MPQ Sneak Peek: December 2017 Edition *Updated (12/22/17)

Options

Comments

• cpeyton3535
    cpeyton3535 Posts: 256 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Think they just got their dates flat out wrong in the article.  At least I hope so.

I do like that America will be the progression reward of a 7 day event.  
  • Rick_OShay
    Rick_OShay Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Now we realize why trap tiles were nerfed.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2017
    Options
    No mention of double ISO either. I love this game and all, but am reaching the point where something's gotta give. I'm perpetually out of ISO, and just when it feels like I'm getting a decent amount accrued, something else comes up to demand more. 

For example, I just happened to pull Spider-Gwen's 14th cover from my Thick as Thieves vault. Should be a happy moment, right? Instead I stifled a sigh of frustration as it meant I now need to commit roughly 284K to level and champ her. Oh, and wouldn't you know it, I pulled a 14th cover for my dupe Lazy Cap too. There's another 127K I need. 

I know, I know, first world problems and all that, but I had this little glimmer of hope of double ISO around Christmas, ever since it was shut off after the anniversary events. It wouldn't come close to fixing everything (my ISO shortage is well into the millions), but it would have helped some and, more than anything, been a nice psychological boost. 
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Brigby said:
    Hi Everyone. I spoke with the developers, and it would appear there are some intentional changes that are different from the normal routine.

Deadpool Daily Quest: Savory event will be run twice with the same missions over the next couple of weeks. The Big Enchilada 3-Star covers, and the Crash of the Titan mission, have been chosen based on their popularity from the community. The routine will return to normal on January 3rd.
    This seems really odd. Instead of giving things people loved last year like double ISO, double DDQ/Mad Titan, and a kick tinykitty vault you mix up the order which is something no one is asking for...  *slow clap*
  • jgomes32
    jgomes32 Posts: 381 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Such a weak end of the year. 12 Days of Marvel just doesn't feel special, it's one match per day with1k iso and 3 4* covers. Unless the Marvel article forgot to mention double iso and Crash of the Mad Titan this is a major disappointment.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    *(12/20/17) Brigby - Updated Versus events, Story events, Deadpool's Dailies, and added Marvel's article on America Chavez
  • DarthDeVo
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Snowball Fight! (12/21/17) *New Update*
    Double Iso for Placement and Progression Rewards!

@Brigby double ISO for this event only? I'm gonna assume yes, since this is the only event where double ISO is specifically mentioned.
  • LifeofAgony
    LifeofAgony Posts: 690 Critical Contributor
    Options
    @Brigby the preview says Venom Bomb starts 12/21, but in game preview is Meet Grocket.  What’s right?
  • Brigby
    edited December 2017
    Options
    @DarthDeVo
    As of right now, that's the only event I'm aware of that specifically has double ISO-8 available for placement and progression rewards

@LifeofAgony
    Venom Bomb should be starting on the 24th. I've corrected the date to reflect this
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,333 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DarthDeVo said:
    Snowball Fight! (12/21/17) *New Update*
    Double Iso for Placement and Progression Rewards!

@Brigby double ISO for this event only? I'm gonna assume yes, since this is the only event where double ISO is specifically mentioned.
    I’m actually ok with no double iso on a new release.  Talk about grinding.
  • DarthDeVo
    Options
    Brigby said:
    @DarthDeVo
    As of right now, that's the only event I'm aware of that specifically has double ISO-8 available for placement and progression rewards
    *Le sigh*

Thank you for your prompt reply @Brigby.

I'll take what I can get, because I'm millions of ISO in the hole, but please let the team know how disappointing this is. I've been waiting for double ISO at Christmastime literally since the last event featuring it during the anniversary events ended.

I'm trying real hard not to be too salty, but looking forward to double ISO only to receive an ISO "sale" featuring not-a-lot of ISO for a whole lot of money, an event that gives us 12,400 ISO (yes, and three 4* covers) over 12 days, and one 60-hour PvP of double ISO is extremely underwhelming and very disheartening. And that's putting it pretty mildly. 
  • Player1575
    Player1575 Posts: 253 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Can't believe you guys are doing a new character release that starts on Christmas Eve. This may be the dumbest thing you've ever done in regards to the game.
  • LifeofAgony
    Options
    It’s been done before - Miles release was during Christmas 2 years ago.
  • Smart80
    Smart80 Posts: 748 Critical Contributor
    edited December 2017
    Options
    But 2 years ago, Christmas Eve was on a thursday. Still would have gone with something else and put off new releases till the new year, but that was understandable.

But this time, they actually moved the release from weekend to midweek, to have it during the days that many of us have very little time to play... *mindblown*

Edit: so you (1) pick the most annoying pve, (2) move release event from weekend to midweek for no reason, (3) land it on the busiest days of the year, (5) pick a new toon nobody knows or wants and (6) top it of with THE worst 5* essential?

I wanted to wish d3 a merry Xmas, but instead i wish you what you give to us... pffff
  • LifeofAgony
    Options
    So no sneak peek for Meet Rocket and Grocket pve?  Just skipping this one?
  • Smart80
    Smart80 Posts: 748 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Are you actually excited about paying 250cp to complete Banner? Now i’ve seen it all. :-)

Oh wait, you actually even 2 covers away from completion...
  • BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,163 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Smart80 said:
    Are you actually excited about paying 250cp to complete Banner? Now i’ve seen it all. :-)

Oh wait, you actually even 2 covers away from completion...
    I have no idea anymore. This game has long claimed my attempts at sanity.
  • Brigby
    Options
    So no sneak peek for Meet Rocket and Grocket pve?  Just skipping this one?
    Since you are able to see the preview in-game already, I have moved the details of the event into the spoiler section.
  • turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 769 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I’m one of the few people who will have plenty of game time over Xmas as I’m working night shifts during Xmas week but venom bomb !!! Why !!! 

My least favourite event, maybe I’ll just try to place top 50 and watch some Xmas movies instead 

happy holidays everyone :)