Lame Update

Options

Comments

• James13
    James13 Posts: 665 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Well this thread has convinced me, it is time to grind my way up to platinum, any suggestions for that?
    Heroic encounters in story mode provide the highest exp per battle for card mastery (along with sadly outdated opponents).
  • Emanon2000
    Emanon2000 Posts: 156 Tile Toppler
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Quickest to level all colors is to use Colorless wherever/whenever possible as it levels all colors when done.  To get to Platinum I mixed cards that weren't upgraded Roughly 4Myth, 3Rare, 2Uncommon, 1 Common...  Backfill with the color that is furthest behind when you run out of colorless.   Find an Easy mid-level story line and grind through it as quickly as possible.

• TheDragonHermit
    TheDragonHermit Posts: 465 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    James13 said:
    Well this thread has convinced me, it is time to grind my way up to platinum, any suggestions for that?
    Heroic encounters in story mode provide the highest exp per battle for card mastery (along with sadly outdated opponents).
    Thanks should I focus on Mythics and Rares, until I run out of them at least?
  • Emanon2000
    Options
    If you use more Mythics and Rares you will create some overall stability to the deck and just rotate in the commons/uncommons as they level up.  a lot less thinking involved.  Rebalance the deck when you switch in new Myths/Rares as they level up.
  • hawkyh1
    hawkyh1 Posts: 780 Critical Contributor
    Options
    @TheDragonHermit I would play the game as normal and
    tier up naturally when your card collection is ready for it.

James13 said:
    I thought card mastery is only dependent on number of
    wins?

HH
  • Ohboy
    Ohboy Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    hawkyh1 said:
    @TheDragonHermit I would play the game as normal and
    tier up naturally when your card collection is ready for it.

James13 said:
    I thought card mastery is only dependent on number of
    wins?

HH

No. There's a chart somewhere buried by the sands of time. But heroic battles was most efficient. Also, runes. 
  • TheDragonHermit
    Options
    I have been doing fairly well in events, mostly losing due to poor deck design, and even that has been less and less. The lack of event variety durring the devless era has made it so there is no reason to change my decks, so maybe that held me back a bit in tier.
  • Emanon2000
    edited November 2017
    Options
  • TheDragonHermit
    Options
    That would go a long way to leveling my PWs too, two birds, one long grind.
  • babar3355
    babar3355 Posts: 1,128 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It also might make you hate the game to curb stomp Chandra or Gideon 200 times

• morgue427
    morgue427 Posts: 783 Critical Contributor
    Options
    i used the first 5 heroic battles to help me gain mastery takes about 5 times through to master mythics, yes long boring as sine but pretty simple with the bonus of leveling pws also, rotates out 1 or two cards rinse and repeat ad nauseum
  • Mainloop25
    Mainloop25 Posts: 1,936 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2017
    Options

Story mode Heroic battle against Gideon. 
  • bk1234
    bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I grind all 6 Heroic encounters when I’m digging for runes so I don’t get bored. It’s 30 levels so better than just doing the same ones over and over. 
  • morgue427
    morgue427 Posts: 783 Critical Contributor
    Options
    depends on who i am using really some are easier than others vs certain pws also, any of them after the 30th+ time gets boring lol
  • Ohboy
    Ohboy Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    For mastery you're constantly using new decks and cards you've never used before. It's the most interesting games you'll ever play. 
  • Doomstat
    Doomstat Posts: 115 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I really miss leveling up my mastery. I went from white only gold to all platinum in 2 weeks, playing so many different cards in decks that had no reason to be played together.

I wish I could go back to those weeks. Platinum isn't as fun when you've been here for a while. I'm glad @bken1234 and others offered up those challenges to keep me entertained.
  • bk1234
    bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    @Doomstat we’ve been doing timed challenges as well. Our current record on Bolas in Discord is @ElfNeedsFood ** with 3:20. 

**name used with permission 
  • Doomstat
    Doomstat Posts: 115 Tile Toppler
    Options
    bken1234 said:
    @Doomstat we’ve been doing timed challenges as well. Our current record on Bolas in Discord is @ElfNeedsFood ** with 3:20. 

Is that 3 minutes and twenty seconds? How? How does one burn through 500+ hp that quickly... challenge accepted.
  • ElfNeedsFood
    ElfNeedsFood Posts: 944 Critical Contributor
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Doomstat said:
    bken1234 said:

Is that 3 minutes and twenty seconds? How? How does one burn through 500+ hp that quickly... challenge accepted.
    @Doomstat

Yes, it was fun to get that one lit up. The key card is Approach of the Second Sun.  Cast 12 Second Suns and you’ve nailed it. You’ll hit 7+77 damage with the last hit.  If you want more details, just expand the spoiler section below but I don’t  want to spoil it for you if you want to figure out for yourself. 

If you really want to know, use Elspeth’s ultimate to trigger Pyromancer’s Goggles to play three Second suns. Second Sun should be the only spell in the deck.  Everything else are blue/green/white gem changers and draw supports along with filler creatures you toss out. 

• ElfNeedsFood
    ElfNeedsFood Posts: 944 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Back on topic, I find mythics way more useful than masterpieces...  

The few masterpieces I’ve been lucky enough to pull (mostly via purple from TotP as mentioned elsewhere) are strangely targeting Thopter Spy Network (Boil, Shatterstorm, Maelstrom Pulse).  No Mercy is the most useful one I have but most of the time I use that I’d prefer a different cheaper black kill card that doesn’t let Greg whack me first.  These are all situational cards and none of them are in normal rotation.