MPQ Sneak Peek: December 2017 Edition *Updated (12/22/17)

Options

Comments

• DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Bowgentle said:
    DarthDeVo said:
    Bowgentle said:
    DarthDeVo said:
    zodiac339 said:
    A week of Gamora and Medusa for Enemy of the State.
    Heh
    Heh, heh.
    Ahaha.
    AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAA!
    Wow, I read right past Medusa and didn't even think twice about it. Probably because I have a champ Daredevil I'll be using. 

Hmmmmm... I wonder which combination of DD, Medusa, G4mora, or  G4ocket would be the fastest? 
    Half health DD, half health Thor, Thanos.

Medusa doesn't speed up PVE, just makes it very, very safe.
    I have a 5/1/4 Thano5, but only at Level 290. Thor had a single red cover. 

Boosted Medusa (especially paired with G4ocket and G4mora) definitely makes things go faster in PvE. But she's not beating a champed boosted Daredevil. I'd lean towards using DD, Medusa, and G4ocket, but won't get the boost to G4ocket's strike tiles. Medusa boosted could make up for that though. 

DD, Medusa, G4mora could be good, but I'd be missing out on G4ocket's strike tiles. And DD, G4mora, G4ocket is good. It's the team I use pretty much every node right now, boosted or not. But I feel like I would be missing something nice if I wasn't using boosted Medusa. But that could be due to having a soft spot in my heart for her; she was my first 4* champ, afterall. 
    Using Grocket with DD is pointless - he'd stop producing strike tiles right from the beginning.
    Use DD Medusa Gamora, the extra stun from Gamora will trigger Sonar Strike.
    Point taken on G4ocket. It's hard to beat the extra punch his strike tiles offer from the very first turn though. 

And G4mora's cheap stun is exactly why I run them together. Plus they have full rainbow match coverage between the two of them.
  • Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DD never stops producing strikes until he is above 50% health, doesn't matter if there are 2 strikes or 20. I'd look at who is gonna make stronger strikes first, R4G with Gamora or DD, if R4G's are stronger run them with DD/Gamora. If DD's are stronger run Medusa/Gamora. You definitely want Gamora's stun for DD sonar strike.
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Not going to complain about a second Captain Marvel crash :)
  • dragonreader
    dragonreader Posts: 89 Match Maker
    Options
    I hope they change the colors for the DDQ 3* essentials they are repeating.  My Thanos is at 4/6/3 after getting my 6th purple in today's DDQ.  
  • spatenfloot
    spatenfloot Posts: 660 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Has anyone said why it is a repeat?
  • LifeofAgony
    LifeofAgony Posts: 690 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Multiple times it’s been asked / devs decided to run some “fan favorites” again as party of the holiday festivities.
  • jamesh
    Options
    So if I'm reading the timers in the game right, SHIELD Training is going to finish before most people receive the 4* progression covers from Enemy of the State (due to it being a 7 day event).  I guess that bottom row is going to be even more luck dependent than usual (or brute force if you buy lots of tokens).
  • LifeofAgony
    LifeofAgony Posts: 690 Critical Contributor
    Options
    The plus side of that being as EoTS is 7 days means 2 4* Chavez covers instead of the usual 1 from pve progression.  I’ll take the extra cover over the 1cp since I still wouldn’t be getting the LT either way.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The plus side of that being as EoTS is 7 days means 2 4* Chavez covers instead of the usual 1 from pve progression.  I’ll take the extra cover over the 1cp since I still wouldn’t be getting the LT either way.
    EotS also has the most tokens awarded of any PvE, so if the tokens go to the America and Friends vault there should be a higher than normal chance of getting the cover from the vault.
  • jamesh
    Options
    I was thinking more about the second America node giving enough points to unlock the iso at the 2000 point progression mark.  It looks like I'll get that anyway though, so no big deal.

I guess the 7 day event might end up helping more people complete more of the next SHIELD Training event though, which is a plus.
  • marshall
    marshall Posts: 179 Tile Toppler
    Options
    @Brigby

Didn't see anyone commenting, but wanted to point out that Snowball Fight was a cool event. Hope that we get more similar events in the future as they keep things fresh and unlock different combos.

Also wanted to echo, comments above about Shield Training ending before EotS. Might be hard to get the covers before the event ends...
  • madoctor
    madoctor Posts: 292 Mover and Shaker
    edited December 2017
    Options
    The team didn't have enough time to look at those small things before the holidays came. They were too busy planning new content, like a boss re-run, a Crash Re-run, a bleh new character on a bleh PvE with a bleh 5* essential followed by a 7 day PvE on new years, a one node a day event over 12 days

There simply wasn't enough time to look at the small things such as shield training ending before EoTS, double ISO, bugs.

Thank you and a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year
  • ammenell
    ammenell Posts: 817 Critical Contributor
    Options
    new char? 7 day pve? don't know what you are talking about, playing ddq and enjoying the holidays...
    but congrats to your new char! you are awesome! really like how you try to lighten players moods with a game survey! you are awesome! keep up the good work. testing, listening, nerfing,..
    you are.... 
  • BoyWonder1914
    BoyWonder1914 Posts: 884 Critical Contributor
    Options
    mexus said:
    ammenell said:
    new char? 7 day pve? don't know what you are talking about, playing ddq and enjoying the holidays...
    but congrats to your new char! you are awesome! really like how you try to lighten players moods with a game survey! you are awesome! keep up the good work. testing, listening, nerfing,..
    you are.... 
    Your passive aggressive bitter tone doesn't sound like one from  person enjoying the holidays. :)
    Your spidey doesn't look to happy either! #FreeMexus
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,166 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This update is getting a little long in the tooth...wonder where the January 2018 post is?
  • gravel
    gravel Posts: 585 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Since they just got back from the holidays today, it isn't surprising a January update hasn't been posted yet.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,166 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I hope it's that; something about the general state of things and some of the choices being made in-game lately has me like

• broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
  • Black Duke
    Black Duke Posts: 694 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Any word why Sentry, Punisher, Blade, Patch and Human Torch are the required 3* characters for DDQ this week? According to the DDQ Calendar on Gamependium the required characters should have been Hawkeye, Star-Lord, Elektra, Gambit and Angel.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Any word why Sentry, Punisher, Blade, Patch and Human Torch are the required 3* characters for DDQ this week? According to the DDQ Calendar on Gamependium the required characters should have been Hawkeye, Star-Lord, Elektra, Gambit and Angel.
    Gamependium must not have updated for the 3 weeks off the normal schedule they did over Christmas.  They did 3 weeks where rather than the normal schedule they did fan favorites.  We are now back to where we should have been before those characters were inserted out of order.  I updated my personal list when this happened and my predictions matched what came out today.

There characters you asked about will come:
    Hawkeye Hawkguy 1/23/2018
    Star-Lord Peter Quill 1/24/2018
    Elektra Assassin 1/25/2018
    Gambit Modern 1/26/2018
    Angel All-New X-Men 1/27/2018

Also the rest of this cycle:
    Sentry Dark Avengers 1/3/2018
    The Punisher Dark Reign 1/4/2018
    Blade Daywalker 1/5/2018
    Wolverine Patch 1/6/2018
    Human Torch Classic 1/7/2018

Upcoming clash predictions:
    Professor X Charles Xavier 1/3/2018
    Cloak & Dagger Classic 1/8/2018
    Cyclops Classic 1/13/2018
    H4H indicates Cyclops next which seems to be a mistake (unless C&D haven't hit there required number of features which would shock me).