Lame Update

Options

Comments

• morgue427
    morgue427 Posts: 783 Critical Contributor
    Options
    not a bad pauper deck not sure i would use swift reckoning without derju? the cycling one that disables 2 for one turn just can be popped easier for 3 as stop 2 rampaging killers for 3 i believe, other wise looks good to me no creature is more than a on color match and one secondary color match while the rest of the deck can be cast severasl with one one color match
  • PsyBaby
    PsyBaby Posts: 32 Just Dropped In
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Even if you pay cash for a planeswalker there easy to get in a few week's for yellow crystals. The only thing you get is to play in the intro event. Personally I did not pay cash for samut but many of you did. If no one bought them the exclusive contest would be empty

The problem is only top coalitions get lots of pink crystals. The pink crystals available to new players are slim and expensive if you pay cash. In any case many of them are only so so
     You won't terrorize too many players with that alone.

• Ohboy
    Ohboy Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    PsyBaby said:
    Even if you pay cash for a planeswalker there easy to get in a few week's for yellow crystals. The only thing you get is to play in the intro event. Personally I did not pay cash for samut but many of you did. If no one bought them the exclusive contest would be empty
    Wrong. The intro event has always happened right after the new walker is available to buy for crystals, not cash.

The problem is only top coalitions get lots of pink crystals. The pink crystals available to new players are slim and expensive if you pay cash. In any case many of them are only so so
     You won't terrorize too many players with that alone.

The jewels are available to everyone via non coalition events, or even the intro events you talk about. They're also available on a daily basis from the TOTP event once you've put in the effort to improve and reach platinum(it's not hard to hit that point after a few months).

Make no mistake, I don't like the fact that the feedback system you talk about at the top coalitions exist. It's part of why I'm alienated here. But you are not helpless. There are ways for you to get jewels. I'm F2P and not part of a top coalition. I dont get quite as many, but I do get enough to buy a pack every month or so.
  • andrewvanmarle
    andrewvanmarle Posts: 971 Critical Contributor
    Options
    now now , be nice to each other.

I agree with the OP, that it'd'be nice if they decided to sell mythics. I'd'pay real money for  some of the cards and i'm'done with the pink jewels and the going back and forth with support praying that i'll'get that one card.
  • PsyBaby
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Whatever, the bottom line is the planeswalker was available two weeks after it was sold for cash for crystals. YOUR really stretching it to personally attack me.  The event may have or may not have happened before sale for yellows.

Well I guess you accumulate plenty of yellows because I save mine for boosters and planeswalker. I have not played much TOTP.  

No, there are hardly any pink crystals in the other single player events.

• Ohboy
    edited November 2017
    Options
    What am I stretching?

Every "intro" event in this game has happened after the planewalker was made available for crystals. It's not a "may or may not have happened" thing. I don't even know what you mean with your bottom line. Are you complaining that they are made available for crystals? 

Twice a week now, we get an event with jewels as personal ranking rewards. I save my crystals for planewalkers and boosters too. That's a redundant statement, since there's nothing else to spend them on(except deck slots and healing pots that nobody buys, and totp is basically buying boosters).

I'm not attacking you. I'm correcting you. There's a difference.

• PsyBaby
    Options
    You are not correcting me. You are being egotistical and hostile.

See how you try to insinuate I'm complaining there sold for (The plansewalkers) for crystals soon after release. I'm happy it is such. I don't want to spend Fifty real dollars for samut. Everything comes out with negative connotations here.

That's *largely* the case, and if it was absolutely true there'd be less of a problem, but there's nothing to stop brand new players opening mythics and masterpieces in boosters and terrorising their piers with them; experienced players staying in low tiers and not leveling their planeswalkers to do the same thing; or anyone, at any level, paying cash for OP content, perhaps like the recently announced 'immensely powerful' Nicola Bolas.

This is the statement I was commenting on.
    Who cares if a whale buys Bolas. It's available for yellows in a few week's

We all don't get personal ranking rewards. 

TOTP costs yellow crystals. I have chose not to spend on that event.

• hawkyh1
    hawkyh1 Posts: 780 Critical Contributor
    Options
    PsyBaby said:

Well I guess you accumulate plenty of yellows because I save mine for boosters and planeswalker. I have not played much TOTP.  

No, there are hardly any pink crystals in the other single player events.

I do the same. locked planeswalker events are timed for after
    the planeswalker has been in the vaults for crystals. probably
    to encourage the spending of crystals and participation.

I'm lucky enough to currently be in a coalition that can usually
    win some jewels during coalition events. before that I was
    getting ~25 jewels per week for completing progression on the
    weekend event. as a coalition we've improved over time to get
    to where we are now. we used to rank 100+(200+ during the
    really early times). I'm also ftp so you can try to do the same.

I would encourage you to find a coalition with other players
    that would play together as a team. coalition rankings are
    about numbers and not individual performance. each time any
    teammate gets lucky on a card would strengthen your ranks.
    it'll only be a matter of time before the better scores translates
    into a better coalition rewards group.

HH
  • babar3355
    babar3355 Posts: 1,128 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    PsyBaby said:
    Thanks for making all the ultra powefull cards available to top coalition players and millionaires. Only pink crystal people can get them.

How about selling them as singles so other people can get them.

Well this post has really degraded as usual.  But despite a petulant tone I tend to agree with the OP's post.  The drop rates are completely abysmal which leads to extreme attrition for newer players.  It frankly sucks to play this game for 2-3 months and have a very low probability of collecting a competitive set of cards.

And I know some elite players can win with very marginal cards.  But you guys are elite players who have tons of experience and know ever nuance of the game.  The average beginner isn't going to have the knowledge or experience to build such decks.

Anyway, this is the exact attitude that I am constantly pointing out to encourage more generous drop rates.  The OP literally sees no light at the end of the tunnel to attaining the games most powerful cards.  This is a problem.
  • Ohboy
    Options
    PsyBaby said:
    You are not correcting me. You are being egotistical and hostile.

See how you try to insinuate I'm complaining there sold for (The plansewalkers) for crystals soon after release. I'm happy it is such. I don't want to spend Fifty real dollars for samut. Everything comes out with negative connotations here.

It was literally the only thing I could think of that you could be referring to. I said I didn't know. That's not insinuating anything. I note you still have not clarified what your bottom line means.
    That's *largely* the case, and if it was absolutely true there'd be less of a problem, but there's nothing to stop brand new players opening mythics and masterpieces in boosters and terrorising their piers with them; experienced players staying in low tiers and not leveling their planeswalkers to do the same thing; or anyone, at any level, paying cash for OP content, perhaps like the recently announced 'immensely powerful' Nicola Bolas.
    I'm really not sure what you stance is. You opened with a request to make the game more p2w, attacked someone who pointed that out, and you've now done a complete 180 and complaining about the game being p2w.
    We all don't get personal ranking rewards.
    People who believe they can and try for it eventually get there. I've seen it happen on many occasions. A certain subset of the population go a different route and yes they won't get there.
    TOTP costs yellow crystals. I have chose not to spend on that event.
    A wise choice, if you're still in bronze. Then again, jewels aren't really a priority when you're a beginner.
  • majincob
    majincob Posts: 732 Critical Contributor
    Options
    It's pretty easy to get into a top coalition. D3ceived has been recruiting for months and can still use more people (see link in my sig).

Although our recruitment standards preclude raw beginners, there are multiple top 10 coalitions that are part of larger organizations that accept people of all skill levels that you can learn from and work your way up into the top.

We recently inducted a new member who started a few months ago, so it can be done if you care enough to.
  • Ohboy
    edited November 2017
    Options
    shteev said:
    Ohboy said:
    shteev said:
    The masterpiece cards were already gated off from the general population from the start.  This update doesn't change that.  It just makes it so the packs rotate and people who have unobtanium can actually use them.
    That's *largely* the case, and if it was absolutely true there'd be less of a problem, but there's nothing to stop brand new players opening mythics and masterpieces in boosters and terrorising their piers with them; experienced players staying in low tiers and not leveling their planeswalkers to do the same thing; or anyone, at any level, paying cash for OP content, perhaps like the recently announced 'immensely powerful' Nicola Bolas.

[edit] Link added.
    I'm really not sure what you stance is. You opened with a request to make the game more p2w, attacked someone who pointed that out, and you've now done a complete 180 and complaining about the game being p2w.
    Lets have a poll! Anyone who thinks my post is 'a request to make this game more p2w', mark this post as 'insightful'! But anyone who thinks that's not the case, like this post!
    Ah I get what happened. He missed his quotation marks. No wonder he sounded so confused. 
  • Sarahschmara
    Sarahschmara Posts: 554 Critical Contributor
    Options
    majincob said:
    It's pretty easy to get into a top coalition. D3ceived has been recruiting for months and can still use more people (see link in my sig).

Although our recruitment standards preclude raw beginners, there are multiple top 10 coalitions that are part of larger organizations that accept people of all skill levels that you can learn from and work your way up into the top.

We recently inducted a new member who started a few months ago, so it can be done if you care enough to.
    True! My group has multiple teams we reorganize weekly based on ambition and skill levels. We’re highly motivated to train up new players and make sure they’re getting meaningful rewards. I love seeing how rapidly new players’ scores improve and I know that anyone who is willing to put the time and effort in can become an “elite” player. 
  • shteev
    shteev Posts: 2,031 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Ohboy said:

Ah I get what happened. He missed his quotation marks. No wonder he sounded so confused. 
    Are you talking about me in the third person? Or what?? What are you talking about?

[Edit] Oh, right!! I've got it now!! Psybaby was quoting me, but didn't put it inside a quote structure... Ohboy quoted Psybaby quoting me, but his post *did* put my quote in some kind of odd quote structure (at least in my browser), so I thought that Ohboy was quoting me, but really he was quoting Psybaby quoting me!

Phew! Glad that's sorted out.
  • babar3355
    babar3355 Posts: 1,128 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    shteev said:
    Lets have a poll! Anyone who thinks my post is 'a request to make this game more p2w', mark this post as 'insightful'! But anyone who thinks that's not the case, like this post!
    I am going to need you to read the topic on poll creation. We need a neutral option!

• luckyvulpi
    luckyvulpi Posts: 40 Just Dropped In
    Options
    @khurram

Don't act like TotP is some equaliser that allows everyone to earn unobtanium at the same time. 
    The TotP rewards absolutely suck for anyone not in platinum and it was generally agreed that it's better to buy planeswalkers or cards for non-plat players instead.

60 crystals per day is a huge investment that many players can't afford.  I certainly can't earn that much and I would love to know what kind of things you do in order to sustain 60 crystals per day for 4 weeks to get 1 pack.

Just because you can afford 60 crystals per day with the best rewards doesn't mean everyone else can.
  • TheDragonHermit
    TheDragonHermit Posts: 465 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    @khurram

Don't act like TotP is some equaliser that allows everyone to earn unobtanium at the same time. 
    The TotP rewards absolutely suck for anyone not in platinum and it was generally agreed that it's better to buy planeswalkers or cards for non-plat players instead.

60 crystals per day is a huge investment that many players can't afford.  I certainly can't earn that much and I would love to know what kind of things you do in order to sustain 60 crystals per day for 4 weeks to get 1 pack.

Just because you can afford 60 crystals per day with the best rewards doesn't mean everyone else can.
    For platinum players, unlike me, there is the possibility of recuperating half of the enterance fee. This makes TotP a really good move just from the pack perspective, for platinum. And let's face it, that is where we want the Mythics and MPs concentrated, in the endgame tier.