MPQ Sneak Peek: December 2017 Edition *Updated (12/22/17)

Options

Comments

• LifeofAgony
    LifeofAgony Posts: 690 Critical Contributor
    Options
    No update for the new pve or pvp that have started already.  Any reason?
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,326 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    No update for the new pve or pvp that have started already.  Any reason?
    “Out of office, check back tomorrow”
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    *(12/18/17) Brigby - Updated Versus events, Story events, Deadpool's Dailies, and Weekly Buffs
  • huktonfonix
    huktonfonix Posts: 214 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Brigby said:
    *(12/18/17) Brigby - Updated Versus events, Story events, Deadpool's Dailies, and Weekly Buffs
    Brigby - I don't know if it's possible, but it would be great if you could list the 5* essential in the first story event not in the preview.  We can tell who the required 2*, 3*, and 4* will be from the placement rewards for the previous event, but since 5* covers are not awarded we can't use that to predict the upcoming 5* essential.

For instance, whatever event comes after Meet Rocket & Groot will have:

Featured Characters
    5-Star: ???
    4-Star: Spider-Gwen
    3-Star: Iron Fist (Immortal Weapon)
    2-Star: Thor (Marvel NOW!)

Due to the scarcity of 5* covers and the tremendous cost to level them, they are the most difficulty to plan around in developing our rosters and we currently get the least information about them as far as who will be needed when.

Alternately, if 5* covers were added placement awards this would also solve this need!  ;)

• jgomes32
    jgomes32 Posts: 381 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    @Brigby the HfH store in-game points to Falcon as the next clash, not Carol. Also, are we expecting something else for holliday events? Clash of the Mad Titan? Double iso? 12 Days of Marvel really all we get this year?
  • LFChikarason
    LFChikarason Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    We would see Sam Wilson and Peggy before Carol in the Crash, I'm sure it's a simple oversight
  • ursopro
    ursopro Posts: 334 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    That savory list can't be right, did you just skip 2 weeks of required 3 characters?
    '
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2017
    Options
    4-Star: Spider-Gwen - Yellow, Red, Purple”

Of course shouts my 4/5/2 Spider Gwen.
    /cry

Edit:
    Also @Brigby
    Yiu didn’t update the name of the link in General Discussion. It still says last updated 12/13. 
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    broll said:
    “4-Star: Spider-Gwen - Yellow, Red, Purple”

Of course shouts my 4/5/2 Spider Gwen.
    /cry

Same boat for me and my 2/5/4 Gwen. At least we'll be getting that special HfH offer once we nab that Red cover from PvE progression
    Wouldn't you need to already have 12 covers for the extra red cover to trigger an HfH offer?
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    So it was Carol after all. Weird. And now HFH still has Flaptain and is previewing Peggy as well.
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2017
    Options
    jgomes32 said:
    @Brigby the HfH store in-game points to Falcon as the next clash, not Carol. Also, are we expecting something else for holliday events? Clash of the Mad Titan? Double iso? 12 Days of Marvel really all we get this year?
    ursopro said:
    That savory list can't be right, did you just skip 2 weeks of required 3 characters?
    '
    It looks like it was correct.  I just played a second day of Ant-Man, Captain Marvel, and Thor for Behemoth Burrito, Kamala is the featured 3*, and Captain Marvel featured for Crash.

I guess we're in uncharted territory now.

Edit: it looks like both Sam Wilson and Captain Marvel are available for HfH too.
  • broll
    Options
    jamesh said:
    jgomes32 said:
    ursopro said:
    '
    It looks like it was correct.  I just played a second day of Ant-Man, Captain Marvel, and Thor for Behemoth Burrito, Kamala is the featured 3*, and Captain Marvel featured for Crash.

I guess we're in uncharted territory now.

Edit: it looks like both Sam Wilson and Captain Marvel are available for HfH too.
    It’s not uncharted at all. It’s clearly a mistake. This is the 3rd or 4th time since they came up with this order that they’ve messed it up. You’d think they’d automate this stuff rather than just slopping around manually. 
  • St_Bernadus
    St_Bernadus Posts: 592 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Yeah we have the wrong Crash and the same Burrito 2 days in a row. That is clearly an error.

Any official word? @Brigby?
  • Königsmacher
    Königsmacher Posts: 61 Match Maker
    Options
    The required 3* aren't even in the regular order (IM40 before Thanos, Thanos before Strange etc), are they? Maybe it's just wishful thinking, but it could be they handcrafted this weeks DDQ to kick off something else. I keep my fingers crossed for an anouncement of the return of the Mad Titan.
  • Player1575
    Player1575 Posts: 253 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    First time I've ever had all 5 of the 4*s that will be buffed for the week. Guess that means I need to start working on getting into 5* territory, huh? 
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    First time I've ever had all 5 of the 4*s that will be buffed for the week. Guess that means I need to start working on getting into 5* territory, huh? 
    I think that's a first for me too, although I did recently start dipping my toes in 5* land with my first champ, Daredevil. 
  • Rick_OShay
    Rick_OShay Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Placement Rewards:
    4-Star: Spider-Gwen - Yellow, Red, Purple

For CL9, which cover will be offered for T50? Just purple? 
    Then red as progression next event in CL7-9 right?
  • Kahmon
    Kahmon Posts: 625 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Definitely off. By my spreadsheet we were due to have Falcon for both requireds today, followed by Psylocke, Beast, Bullseye, and Steve Rogers over the next 4 days.
  • broll
    Options
    It’s pretty clear the guy that normally does these scheduling things is on vacation and someone’s standing in with little to no training. 
  • Spiritclaw
    Spiritclaw Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    @Brigby, can you ask the team what's going on with the change in DDQ pattern? Is it an error, like the above posters suggest, or is there a reason for leaving the established order? Are we returning to the original pattern after this set?