Soul Gem Season Updates *Updated (12/13/17)

Options

Comments

• Akari
    Akari Posts: 492 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Gambit changes are good. Also helps vs people with troll 5* Gambits without red/purple covers.

I'm more curious about the min/max levels for CL6 for PvE. The main reason people would go down that far would be because they don't have the 5* rostered. The massive dilution of Classic tokens has still never been addressed, so this is going to continue to be a problem for a while.
  • TetsujinOni
    TetsujinOni Posts: 181 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I welcome this change to my 463 Gambit. I don't think it was strong enough - the red is still too good because it can charge red.
  • CharlieCroker
    CharlieCroker Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    AlexxKats said:
    Uhmmm... Isn't Gambit a thief in trade? Shouldn't he steal those ap? :)
    I will concede that 5* Gambit is a pretty decent representation of the character.  Still doesn't make him any less broken when compared to the rest of the 5* tier though.
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,410 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    @Brigby any updates to 4* champion rewards? 
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    @Pongiesaid:
    Brigby any updates to 4* champion rewards? 
    As of right now, I don't have any further updates about 4-Star Champion rewards
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,260 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Oh yay... you slightly slowed down 5* Gambit...  it will take him 2 more turns before destroying you now... *sigh*
  • AlexxKats
    AlexxKats Posts: 99 Match Maker
    Options
    Also, 5* gambit wording on passive seems to not take into account if gambit has active powers in red/purple. Is that the case @Brigby ? Is 5* possible whale gambattery also dead in the water?
  • NotBAMF
    NotBAMF Posts: 408 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I sincerely hope there is a yet-unannounced change to PVP like there was last season...

But yes, the changes to Gambit are nifty, I guess. 
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

NOOOOOOOO!! My dup 005, 500 and 055 3* Gambits are useless now!

lol I saw this coming though. I took full advantage this time. I also cannot complain since there will be an increased Buy Back. They could have easily patched his Black so there wouldn't be a back buy.

I am surprised the devs finally did something about it, but of course they overnerfed 3* Gambit. Now he is trash. 5* did not receive a OML type nerf because they still want their Whale money. His black is really only a nerf to F2P players who have a few black covers. This does not affect champed 5* Gambits much.. heck it might be better now.

• therightwaye
    therightwaye Posts: 459 Mover and Shaker
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Will Bonus Hero chances apply to Marvel Legend store pulls? @Brigby

• Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    Also, 5* gambit wording on passive seems to not take into account if gambit has active powers in red/purple. Is that the case Brigby  ? Is 5* possible whale gambattery also dead in the water?
    5-Star Gambit's allies will not be able to use Red/Purple active abilities, regardless of if there are levels in his Red or Purple abilities or not.

"(PASSIVE) Gambit finds an advantage for himself at any cost. At the start of the turn, gain Purple AP, Red AP, and destroy enemy AP from a random color. Gambit's Allies may not fire Purple or Red powers."
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,410 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Brigby said:
    Also, 5* gambit wording on passive seems to not take into account if gambit has active powers in red/purple. Is that the case Brigby  ? Is 5* possible whale gambattery also dead in the water?
    5-Star Gambit's allies will not be able to use Red/Purple active abilities, regardless of if there are levels in his Red or Purple abilities or not.

"(PASSIVE) Gambit finds an advantage for himself at any cost. At the start of the turn, gain Purple AP, Red AP, and destroy enemy AP from a random color. Gambit's Allies may not fire Purple or Red powers."

Even when your gambit is downed?
  • AlexxKats
    edited December 2017
    Options
    @Brigby

Great! Can we ask for the rewards tables (progression/ranking) for pvp clearance level 9 as well?

Also, it will have to be addressed at some time what akari said (check top of this page), regarding pve and 5* essentials, which is a result of the HORRIBLE classic legendary pull rates...
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Akari said:
    Gambit changes are good. Also helps vs people with troll 5* Gambits without red/purple covers.

I'm more curious about the min/max levels for CL6 for PvE. The main reason people would go down that far would be because they don't have the 5* rostered. The massive dilution of Classic tokens has still never been addressed, so this is going to continue to be a problem for a while.

Good point! I didn't even see this! They hid it at the problem and everyone will be distracted with the Gambit changes. I agree it sucks if we do not have the 5* but they drastically lowered the rewarded points for SCL 7 that it does not entirely affect placement. It will only suck for new releases. Regardless I agree that they need a solution to the 5* Classic dilution problem though.

• AlexxKats
    Options
    Pongie said:
    Brigby said:

Even when your gambit is downed?
    Uhmmmm... Passives of a character are supposed to never work when downed... Unless we get Elixir as a character, in which case i can understand (resurection powers)
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    One request though: 
    Don't mess up Scl9 pvp by putting an LT for first place and first place alone.
  • darkestcurse
    darkestcurse Posts: 54 Match Maker
    Options
    I welcome the minor Nerf to the 5*.  As someone who has loved my 4* and 5* wolverines (always been one of my favorite characters) and watching them get hit out of the park with the nerf bat, I would rather they try a small adjustment first and see if it was enough.  I'm still waiting for WXF 4* to be boosted a little more.  He was my first championed 4* way back when there were just a few 4*'s in the field.  Again, we all saw this nerf coming, but many of us were terrified to see how badly Gambit was going to be hit into the ground.  He is still a fearsome 5*, and easily earns his stars, but they did drop him down a peg.  (Still top of the pack in my book, but closer to the rest).
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Brigby said:

S.H.I.E.L.D. Clearance Level Maximum S.H.I.E.L.D. Ranks

S.H.I.E.L.D. Clearance Levels 1 through 6 will now have both minimum and maximum S.H.I.E.L.D. Ranks. The ranges are listed below:
    1. Rank 1 through 14
    2. Rank 7 through 19
    3. Rank 10 through 26
    4. Rank 15 through 31
    5. Rank 20 through 46
    6. Rank 27 through 68
    7. Rank 32 and higher
    8. Rank 47 and higher
    9. Rank 65 and higher
    I have to say, I'm glad I took my PVE vacation down to SCL 3 when I had the chance.  I see where they don't want people dropping down and stealing placement, but I kind of wish they left it so you can still play below your class, but with the caveat that you wouldn't factor into placement (as if you were "Player 1001" in brackets containing someone sandboxed).  I had zero interest in SCL 3 placement rewards when i played down there, but it was really nice stomping on badly out-classed Dark Avengers for a break from the regular grind of PVE... :)