Lame Update

Options
PsyBaby
PsyBaby Posts: 32 Just Dropped In
Thanks for making all the ultra powefull cards available to top coalition players and millionaires. Only pink crystal people can get them.

How about selling them as singles so other people can get them.

Comments

• PsyBaby
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Actually a lot of people have requested more singles since the drops rot here. Not to mention the high dupe rate.

The top coalitions are all locked up ,that's where the pink crystals are at,  and newer players can't get anywhere without at least some key cards.

//Removed Attack On Another Player -Brigby

• PsyBaby
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Ok you give up all your good cards and come back and say the same thing. I dont feel sorry for myself

• Ohboy
    Ohboy Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2017
    Options
    PsyBaby said:
    Ok you give up all your good cards and come back and say the same thing.  I don't feel sorry for myself 

Most of my games these days are played exactly like that. Without those "good cards" you speak of. 
  • PsyBaby
    Options
    Nor any rares
  • Ohboy
    Options
    PsyBaby said:
    Nor any rares

Yup. Pauper is pretty fun. 
  • PsyBaby
    Options
    You lie. There are few if any combos to reasonably win. 
  • theyrejustelves
    theyrejustelves Posts: 34 Just Dropped In
    Options
    He didnt say there were combos, just that it can be done.
  • PsyBaby
    Options
    You lie. There are few constructs that can reasonably win at all composed of only commons and uncommons.

Hey take your strategies to the paper magic and you will save people thousands and embarras all the top tournament players.

• Ohboy
    Options
    Top tournament players don't play like drunk monkeys. 

The ai does. 
  • shteev
    shteev Posts: 2,031 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Post some pauper decks?
  • PsyBaby
    Options
    The next vid they send to our mailboxes should be titled "killer common decks"  blow away omniscient and new perspectives cycling decks with the Aviary Mechanic Powerhouse.
  • shteev
    Options
    PsyBaby said:
    The next vid they send to our mailboxes should be titled "killer common decks"  blow away omniscient and new perspectives cycling decks with the Aviary Mechanic Powerhouse.
    Well, you can have a deck that beats AI New Perspectives decks pretty easily, what with the AI not ever using cycling.

You'll just never have a non NP deck which wins events as good as my NP decks, that's all.

Omniscience, well, that's another story.
  • bk1234
    bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    FS — Elspeth — All Objectives, one Deck, pauper. 

https://imgur.com/gallery/tn9U8

• shteev
    Options
    @bken1234 not going to moderate the language in this thread at all?
  • Ohboy
    Options
    I don't see any bad language but you're usually better at spotting those than me. 
  • luckyvulpi
    luckyvulpi Posts: 40 Just Dropped In
    Options
    The masterpiece cards were already gated off from the general population from the start.  This update doesn't change that.  It just makes it so the packs rotate and people who have unobtanium can actually use them.

Personally I think the update is a bit lame, but for different reasons.  Mostly just because i was really excited for a new feature or change or something when I saw the prepatch notifcation in my inbox, but nothing really changes.  The pack rotation needed to happen, but doesn't really change anything since I still can't afford it and it's hard for me to get excited about Nicol Bolus if I don't really know anything about him.  Details on his abilitys would be cool, especially since they don't sound very good or an announcement of a Nicol Bolus themed event where everyone gets to try him like Blue/Red girl would be pretty exciting, but this pre patch tells very little.
  • shteev
    Options
    Ohboy said:
    I don't see any bad language but you're usually better at spotting those than me. 
    Well, these things are often subjective.
  • shteev
    edited November 2017
    Options
    The masterpiece cards were already gated off from the general population from the start.  This update doesn't change that.  It just makes it so the packs rotate and people who have unobtanium can actually use them.
    That's *largely* the case, and if it was absolutely true there'd be less of a problem, but there's nothing to stop brand new players opening mythics and masterpieces in boosters and terrorising their piers with them; experienced players staying in low tiers and not leveling their planeswalkers to do the same thing; or anyone, at any level, paying cash for OP content, perhaps like the recently announced 'immensely powerful' Nicola Bolas.

[edit] Link added.