2.2.5 Release Notes (11/21/17)

Options

Comments

• Matthew
    Matthew Posts: 605 Critical Contributor
    Options
    @Phoenix74

They're working on it. This is them giving us some new content to enjoy while we wait.
  • Sirchombli
    Sirchombli Posts: 322 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    This is interesting. Probably going to follow the current model and cost like $75, 1000+ crystals and around 240k runes. I hope I'm wrong, but if 2 colors costs double, I can only imagine that 3 will cost triple. Kinda cool, I just hope that it doesn't turn bad. 
  • bk1234
    bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Phoenix74 said:
    Attention Admins: What ever happened to the custom booster creation with all of our duplicates?
    Hi @Phoenix74

For an update on booster crafting and more, please see this thread:

https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/68458/q-a-with-oktagon-october-edition-10-25-17

and be on the lookout for the November Q&A with Oktagon which should be posted soon :) 
  • Ohboy
    Ohboy Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm cautiously excited to see how opening a pw to 3 colors will upset the game's meta and it's players. 
  • Azerack
    Azerack Posts: 501 Critical Contributor
    edited November 2017
    Options
    So... Is it okay to say I "called it", months ago, when I asked when we would see Nicol as a PW? ;-)

Bragging, aside, looking forward to Oktagon's first update to MtGPW. Best wishes on a smooth deployment.  :smile:
  • Krishna
    Krishna Posts: 205 Tile Toppler
    edited November 2017
    Options
    bken1234 said:
    Phoenix74 said:
    Attention Admins: What ever happened to the custom booster creation with all of our duplicates?
    Hi @Phoenix74

https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/68458/q-a-with-oktagon-october-edition-10-25-17

and be on the lookout for the November Q&A with Oktagon which should be posted soon :) 

I had the same thought, because in the October Q & A, they were VERY clear about their priorities, and booster crafting was given top priority:

"What is the team’s prioritization like when it comes to upcoming or new features?
    We have just finished scheduling events through the end of the year and doing a broad based code/design review of both the client and server side of the game. Initially we are intent on finishing the Booster Crafting System that you have been patiently awaiting for so long. We are getting close on that, expecting to deploy it prior to the holidays.

"The second priority is to catch up to paper MTG`s set release schedule. Third, we are in an early design stage of some new features related to story, cosmetic changes, game modes, as well as quality-of-life changes to the UI. Once these three priorities are complete, we will move on to potential improvements for the code/design review mentioned above."

So this move of releasing Bolas is nowhere hinted at in the three priorities, and frankly it seems counterproductive, since they could have followed their second priority of catching up to paper MTG by releasing Vraska instead. Trust me, I am not complaining (until I have to face Bolas 24 times a week in TotP), but it seems like an unusual move for their first update. It is cool that I will get to see my PW face when I cast Dreadwaters, so yeah.

Maybe booster crafting will be in the update and they want it to be a surprise?

• octal9
    octal9 Posts: 593 Critical Contributor
    Options
    @Brigby can you get us his mana gains?
  • MDsupa
    MDsupa Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
    Options
    What's the stat of Nicol Bolas?  Max HP?  Max Spells, Max Supports, Max Creatures?  Mana Gain per color?
  • Mainloop25
    Mainloop25 Posts: 1,936 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2017
    Options
    majincob said:
    Krishna said:
    bken1234 said:
    Phoenix74 said:
    Hi @Phoenix74

I had the same thought, because in the October Q & A, they were VERY clear about their priorities, and booster crafting was given top priority:

"What is the team’s prioritization like when it comes to upcoming or new features?
    We have just finished scheduling events through the end of the year and doing a broad based code/design review of both the client and server side of the game. Initially we are intent on finishing the Booster Crafting System that you have been patiently awaiting for so long. We are getting close on that, expecting to deploy it prior to the holidays.

"The second priority is to catch up to paper MTG`s set release schedule. Third, we are in an early design stage of some new features related to story, cosmetic changes, game modes, as well as quality-of-life changes to the UI. Once these three priorities are complete, we will move on to potential improvements for the code/design review mentioned above."

So this move of releasing Bolas is nowhere hinted at in the three priorities, and frankly it seems counterproductive, since they could have followed their second priority of catching up to paper MTG by releasing Vraska instead. Trust me, I am not complaining (until I have to face Bolas 24 times a week in TotP), but it seems like an unusual move for their first update. It is cool that I will get to see my PW face when I cast Dreadwaters, so yeah.

Maybe booster crafting will be in the update and they want it to be a surprise?

Maybe they found the code for Bolas in their "broad based code/design review" and decided it'd be low hanging fruit to stimulate the game.

Yeah for all we know, this was something already in the works from Hibernum, and maybe the easiest thing to finish between this, booster crafting, and a new card set. 
  • ElfNeedsFood
    ElfNeedsFood Posts: 944 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I think I’m going to choose to be optimistic...  I do hope they don’t make him too powerful. Three colors alone makes him powerful enough. I’m hoping for deck restritions and mana gains that are lower than the lowest we have today.
  • bk1234
    Options
    MDsupa said:
    What's the stat of Nicol Bolas?  Max HP?  Max Spells, Max Supports, Max Creatures?  Mana Gain per color?
    We probably won’t know this until the release. 
  • octal9
    Options
    bken1234 said:
    MDsupa said:
    They've given this info in the past for release notes - it happened with Elspeth, for example.
  • bk1234
    Options
    octal9 said:
    bken1234 said:
    MDsupa said:
    They've given this info in the past for release notes - it happened with Elspeth, for example.
    Aren’t there usually pre-release notes and then release notes with more details? 
  • shteev
    shteev Posts: 2,031 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Azerack said:
    So... Is it okay to say I "called it", months ago, when I asked when we would see Nicol as a PW? ;-)
    It begins.
  • Brakkis
    Brakkis Posts: 777 Critical Contributor
    edited November 2017
    Options
    This is interesting. Probably going to follow the current model and cost like $75, 1000+ crystals and around 240k runes. I hope I'm wrong, but if 2 colors costs double, I can only imagine that 3 will cost triple. Kinda cool, I just hope that it doesn't turn bad. 
    Slightly more than double (something that irks me actually). Dual colors are 70 crystals more than double, or about 24% of the single color cost tacked on.

Given that, I'm ballparking Bolas at 1010 crystals.
  • Fiddler
    Fiddler Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    bken1234 said:
    octal9 said:
    bken1234 said:
    MDsupa said:
    Aren’t there usually pre-release notes and then release notes with more details? 

That's right, pre-release notes and release notes. So we expect the release notes with all the details to come with the actual release.
  • shteev
    shteev Posts: 2,031 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Yeah for all we know, this was something already in the works from Hibernum, and maybe the easiest thing to finish between this, booster crafting, and a new card set. 
    Given how difficult it's been to simply start a pre-designed event on a schedule using Hibernum's code, maybe it would have been better to rewrite any Bolas-specific bits rather than re-use them.
  • octal9
    Options
    Fiddler said:
    bken1234 said:
    octal9 said:
    bken1234 said:
    MDsupa said:

That's right, pre-release notes and release notes. So we expect the release notes with all the details to come with the actual release.
     Elspeth specifically was teased during prerelease