venom Bomb? 
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    A new character release over Christmas, yes, just what we needed.  :/
  • MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 950 Critical Contributor
    Options
    mexus said:
    "If the player has three different colored trap tiles, they are removed, deal damage and generate AP in that color."

In that which color?
    In a screenshot in the article (of the ability description) it indicates AP in the colors the traps are on.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Still no double ISO or Mad Titan DDQ.  Christmas is ruined forever. 
  • Rhipf
    Rhipf Posts: 294 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    mexus said:

In that which color?

Based on the context I would say that the color would be whatever color created the 4 tile match.

Full quote of power:

Her second ability, Ticket to the Multiverse, is a Yellow Passive. Every time the player matches four or greater, trap tiles are created in that color. If the player has three different colored trap tiles, they are removed, deal damage and generate AP in that color.

• Rick_OShay
    Rick_OShay Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Vs goons who only accrue 1 or 2 AP colors. Crit city.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Enemy of the State as the first featured PvE is actually pretty neat since it is the one with the most token opportunities, and the America and Friends vault seems to be open long during the entire run. There should be plenty of opportunities to pull from that vault, particularly if you get Daily Deals too.
    It does look like the release event will have a classic essential fivestar. Hope it's not Dr Strange, he's the one candidate I don't have rostered. I guess Enemy of the State will have Daredevil as the essential Latest fivestar for the last time...
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    What a bunch of strooges they're being for Christmas. I assume then, they're not taking off for holidays and working the entire time to ensure no bugs happen...
  • thedarkphoenix
    thedarkphoenix Posts: 557 Critical Contributor
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Her and strange are going to be nice in pve.
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2017
    Options
    It is becoming extremely apparent that D3 and Demi does not like or respect the player base.  They talk about Quailty of Life when they give you the option of turning the animations off. While this is nice and since it make things fast, I guess this could be considered QoL. Then the put a new darn release over a world wide holiday.  One of the biggest holiday of the year, and yes I am aware not everybody celebrates Christmas.   This is just another slap in the face to the player base that we cannot put this game down for one gosh darn day. All because they want to "stick to their scheduled releases".  It is decisions like this that drive people away from the game more and more.  

Before some people say that you can make your decision if you want to play or not, which is very true, they could of darn well move things around to avoid this but said at their confernace table "Nope. We will do a new release over Christmas because we can."  Such a bad way to end a year with a lot of turmoil in the game.  This is not looking good going into 2018. 
  • redviper85
    redviper85 Posts: 62 Match Maker
    edited December 2017
    Options
    It is becoming extremely apparent that D3 and Demi does not like or respect the player base.  They talk about Quailty of Life when they give you the option of turning the animations off. While this is nice and since it make things fast, I guess this could be considered QoL. Then the put a new darn release over a world wide holiday.  One of the biggest holiday of the year, and yes I am aware not everybody celebrates Christmas.   This is just another slap in the face to the player base that we cannot put this game down for one gosh darn day. All because they want to "stick to their scheduled releases".  It is decisions like this that drive people away from the game more and more.  

Before some people say that you can make your decision if you want to play or not, which is very true, they could of darn well move things around to avoid this but said at their confernace table "Nope. We will do a new release over Christmas because we can."  Such a bad way to end a year with a lot of turmoil in the game.  This is not looking good going into 2018. 
    Aren't their scheduled releases always on a Thursday? So they are changing their release schedule to INTENTIONALLY run the event over Christmas