2.2.5 Release Notes (11/21/17)

Options
Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
edited November 2017 in MtGPQ General Discussion

2.2.5 Release Notes

The God-Pharaoh of Amonkhet Arrives

The Elder Dragon, Nicol Bolas, is finally coming to Magic: The Gathering - Puzzle Quest, as our first ever three-color Planeswalker! He is a master at manipulating Blue, Black, and Red magic to devastate worlds, sunder time, and even conquer death. Now it is your turn to wield the power of the God-Pharaoh, and impose your indomitable will on any Planeswalker that dares cross your path.

Nicol Bolas is an immensely powerful Planeswalker with abilities designed to cripple your opponents, and raise an unstoppable army of the dead.

• (9) *Scorpion's Sting: Target creature your opponent controls is Destroyed

• (15) *Plague of Locusts: You draw 2 cards and summon 4 2/2 Zombie tokens

• (21) *Call of the Scarab: The last creature that entered your graveyard gains Zombie and is Returned to the battlefield, then your opponent takes X damage, where X is the number of Zombies you control times 9

*Abilities are listed at level 4

To announce his arrival, there is a special bundle available in the Vault, which gives you the power of Nicol Bolas, and all the tools you need to wield it:
  • Nicol Bolas, God-Pharaoh
  • 25,000 Mana Runes
  • 1 Blue Super Pack
  • 1 Black Super Pack
  • 1 Red Super Pack

New Masterpiece Boosters

We have begun introducing new Masterpiece Boosters (Rare+ and Mythic+) into the bi-weekly rotation, that feature many crowd-favorite cards from the older sets, as well as revamped collections from the recent ones.

Our current Masterpiece Booster showcases some of the key vehicles and iconic characters of Aether Revolt, such as Wurmcoil Engine and Baral, Chief of Compliance.

Bug Fixes

• Adjusted card artwork display for Zombie Token of Sunscourge Champion and Steadfast Sentinel

• Fixed a problem with the Card Finder button in the Battle Log

• Fixed a problem with the Rules button in the Event description screen

• Fixed a display issue with the spell, Dreadwaters

• Improved the Planeswalker search in the filter option

• Fixed a display issue with the creature, Eternal Dreamstealer, in the Battle Log

• [iOS only] Fixed a problem with Bundle purchase with Mana Crystals

• [Android only] Fixed an issue with the Card Pool button in the Deck Building Tutorial

*Numerous additional bug fixes will be included in the upcoming update.

Comments

• Matthew
    Matthew Posts: 605 Critical Contributor
    Options
    This is fantastic news! Talk about a way to stir up more interest. I have just one burning question (that I fully realize may not be answerable at this time):

How much will he cost us, both in the up-front cash purchase, and his crystal cost when he eventually hits the Vault?

Again, I realize that is probably subject to change. But c'mon...you can't expect us not to ask if you don't say that up front...
  • majincob
    majincob Posts: 732 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Three color PW. Did not see that coming.
  • shteev
    shteev Posts: 2,031 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    "Immensely powerful", eh? Compared to what? Rishkar's Expertise? Drake Haven?
  • Mainloop25
    Mainloop25 Posts: 1,935 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    shteev said:

Immensely powerful because it has access to Omniscience. 
  • Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Bolas has finally finished with Amonkhet and is coming to MTGPQ.  Lets hope he leaves us in better shape.....
  • Babo21
    Babo21 Posts: 37 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Now I remember another crowd favorite.... Baral! Not the new, politically correct, Baral, but the one I bought back in the day! Make sure you play test this right! It almost drove me to leave this game when Baral was nerfed because it was just to powerful...
    Also, it would be nice to keep to the previous story! Bolas is currently the big boss in RotGP... Like Tezz2 was in a previous event. And our current tezz2 PW has a power similar to the one he played during the event. You might want to keep that in perspective...
  • Babo21
    Babo21 Posts: 37 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Don't think that I'm not excited about it! I am! I'm thrilled with the notion that we will finally get new content. I'm just afraid that this particular new content might cause another PR disaster!
  • Matthew
    Options
    Thank you for the prompt response. I've got a follow-on question now.

Can we expect the usual 3-week delay between the time he's in the vault for cash and the time he shows up for crystals?
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    @Matthew said:
    Thank you for the prompt response. I've got a follow-on question now.

Can we expect the usual 3-week delay between the time he's in the vault for cash and the time he shows up for crystals?
    I don't know the exact time-frame as to when he'll be available in the vault, but it should be sometime in December.
  • Steeme
    Steeme Posts: 784 Critical Contributor
    Options

Meh.

New masterpiece boosters are worthless to the paying portion of the playerbase if you keep stuffing them with the pre-purchase mythics that we already paid for.

Nicol Bolas?  Cool.  I'll consider getting him after you completely redesign the event system so that I don't have to play the game when I don't want to.  (Hint:  Remove node refresh completely).

• Matthew
    Options
    Steeme said:

New masterpiece boosters are worthless to the paying portion of the playerbase if you keep stuffing them with the pre-purchase mythics that we already paid for.

Believe it or not, not everyone buys every single card they try to sell us. A better critique would be to suggest that they fix the fact that you can pull a card you've already bought from any other source. That's the real insult. For instance, I bought both Baral and Herald of Anguish. But I have 3 copies of Baral and 5 copies of Herald.

Steeme said:

Nicol Bolas?  Cool.  I'll consider getting him after you completely redesign the event system so that I don't have to play the game when I don't want to.  (Hint:  Remove node refresh completely).

I completely agree with this. It's stupid that they don't just give us all the charges up front. I sort of get why, as they can base some of their success on the number of times people have opened up the app. But there are other ways to encourage that kind of behavior.
  • Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Steeme said:

Meh.

Maybe you already paid for them.  The rest of us FTP players would love a chance to get the elite mythics that made this game pay-to-win.
    Steeme said:

You never have to play the game when you don't want to.  And the point of 8 hour recharges is that you basically get a full day until you "need" to play matches.  Removing node refresh would be nice, but it would make it so much easier to snipe events its probably not worth it
  • Gunmix25
    Gunmix25 Posts: 1,434 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    shteev said:
    If it is as powerful as "Shteev's Cynicism" ...
    We. Are. So. Tinykitty.

.... oh wait, that's not a card.  
    Should be though. :p
  • TheDragonHermit
    TheDragonHermit Posts: 465 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Great, I just saved up for my Ixalan crystal goal, now I need to get more, ah well, with three colors he'll have so many cards available deckbuilding will be a blast.
  • majincob
    majincob Posts: 732 Critical Contributor
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Will you be giving the leveling info and/or an early copy of the PW to @octal9 so he can get the level cost/stats info on his website before release?

Is there an unreleased Tamiyo waiting to plunder our wallets too?
  • Gunmix25
    Gunmix25 Posts: 1,434 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Great, I just saved up for my Ixalan crystal goal, now I need to get more, ah well, with three colors he'll have so many cards available deckbuilding will be a blast.
    I've been doing the same. Trying to save up as much as I can.  Aiming for a solid 2400 
  • Steeme
    Steeme Posts: 784 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Matthew said:
    Believe it or not, not everyone buys every single card they try to sell us. A better critique would be to suggest that they fix the fact that you can pull a card you've already bought from any other source. That's the real insult. For instance, I bought both Baral and Herald of Anguish. But I have 3 copies of Baral and 5 copies of Herald.

I'm not blowing jewels on a pack that is stuffed with cards I already paid for.  You don't need to have purchased all of the cards, just some of them.

Mburn7 said:
    Steeme said:

Meh.

Maybe you already paid for them.  The rest of us FTP players would love a chance to get the elite mythics that made this game pay-to-win.

Right.  Create a new, different pack with the former pre-purchases.  No need to stuff the masterpiece collection with dupes, effectively rendering the packs worthless to players that already have those cards.

Mburn7 said:

You never have to play the game when you don't want to.  And the point of 8 hour recharges is that you basically get a full day until you "need" to play matches.  Removing node refresh would be nice, but it would make it so much easier to snipe events its probably not worth it

Right.  So I want to play on Sunday, or Monday.  By then, I've blown a ton of charges, effectively removing me from any type of competition.  At that point it's just a solo game, in which case I have better things to do.

• Phoenix74
    Phoenix74 Posts: 1 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Attention Admins: What ever happened to the custom booster creation with all of our duplicates?