Soul Gem Season Updates *Updated (12/13/17)

Comments

• Kid_Dash
    Kid_Dash Posts: 6 Just Dropped In
    Seriously guys, Gambit is a 5* he's supposed to be strong.  I never thought the vanilla version of 5Gambit was OP and didn't need a nerf, since he was  actually pretty slow by himself.  He wasn't nasty until you paired him with Blackbolt.  Now they've changed him and ya'll are STILL unhappy? Lol.... Blows my mind... 
  • adamdivine
    adamdivine Posts: 136 Tile Toppler
    I agree that a 0/0/5 5* Gambit was in issue, but i really wish they had left 3* Gambit alone. Using a 3* gambattery opened up so much of my roster that is not slammed shut again. 
  • Player1575
    Player1575 Posts: 253 Mover and Shaker
    Was having tons of fun with 3* gambit + Deadpool this week, even though I have 40 champed 4*s.  Guess I can just not both in ever using 3*s other than im40 and switch again.
  • PorkBelly
    PorkBelly Posts: 533 Critical Contributor
    The 5* Gambit changes are inadequate.

The developers should have just changed the 5* version in the same way as the 3*.
  • DrDevilDinosaur
    DrDevilDinosaur Posts: 436 Mover and Shaker
    edited December 2017

The change to 5* Gambit seems fine. As it's been written in the description provided to Brigby, the enemy AP destruction doesn't kick in until Rank 4 and 5. If you want that benefit, then you'll need to reduce one of his active abilities. Of course, it makes 5/5/3 a much more appealing build, since that's already the maximum amount of AP generation for Black and strongest options for both Purple and Red. That said, I would not be surprised if 4/4/5 is the default build when paired with Bolt.

Edit: Also, big shout out to the devs for providing their insights like that. Really appreciate it and would love to see more of it (and maybe devs would like to engage the forums in advance next time? that way broken characters might not need emergency repair work like this again?)

• ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2017
    They fixed the issue of running either Gambit as a battery for OTHER characters, which was the larger game balance issue to me. I'd rather they see how the meta adjusts before deciding if more action is needed than over-nerf him completely in the first place.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Am I reading the 5* correctly?
    People are saying it's not a nerf but a buff, but it seems his passive has no stipulation on "active abilities" like before, simply that he generates AP and blocks usage of red and purple by other characters.

So he'll generate the AP but only he can use it. Sure that's still pretty powerful, but it means you can hook up a red and/or purple 4* or 5* with a 0/0/5 Gambit because he's blocking the use of their powers, so you'll gain a ton of AP you can't utilise.

Unless, as I say, I'm reading it wrong?
  • Pr0spect0r
    Pr0spect0r Posts: 291 Mover and Shaker
    People are saying it's not a nerf but a buff, but it seems his passive has no stipulation on "active abilities" like before, simply that he generates AP and blocks usage of red and purple by other characters.

So he'll generate the AP but only he can use it. Sure that's still pretty powerful, but it means you can hook up a red and/or purple 4* or 5* with a 0/0/5 Gambit because he's blocking the use of their powers, so you'll gain a ton of AP you can't utilise.

The buff they are talking about is that now at higher levels the 5 star destroys enemy ap as well
  • evade420
    evade420 Posts: 440 Mover and Shaker
    Nice job , 5* is still great but more manageable on defense 
    3* is where it should be 
    I will miss gambatt and feel like it was not very dangerous as it's really only viable for climbing , 3* gets murdered on defense .

• justsing
    justsing Posts: 507 Critical Contributor
    Guess I won't be using 3* Gambit unless he's an essential after the nerf...
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dammit now I can't get easy covers for new releases in CL6 anymore. Demi/D3 could fix a lot of the game if they would turn the 5* node into a boss node (they could still have a 5* node on CL9), and improve CL8's top 20 rewards to encourage more people to go up.
  • RunningMan
    RunningMan Posts: 28 Just Dropped In
    @Brigby

Will the 5* Gambit black at 4/5 covers target empty enemy AP pools as well?
  • huktonfonix
    huktonfonix Posts: 214 Tile Toppler
    @Brigby

This is a very important question.
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm expecting it will work like Loki's Mischief countdowns, but guess we will see what Brigby says.
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,156 Chairperson of the Boards
    @Brigby

This is a very important question.
    That's what I assumed, since it's random he enemy Gambit could very easily target AP pools you either don't have or need.
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards

You'd need to either wait for him to die, or have some way to stun him or send him airborne.  None of which are really reliable enough to make him useful like he was before.
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,156 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm glad Gambattery is dead, but I'm bummed that this is the second season in a row there are no character improvements.