2.2.5 Release Notes (11/21/17)

Options

Comments

• Gunmix25
    Gunmix25 Posts: 1,435 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Kinesia said:

The important part of this patch is that this is the test of a _big_ patch prior to them doing anything else that actually matters more.
    Doing this is a step _forward_ to the release of Ixalan and Booster Crafting, not instead of it.
    I agree wholeheartedly! And it needed saying. Thank you. 

Sadly though, there are still many impatient players out there that fail to understand complexity and importance of this update that they'll scream bloody murder anyways. They probably likely insist that Oktagon is no better than Hibernium because they can't provide fresh content fast enough. 

I for one am looking forward to seeing how well this first big update rolls out. 
  • IM_CARLOS
    IM_CARLOS Posts: 640 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Steeme said:

Meh.

New masterpiece boosters are worthless to the paying portion of the playerbase if you keep stuffing them with the pre-purchase mythics that we already paid for.

Nicol Bolas?  Cool.  I'll consider getting him after you completely redesign the event system so that I don't have to play the game when I don't want to.  (Hint:  Remove node refresh completely).

Ask support if you got a dupe. You will get 400 jewels back and after 3 or 4 dupes you will get a guaranteed non-dupe. Even if you have every mystic from the rotation. So... Masterpiece guaranteed. Okay a little wait an little work for calling the support ...

Unluck me the present rotation only has masterpieces like ornithopter, wormcoil ....
  • THEMAGICkMAN
    THEMAGICkMAN Posts: 697 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I can't say I'm not intrigued but...

there has to be a catch right? They can't just make a tri-coloured planeswalker without any significant drawbacks right? Right???

I'm very much going to wait and see where this goes, truly a test of Oktagon's developing skill, if they designed Bolas well then that is a huge, HUGE ray of hope for the game again, it would be all to easy to screw up on this. Fingers crossed.
  • tfg76
    tfg76 Posts: 258 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    The thing is: Saheeli and T2 are both awesome PW´s in these colors. Bolas will be better given the greater card selection, but slightly worse mana and/or spell selection will easily make him balanced against those, depending on his abilities of course.
  • babar3355
    babar3355 Posts: 1,128 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I can't say I'm not intrigued but...

there has to be a catch right? They can't just make a tri-coloured planeswalker without any significant drawbacks right? Right???

I'm very much going to wait and see where this goes, truly a test of Oktagon's developing skill, if they designed Bolas well then that is a huge, HUGE ray of hope for the game again, it would be all to easy to screw up on this. Fingers crossed.
    I don't think Oktagon actually designed Bolas. I suspect that was done by Hibernum but was either not finished or not released yet.  Anyway, I wouldn't count this as a test of Oktagon's development skills unless they specifically state that they were the designers of this new PW.
  • Rasalghul
    Rasalghul Posts: 158 Tile Toppler
    Options
    If you check the support card, Crumbling Necropolis from HOU, it turns 3 gems to black, blue or red. 

We can already guessed that Bolas was about to be released and his mana gains will be his weak point, as usually that kind of support only turns 2 gems to select colors.
  • shteev
    shteev Posts: 2,031 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Rasalghul said:
    If you check the support card, Crumbling Necropolis from HOU, it turns 3 gems to black, blue or red. 

We can already guessed that Bolas was about to be released and his mana gains will be his weak point, as usually that kind of support only turns 2 gems to select colors.
    Here's the prediction I'm putting into a sealed envelope right now: 'Nicol Bolas will not have poor mana gains'.
  • Theros
    Theros Posts: 490 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Poor mana gain is bad has the game as evolved so much and no matter how good card selection is. Ajani 1, sharkan and arlinn are not competitive compared to mono color high mana pws; they can't dispense cards fast enough.
    A limit on cards is better
  • blacklotus
    blacklotus Posts: 589 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Here's my prediction for level 60 Bolas:
    129hp
    8/5/5 slots
    +3 mana gains for on-color, -2 mana gains for off-color
  • shteev
    shteev Posts: 2,031 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

... at level 20.
  • asm0deus
    asm0deus Posts: 73 Match Maker
    Options
    Might have similar mana gains to saheeli. +3 or +4 to his main colors and +1 to the off colors
  • Emanon2000
    Emanon2000 Posts: 156 Tile Toppler
    edited November 2017
    Options
    So should we assume this patch comes tomorrow....?  Since Thurs and Fri are 'typically' holidays?

Kind of scares me that they are gonna throw out the patch and then ditch for 4 days.  On the other hand, this is more than typical for D3... Sad to say.

Sorry... We weren't around to address the issues we just threw out there...  
  • hawkyh1
    hawkyh1 Posts: 780 Critical Contributor
    Options
    sarkhan is plenty playable despite the weaker on colour
    mana gains. I just use the cheap cards like hazoret's
    favour, giant spectacle. I see +2 on colour bolas as
    sarkhan with new perspectives. I don't think an on
    colour mana cap across 3 colours that contain cheap
    cards is going to balance bolas. my guess is x/4/4
    similar to samut.

HH
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    *Updated to Final Release Notes
  • ALEJANDROID
    ALEJANDROID Posts: 71 Match Maker
    Options
    129hp
    8/5/5 slots
    Id take off one spell and/or suppor tfrom that prediction just because they know how much it kicks our bolls
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    edited November 2017
    Options
    129hp
    8/5/5 slots
    Id take off one spell and/or suppor tfrom that prediction just because they know how much it kicks our bolls
    Once I have more in-depth details to provide, I'll be sure to update the Planeswalker Details page. As of right now though, I can confirm that Nicol Bolas has 8 Max Spells, 5 Max Supports, and 4 Max Creatures.
    //Edited Typo With Creature Number -Brigby
  • Drewster
    Drewster Posts: 116 Tile Toppler
    edited November 2017
    Options
    How much $?

Edit:

I bought it for $39.99. :)

• bk1234
    bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Brigby said:
    *Updated to Final Release Notes
    Whoa!!!  That's quite a bundle!!!
  • Doomstat
    Doomstat Posts: 115 Tile Toppler
    edited November 2017
    Options
    @Drewster

For only $39.99 that is an amazing bundle offer. I'm actually considering spending money on this...
  • Coilbox
    Coilbox Posts: 202 Tile Toppler
    Options
    And Kaladesh boosters are back in the vault! <3